+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5671Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2182125;
    The hard dry ones. I didn't know you could get them in the refrigerator section. What other products are they next to?
    I've seen them in the refrigerated section next to the other pasta products. I had always wondered about them, but I've never used them. It's possible no one else did, either, and they were discontinued.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I just bought some Kraft fat-free Caesar salad dressing and it tastes gross! The best (non homemade) Caesar salad dressing I've eaten was Paul Newman's--his vinegarette-y kind. YUMMO! But I haven't been able to find it since. I tried making the dressing once from a healthy recipe I saw on the food network where you put chicken broth in it--tasted horrible--like soup (even though I put anchovy paste in it) instead of dressing.

The husband and I have gotten on a health kick of sorts (what a horrible time to start! Right before all the Christmas cookies!). It's been a rough few months and we're hoping to go someplace warm this winter and relax. Anyhow, on a totally vapid note, we've both been neglecting the treadmill...so...we're attempting to eat healthier and exercise. Not sure if we'll try the baby thing again, but if we do, I want to be as healthy as possible (for my sake and the baby's).

And I want to look good in a bathing suit!

And UnkleScott, I'm with you--I cave in and get the two-pack of Ho-Ho's or Ding Dongs on occassion. I can't stop myself!

Sugar free Cool Whip is tasty? This is good to know...I have a soft spot (literally) for Cool Whip!

Quote Originally Posted by Vonna;2182043;
    Back in the "old days" when I was a kid -- I think it was Chef Boyardee had a pizza kit in a box--yes in a box. You added water to the powder and rolled out the dough and there was a can of sauce and we'd sprinkle the cheese on--mmm Now it didn't taste anything like real pizza, but I loved it ????? By the way, my mom was lacking in culinary skills...

I also love avacados---if they're cheap, I will eat two at a time

I remember that pizza kit from Chef Boyardee, we tried it once my mom said too much mess, call Marias pizza across the street from now on. I did make one when I was on my own, however after the second one I went my moms route and now all i eat are delivered pizzas.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD
    When I was on weight watchers, I would take a chocolate graham cracker. Break it in half, put cool whip on one side, top with other cracker. Wrap and freeze. VIOLA! Ice cream sandwiches. I think it was about 3 points a "sandwich". And they were good.

Frozen cookie dough is better though!

I remember those box pizzas. I think we only did one too as they were gross and not enough stuff to put on them.
    I grew up eating spagettios and beanie weinies and to this day, spagetti and hot dogs are my least favorite foods. Hmm, wonder why? I also am not a huge fan of PB&J and I didn't eat fish until I was married and found out it came in another shape than a stick!

My mom and grandmother were great cooks, but for convenience and when they had something I didn't like. I got to eat canned spagettios, fish sticks and beanie wienies. And this was sent in my lunch box too. My grandmother had this "soup" thermous and therefore, I got to take them to school too! What a thrill back then. GAG me now!

Although with Bush's many flavors of baked beans now, I have to admit having a little love affair with their Boston Baked Beans a few months ago.

What happened to the Jif chocolate peanut butter? It came out about 5 years ago. I ate enough to sink the Titanic, got tired of it and now its disappeared. I loved that stuff! Put it on a Nilla wafter and it was like eating a reeses almost.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2182582;
    What happened to the Jif chocolate peanut butter? It came out about 5 years ago. I ate enough to sink the Titanic, got tired of it and now its disappeared. I loved that stuff! Put it on a Nilla wafter and it was like eating a reeses almost.
    You answered your own question - you were the only one buying it and when you quit, they wondered where their business went and stopped making it Actually I never heard of the chocolate peanut butter. Maybe they only tried it out in certain areas.

A peeve of mine is when I see a commercial for a new product and want to try it but nobody in my area has it yet. I loved those Saran Wrap disposable cutting board sheets but they've been discontinued.

MRD
    Since we've been talking about food. I thought I would post these very handy tips that will help you out greatly in the next few days.

HOLIDAY EATING TIPS!

1. Avoid carrot sticks. Anyone who puts carrots on a holiday buffet table
    knows nothing of the Christmas spirit. In fact, if you see carrots, leave
    immediately. Go next door, where they're serving rum balls.

2. Drink as much eggnog as you can. And quickly. Like fine single-malt
    scotch, it's rare. In fact, it's even rarer than single-malt scotch. You
    can't find it any other time of year but now. So drink up! Who cares
    that it has 10,000 calories in every sip? It's not as if you're going to
    turn into an eggnog-alcoholic or something. It's a treat. Enjoy it. Have one
    for me. Have two. It's later than you think. It's Christmas!

