+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Regarding the excessive phone books ... mine were stacked on a shelf in my garage.

The step down from my kitchen to the garage is high/low so when the Physical therapist was visiting ... she built an intermediate step with the phone books so I could practice until I could manage the steeper step. So someone did actually find a use for them.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I agree neti pot!! I use it in the winter more than the summer, even hubby has taken to using a neti pot
    I remember my dad filling his hands with warm water and gently inhaling some into his nose.

He had some disposable facial cloths into which he would then blow his nose.

This sounds conceptually similar to a Neti pot ... although he was using tap water without salt.saline.

As a child ... it freaked me out ... but I have done it a couple of times and it helps.

Father knows best!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I wonder why it's called a Neti Pot? You'd think it would be called a Snotty Pot. lol!
    Debb70 likes this.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

When my sinuses get really bad I use and old nasal spray bottle and mix half water and half peroxide and clean my sinuses out that way. The peroxide will boil the infection out. I am allergic to steroids so I can't use them for the infections and that is what most doctors like to do is give you a steroid shot and I am allergic to benedryl and can only take child sized doses of most allergy meds. I am allergic to sulpha drugs too.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

I have heard great things about the neti pot. I know it sounds crazy, but just the thought of it, makes me a little ill. I guess you get used to it. PLUS, you get the benefit of feeling better, so, better just get over it, right?
    Lizard and Photobabe like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I have heard great things about the neti pot. I know it sounds crazy, but just the thought of it, makes me a little ill. I guess you get used to it. PLUS, you get the benefit of feeling better, so, better just get over it, right?
    I thought it sounded like it would gag me, but it really isn't bad at all! I didn't think it took any getting used to, it was easy from day one when I actually tried it!

It makes a huge difference when my allergies act up. On top of helping clear the congestion, it clears out the allergens that are sitting in my sinuses making them worse!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

People build up a lot of untrue things in their minds. It is soothing, and you are used to it after your first use. You can see a demonstration of it on You Tube but, be warned, it is not a spectator sport. This girl's sinuses were really BAD. I've never had any experience comparable to what came out of her sinuses. There is no pain...no drowning, burning feeling...nothing goes down your throat. I like that there's no medication and that you can do it as many times/day as you want. Doctors love it and believe in it. The practice has been around for thousands of years. Warm saline water only.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I've been using my neti pot a lot lately.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I have used one for years. My yoga teacher told me about it. Now when I introduced it to my husband -he said what you did. Now he uses it quite often, I can only tell you it feels wonderful after using it
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I believe all of you, I do. I think part of my hesitation is that it reminds me of that feeling you get when you dive into a pool and that water goes into your nose and it hurts real bad up into your sinuses. Do you know what I mean? I have to just past my mental hangups about it.

+ Reply to Thread