+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6456Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Lizard if your diet is crappy, and you know it.-you can change that, well-done saying/posting that out loud. Your body is likely telling you the same thing. It needs good fuel to fuel that body .If it doesn't go away, see the doctor ,your heath is your wealth
    Lizard likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

The tribe has spoken, Lizard! Get your doctor to check you out and if they say diet alone is all you need to help with your pain, great! They might also suggest some exercises for you, specific things you should definitely include or avoid in your diet, and of course check to make sure there's no more serious underlying condition causing the pain.

I got my flu shot today. I asked about the pneumonia vaccine, too, but the nurse said the doctor decided I was too young to need it. That's not what I had read online but whatever. If the doctor doesn't think I need it at this time, I'm not going to insist on getting it. I trust my doctor's opinion. She's helped me out a lot so far with managing my asthma and prediabetes.
    Last edited by pikachu; 09-13-2013 at 11:05 AM.
    Lizard likes this.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It's my understanding that the pneumonia shot is ridiculously expensive. They would probably give it to you if you insisted and were going to pay for it. I'm pretty sure it's in the hundreds of dollars range. Stick with your doctor. I'm sure she'd approve it if it were medically necessary. So glad you trust your doctor and are happy with your care.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I don't mind shots( I mean I don't love them) but I had a lot of them when I was in hospital, its a shot. I don't take medicines, but I think y'all talked me into getting the flu shot- thank you for that. Now one question - will my arm ache and for how long?
    My upper arm usually aches after a flu shot. The intensity varies from year to year. It is never unbearable, just a nuisance and usually it last for about day. It helps if I move my arm a lot afterward, so I get the shot in my dominant arm (right since I am right-handed) and I periodically do some shoulder stretches/rolls through the rest of the afternoon. The movement just helps get the vaccine distributed more quickly.

However, I know MANY people who never have this aching issue at all so you many be luckier than me!

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    I am 48. A little over a week ago I started feeling pains in the small bones of both my feet. And my right foot had minor swelling on top below the toes. I have had a very crappy diet. Never have had pains before. I am trying to add fruit back to the diet. At first I thought I sprained something. In middle of last divorce stuff so I do not really want to go to the doctor. I started walking yesterday morning in case that is what I needed. I walked one mile fine. I wonder if this is like carpal tunnel of the feet (I had it in my hands and that went away) or arthritis starting.

Lizard
    ... that could be caused by a sprain or even a fracture. Pain and swelling are important symptoms and that is your body's warning sign. It could even be stress triggered arthritis. Do NOT take a chance. You do not want to compromise your mobility.

Get a leg up on this (<< intended ) and see the Doctor.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I usually don't do good things for others, but tonight I gave a homeless guy $5.
    prhoshay and Baby's Breath like this.

When I was in my twenties I gave an old homeless woman who was napping some money. She smiled and said thank you. She lookedvery innocent. These days when I see homeless people I worry that they are dangerous. I wonder if they have hurt people.

That is nice Johnny. You wanted him to feel better.
    You can do it!

It would make an interesting short story to imagine what that $5 might have meant to him.

My youngest daughter (the chef) just moved to Boston, got a good job, but takes public transportation in the wee hours when she gets off work, which worries me. Her older sister (pilot) sent me messages on e-mail AND Facebook that she needed her sister's address "urgently". This was at 3:45 a.m. on Friday. Then neither one of them answered multiple phone calls or messages for the next TWO DAYS!!!. I was getting a little frantic. Chef daughter called at 1:30 a.m. (!!!!!) this morning to say everything was ok. Her phone died and she had to order another one. Explained that her older sister needed a pair of pilot pants she had taken accidentally during the move - which is why she needed the address. Older daughter called this morning in response to the bolded swears in my most recent message () and asked what was up. I explained and then she said she didn't need a lecture and hung up on me.
    WHY DID I HAVE KIDS?
    cablejockey likes this.
    Count your blessings!

We took 5 huge tins of coffee to our homeless shelter this week, they sure go though it .They serve coffee with all three meals. I don't give individuals money( we give to the shelter) but I did buy a sandwich for a homeless man, and as I walked away he threw it away. He wanted money for liquor , that's what he said. Funny thing, we have a homeless gentleman that looks like Father Christmas, he is a big man, pushes a cart with so much rubbish in it, including a bike that has flat tires. I walked by him and he nodded, then his phone rang. He has a very very nice IPhone LOL - that whole picture of him chatting away with his carts in tow made me LOL. I often wonder where he sleeps, the shelter doesn't allow carts , they take up too much room, and his is like mount Everest. I know they are very territorial about what's in their carts etc. My brother called the police once, because his little make shift shelter( a condemned building) had been vandalized. He said I got busted when I broke into a home, - - well this was my home. The policeman couldn't keep a straight face, but proceeded with his complaint.

Good for you Johnny K. I hope the guy got food with it..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Homeless people can be quite the conundrum. There is nothing simple in the equation. Sometimes, you do things just because you do. We have to accept that once that money leaves our hands, we have no further control over what happens to it; they do not require our approval, as irritating as that may be. People are homeless for varied reasons. Some would not be UNhomeless for love nor money. I'll give a person money every so often, but it's not with regularity. A man approached me at a gas station, saying that his car had run out of gas and he had no money; I just decided to go with my gut and gave him $5 since anything under that wouldn't even buy 1 gallon. Afterward, I looked around and didn't see a disabled vehicle, but I had to let that skepticism go. $5 is not going to make or break me, one way or the other, just in case he was legit. I got over it pretty quickly. Oh well.....
    Hyper likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread