+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7280Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Oh yes, its an individual thing .We have one area that was really bad for panhandlers, that the shops would complain. One guy ( on drugs) lost it and scared away their patrons, so they have asked we don't give them money. Like I said, we have a homes shelter, and they like to get warm full tummies there. I volunteered one Christmas, it was one of the best I had. Seeing their faces light up , with a really full plate, it does one good. Later I took both my children to serve their food, I wanted them to always know how lucky they were/are.
    Baby's Breath likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    It would make an interesting short story to imagine what that $5 might have meant to him.

My youngest daughter (the chef) just moved to Boston, got a good job, but takes public transportation in the wee hours when she gets off work, which worries me. Her older sister (pilot) sent me messages on e-mail AND Facebook that she needed her sister's address "urgently". This was at 3:45 a.m. on Friday. Then neither one of them answered multiple phone calls or messages for the next TWO DAYS!!!. I was getting a little frantic. Chef daughter called at 1:30 a.m. (!!!!!) this morning to say everything was ok. Her phone died and she had to order another one. Explained that her older sister needed a pair of pilot pants she had taken accidentally during the move - which is why she needed the address. Older daughter called this morning in response to the bolded swears in my most recent message () and asked what was up. I explained and then she said she didn't need a lecture and hung up on me.
    WHY DID I HAVE KIDS?
    Hmmm... I wonder that on occasion and then my son does something wonderful for me.
    Just dropping by to hang out, a phone visit that is longer than 2 seconds, bringing me a Birthday cake on my Birthday, telling me what a great mom I am...(which makes me cry), nothing big but just the fact that he is there if I need him.
    Last edited by inthegarden; 09-15-2013 at 03:06 PM.
    Lil Bit likes this.

Oh, I know. They do good things, too. But I needed to vent, because that series of events had me convinced something horrible had happened. Part of your heart is never yours again with every child you have.
    ClosetRTWatcher and KatesMom like this.
    Count your blessings!

I have only had dogs so, if you ever get tired of them ... the kids, I mean, I'll take a couple off your hands.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Oh, I know. They do good things, too. But I needed to vent, because that series of events had me convinced something horrible had happened. Part of your heart is never yours again with every child you have.
    I would have thought the same thing. I hate to be left hanging like that.
    This is true.

I tend to not give money to people. I do give to the shelter. At least there I know the money is going where it is needed. Although, there was an older, shaky man on the corner that I gave money too. Something about the elderly gets me every time.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I'm also a lot more open now than I was a year or two ago. Not in real life, by the way. But online. Real life I'm still as anti-social as I always was.

My new openness is good and bad. The bad, I rant about things a lot and express my hatred towards anything. The good, I more openly and comfortably show support for people I like and believe in, like on Facebook.

And yes, despite numerous threats to delete my Facebook account I obviously still have it.

I talk about myself way too much too. I can't stop using the word "I".

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    I would have thought the same thing. I hate to be left hanging like that.
    This is true.
    They shouldn't have scared you like that! I NEVER call my parents past 10PM. I know they are asleep and anything can wait til the morning unless a true emergency. Shame on them. I know they are good girls but shouldn't scare their mama like that. IMHO!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

They won't appreciate that until they have children of their own, unfortunately.

Got my flu shot today. The stick hurt a bit, but any pain was gone after my tech was through giving the shot. It seems to help in my mind, anyway, if I say "Ow" in an annoyed voice as she gives the shot!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I'm also a lot more open now than I was a year or two ago. Not in real life, by the way. But online. Real life I'm still as anti-social as I always was.

My new openness is good and bad. The bad, I rant about things a lot and express my hatred towards anything. The good, I more openly and comfortably show support for people I like and believe in, like on Facebook.

And yes, despite numerous threats to delete my Facebook account I obviously still have it.

I talk about myself way too much too. I can't stop using the word "I".
    If you can put up with me saying "so" all the time, I can stand you usiing "I" all the time!

+ Reply to Thread