3. If something comes with gravy, use it. That's the whole point of
    gravy. Gravy does not stand alone. Pour it on. Make a volcano out of your
    mashed potatoes. Fill it with gravy. Eat the volcano. Repeat.

4. As for mashed potatoes, always ask if they're made with skim milk or
    whole milk. If it's skim, pass. Why bother? It's like buying a sports
    car with an automatic transmission.

5. Do not have a snack before going to a party in an effort to control
    your eating. The whole point of going to a Christmas party is to eat other
    people's food for free. Lots of it. Hello?

6. Under no circumstances should you exercise between now and New Year's.
    You can do that in January when you have nothing else to do. This is the
    time for long naps, which you'll need after circling the buffet table
    while carrying a 10-pound plate of food and that vat of eggnog.

7. If you come across something really good at a buffet table, like
    frosted Christmas cookies in the shape and size of Santa, position yourself
    near them and don't budge. Have as many as you can before becoming the center
    of attention. They're like a beautiful pair of shoes. If you leave them
    behind, you're never going to see them again.

8. Same for pies. Apple. Pumpkin. Mincemeat. Have a slice of each. Or
    if you don't like mincemeat, have two apples and one pumpkin. Always have
    three. When else do you get to have more than one dessert? Labor Day?

9. Did someone mention fruitcake? Granted, it's loaded with the mandatory
    celebratory calories, but avoid it at all cost. I mean, have some
    standards.

10. One final tip: If you don't feel terrible when you leave the party or
    get up from the table, you haven't been paying attention. Re-read tips;
    start over, but hurry, January is just around the corner. Remember this
    motto to live by:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
    safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
    sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly
    used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Have a GREAT Holiday Season!

MRD
    Sorry for the double post, but question time again.

I met someone here a couple months ago. She and I seemed to hit it off well. We had stuff in common. Kids the same age and they go to our church. However, as I have gotten to know her better, I now realize that its almost a chore to be around her. We are not as compatible as I thought. In fact, I feel like I have to change how I really am to be around her and I hate that. Accept me for me or not at all.

I don't know what to do now. I see them weekly at church and she calls and invites me to do stuff. But she is also kind of a drag.

They don't drink, she doesn't cuss or smoke. (I do drink, not a lot, but some and no our church does not forbid drinking. I think we have more members because we don't have a stand on drinking like some churches do) and I have to censor myself. No I don't have a potty mouth, but there are just times when a good curse word is the only thing that will do in a certain situation. In fact, they are downright healing and I don't mean that it makes you feel better to yell "@$**@" idiots in traffic, but a certain word repeated about 12 times will actually take away the pain when you stub your toe on the coffee table. So it does have healing properties. But I digress (see, I do have a vocabulary for those of you that think cussing is a sign of a poor vocabulary. )

Anyway, she's nice. She's really nice. Too nice. I need a friend I can be myself with and this one is not it. I find myself almost having to put on an act because when I've been myself, she has commented on it like its a bad thing. (I don't know. Maybe it is, but it hasn't seemed to bother my other friends in my lifetime)

So now, how do I extricate myself from this situation? Apparantly I can only be so nice for limited amounts of time.

Actually what it is is that I do have kind of a sarcastic and twisted sense of humor. I can find humor in anything and I usually speak my mind as well and I have found that she has no sense of humor and is shocked when I speak my mind. She is my age and seems to have really lived a sheltered life up until this point.

I of course don't want to hurt her feelings. But its no longer fun to do stuff with her. It's almost like when your parents made you go when they took great aunt helen somewhere and you had to be on your best behavior and wear your sunday best. She saw me in a Grateful Dead shirt one day and I could tell she was quite shocked. She listens to Barry Manilow, she told me.
    I will really blow her away if I wear my one Rolling STones shirt around her. It's one of the more outrageous tongue shirts and I have not worn it at all since we moved here as I know I won't get a good reaction anywhere.

So any advice?

rosiedog, keep being yourself instead of what she would prefer you to be, and she'll be the one to extricate herself and to hell with what she thinks. If she has a negative opinion of who you actually are based on an occasional cocktail/expletive then she's not quite as nice as you think she is.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I agree. I think the best thing is to just be yourself. If she doesn't like you the way you are, then it's her loss.

So now, how do I extricate myself from this situation? Apparantly I can only be so nice for limited amounts of time.
    I agree, just be yourself. and if she makes comments, comment back that this is who you are.
    if she really doesn't like it, she will stop wanting to be around you and then your problem is solved.
    *just don't take it personal if she stops asking to be around - this is what you want.

+ Reply to Thread