+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 2500 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930701205201020 ... LastLast
Like Tree6765Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    I need to be independently wealthy so I can not work, not clean and take fencing, pool and ballroom dancing lessons.
    I hear ya! Add a full-time personal cook to my list! I get so sick of cooking sometimes and would love to have someone make me delicious (and healthy) food whenever I feel like it! That lucky Oprah...

Anabananna: Little Elliot is earning his keep and keeping Mr. Bananna happy? Try to post a pic so we can gush, ok? The kitty, not the husband.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    ... I need to be independently wealthy so I can not work, not clean and take fencing, pool and ballroom dancing lessons.
    Ah yes! I'm way ahead of you...I took 3 years ballroom dancing, my two sisters each have a pool table that I could probably play on, and fencing...I stained them all last summer!

And I love the full-time cook idea, LoisLane
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Fogey
    Over in the "Good News" thread there was talk about the old Chiffon Margarine advertisement that showed Mother Nature saying, "It's not nice to fool Mother Nature."

See the Chiffon-Mother Nature Ad HERE

I found it on the Internet so that I (and any other interested old people) could take a walk down memory lane.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    [B]Ah yes! I'm way ahead of you...I took 3 years ballroom dancing, my two sisters each have a pool table that I could probably play on, and fencing...I stained them all last summer!

And I love the full-time cook idea, LoisLane

Eeee heee heee! VERY Clever...

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac View Post
    Over in the "Good News" thread there was talk about the old Chiffon Margarine advertisement that showed Mother Nature saying, "It's not nice to fool Mother Nature."

See the Chiffon-Mother Nature Ad HERE

I found it on the Internet so that I (and any other interested old people) could take a walk down memory lane.

Thanks for that walk down memory lane Pom! I loved those commercials.

MRD
    Miss Kitty, you crack me up with your fencing!!!!

So do tell about the Ballroom dancing lessons. Was it fun? Did you have to buy special shoes? Do you still go dancing?

This is something I have always wanted to do. My parents were wonderful dancers and that is a fond memory I have of seeing them dance quite often. They were so good together that often they cleared the floor and had everyone watching them and applauding. Alas, neither one taught me a single step.

-------------------
    I can't believe I said "alas".
    Since seeing Pirates of the Caribbean on Fri. I have lapsed into talking like the movie, aye matie? Do you savvy??
    And I let my daughter put some braids in my hair with beads and feathers a la Captain Jack Sparrow. They will come out tonight, but she had fun and it was fun to share that with her, but its bugged the crap out of me, I don't know how people do their entire heads. Just having a couple is driving me buggy.
    Last edited by MRD; 07-09-2006 at 08:15 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

updated a bit more - added lighter drapes in between the dark ones and changed up the hardware holding them up as well as valances and pull backs. It was my birthday present to myself. - thanks for letting me share.

very nice PGm it opens up the wall
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

PGM35: What a cozy looking room! You did a very nice job

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    ...So do tell about the Ballroom dancing lessons. Was it fun? Did you have to buy special shoes? Do you still go dancing?..
    It was great fun and fabulous exercise. We did have special shoes that we bought. I always loved dancing. The problem was, at the time, there weren't enough boys taking classes. So my partner was my twin sinister. She only knows the boys part now and always wants to lead or start on the wrong foot for a girl. Now that ballroom and salsa and such is becoming popular again, I really miss it. My sweetie doesn't know how to dance and doesn't care to learn. So I haven't been dancing in a very long while. I would encourage anyone to learn.

Going to put some braids with beads and feathers in my hair. Haven't seen the movie yet. Maybe the kitties will think I'm a bird and attack me...
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    PGM35: What a cozy looking room! You did a very nice job

It was great fun and fabulous exercise. We did have special shoes that we bought. I always loved dancing. The problem was, at the time, there weren't enough boys taking classes. So my partner was my twin sinister. She only knows the boys part now and always wants to lead or start on the wrong foot for a girl. Now that ballroom and salsa and such is becoming popular again, I really miss it. My sweetie doesn't know how to dance and doesn't care to learn. So I haven't been dancing in a very long while. I would encourage anyone to learn.

Going to put some braids with beads and feathers in my hair. Haven't seen the movie yet. Maybe the kitties will think I'm a bird and attack me...
    Sounds fun. My husband doesn't dance, but he said he might take lessons after watching Dancing with the Stars with me.
    I love to dance and don't get to dance very often. But I don't ballroom dance. I can do the Hustle and the jitterbug (a very little bit), but mostly its just dancing to a good rock band at a club we like, but usually with other friends as hubby will NOT get up and dance.

Glad to have a partner with beads, braids and feathers. We can start a trend!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread