+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2459 FirstFirst 123456789101112521025021002 ... LastLast
Like Tree6258Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

nlmcp - I love Kohl's store. We have one here, too. Love their jewelry department.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Raincoats for the kids girls! Dollar store has them two to a bag- little balled up plastic raincoats. I discovered them after my boys lost their 25th not so cheap raincoat!
    Go Tigers!

MRD
    And here I thought I was the only one that could go to the $1 store and spend $40.
    My daughter loved it when she was little. We'd giver her a couple bucks and say: you can have ANYTHING in the store!!!

I like yardsaling too, but my problem now is I am trying to get rid of junk not bring more in although hubby bought an old steamer trunk last week in great shape and it even has travel stickers on it. We are going to use it for a coffee table.

Currently tho, we are cleaning out and gathering stuff to sell before we move.

I get great seasonal decorations at the Dollar Tree and General Dollar too. I love to decorate for all the holidays and I can do it on the cheap side with those stores. Great stocking stuffers too.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    Great idea John.

At least this one isn't my fault.
    Well I'll gladly take the blame on this one, at least we got a place to chat that isn't restricted to one theme. Our very own "View" - great idea Snoopy.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey
    Thanks for the new thread, John!!

Out in here in the Boston area (and in Denver, too, which I left) we have the FAMILY DOLLAR chain, and it's got decent stuff, but not all of it is priced for just a measly dollar.

We have another chain called BUCK A BOOK and that's a great place 'cause many of their books truly are just a dollar. I've found great things there.

Out in Denver we had BIG LOTS and I sure do miss that place 'cause it was great for stuff like glass ware, cleaning supplies, etc. Big Lots isn't an official "dollar" store but it was definitely low cost.

I guess the equivalent here in Boston is BUILDING 19. It's a family-owned business that's been around for decades and their slogan is, "Good Stuff Cheap."

I am a big fan of "dollar stores" 'cause I love to save money on the basics and I'm not fussy at all. I love nice, good-quality things and I don't mind paying top dollar when it's appropriate, but I'm a wicked big fan of these "dollar stores" 'cause for the day-to-day kind of things they're fantastic.

We have a Big Lots but I haven't been in it lately. I see commercials for Kohl's all the time but it's in the next state over. I love the dollar stores and like myrosiedog, I also get seasonal stuff there. I got some cute pillow covers with dogs and cats on them. Of course the cat has pricked them up with his claws though.

I keep meaning to catch the yard sales but haven't yet. Maybe next weekend. I don't have anyone to go with and it's not as fun when you're alone. Hubby won't go, sis in laws won't go, and mother in law is out of state now and she was the one who would go with me. I guess the upside is I won't be competeing with family for the bargains!

Our Big Lots store has the cutest Christmas tree ornaments for just a dollar or two at Christmas time. They have the old-fashioned wooden ones.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Great idea! Thanks John.

I love the Dollar Tree, Dollar General, and Family Dollar. We also have a Big Lots 30 miles away. I don't get there much but I always try to go on the big holidays for decorations.

I took my Mother to Dollar Tree x-mas before last. She has 5 teenage grandaughters and she put together a bath and body bag for each of them and spend $45. We have teased her ever since that she is the only person we know that could spend that much at the dollar store. I'll have to tell her she is not alone anymore.

Big Lots used to be Odd Lots where I grew up. Then it changed to Big and Odd Lots and then Big and Small Lots. Now I think its just Big Lots. Does anyone else remember this?
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    Big Lots used to be Odd Lots where I grew up. Then it changed to Big and Odd Lots and then Big and Small Lots. Now I think its just Big Lots. Does anyone else remember this?
    They're based here in Columbus Star and you are correct. Started out as Odd Lots, then became Big Lots in certain markets as the Odd Lots name was already in use in those markets. Switched to Big Lots nationwide.

Thanks Unk. I tell people that and they think I'm nuts. I just remember weird things like that.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread