+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6462Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I can't remember the last time I've taken an antibiotic. I hate pills. I seldom get sick....knock on wood. My doctor knows that if she sees me, I am grouchy about being there, even for a regular check-up. I have accepted that one should get "regular maintenance", like your car, for best results. I do have regular meds that I am prescribed, and I am compliant. On a rare occasion, I'm just not in the mood to take one or two of them, so I won't....then I have a little talk with myself and get back on track the next day. Luckily, I do not have the curse of diabetes. I just might not make it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    All the grocer stores here have containers of wet wipes at the entrance so you can clean off the cart before you use it.

I try to be careful about touching things, especially during cold and flu season, but I try not to use too many antibacterial products. The proliferation of them is leading to "super bugs" that are resistant to them. If you just wash your hand thoroughly with regular soap and warm/hot water, you're fine.

I always have hand sanitizer in my purse and car in case of emergencies, but I prefer not to use it. I also have baby wipes in the car - sample size packets so they don't take up much room - in case of spills or dirty hands at the gas station.

I never get the flu shot. I haven't had the flu in about a dozen years and before that I hadn't had it since the 5th grade. The fact that I work from home does tend to limit my exposure to sickies.
    We have them in our stores as well. Quite often they run out, and I am not waiting around for them to refill them. I think when you are in your 60's,( as I am) recovery time is different.
    The other thing we do, has to do with a plane, we wipe down our area, the trays are never clean, even in club class, so I wipe them all down. I don't think we have ever gotten a bug on a plane, I take vitamin c and Echinacea before our trip though. .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I will say that that having Type I diabetes makes you look at most everything a little differently. I sometimes long for the days when I didn't have to deal with it everyday, but I never say why me. I've never felt that way. My great aunt was also a Type I and a great role model. I never heard her complain even once. And there were few advances in diabetic care and treatment in her day.

Switching gears. I just found out that I can keep the HBO, Cinemax and Showtime in the Wrap Up plan for $18.00 per month (In addition to the regular service.) OR drop HBO and Cinemax and just keep Showtime for $15.00 per month!!! lol I'm thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Ellen, your Kaiser people are LOUSY.
    I can't disagree with that!
    (As they say in their multi-million $$$ ads: "Thrive")
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

So I have learned more now that I do not enjoy watching movies with other people, especially if it's people that are not my family. The focus and enjoyment in those situations is taken away.

I am 48. A little over a week ago I started feeling pains in the small bones of both my feet. And my right foot had minor swelling on top below the toes. I have had a very crappy diet. Never have had pains before. I am trying to add fruit back to the diet. At first I thought I sprained something. In middle of last divorce stuff so I do not really want to go to the doctor. I started walking yesterday morning in case that is what I needed. I walked one mile fine. I wonder if this is like carpal tunnel of the feet (I had it in my hands and that went away) or arthritis starting.
    You can do it!

I think diet and exercise are a good start, but don't dig in about not going to a doctor if those don't help!! The last thing you want is to lose your mobility.
    Count your blessings!

Liz, Liz, Liz....what am I going to do with you?? Dear Heart, pain is the body's way of telling us that something is wrong; it's our body's way of trying to take care of us. If it's enough to command your attention and it lasts, it's enough to see your doctor about. Does anything make it better? Does anything make it worse? If there was ever a time to take care of yourself, this is it! The body is a wondrous thing. We just need to try to work with it.
    Lizard likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    I am 48. A little over a week ago I started feeling pains in the small bones of both my feet. And my right foot had minor swelling on top below the toes. I have had a very crappy diet. Never have had pains before. I am trying to add fruit back to the diet. At first I thought I sprained something. In middle of last divorce stuff so I do not really want to go to the doctor. I started walking yesterday morning in case that is what I needed. I walked one mile fine. I wonder if this is like carpal tunnel of the feet (I had it in my hands and that went away) or arthritis starting.
    Oh my. I would check out what's going on with your feet. Save yourself future problems. I regret that I walked without proper support for excercise one time and it caused me to have plantar facsiitis. It hurts like crazy and can take a year to heal. I still have bouts of it. I now have to be ultra careful with my shoes due to this.

You also may have gout. Your diet can play a part in that. I've never had it, but it causes swelling and pain in the joints, tendons or muslces. It means you have too much uric acid in your system. There are meds for it. I would get it checked out just to make sure what is causing it. Save yourself future pain.

Plantar fasciitis is no joke. The pain when you first get up in the mornings is almost enough to bring tears to your eyes; mine always cleared up after taking a little walk around my bedroom, with a crippled, hobbled gait and then I was good to go. It really cleared up when I got some really good orthotic inserts for my shoes. They cost me an arm and a leg, but they were worth every penny.

+ Reply to Thread