+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5837Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I don't get the flu shot .Honestly the people that had the flu where I volunteer, all got the flu shot..its so hit and miss. I suppose I should get it this year..its free,
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

If you get the flu AFTER getting the flu shot, you were on your way to getting sick, anyway. Make sure you know the difference between the flu and an actual cold. Most people call anything/everything flu.....and MAKE SURE YOU FREQUENTLY WASH YOUR HANDS AND KEEP THEM AWAY FROM YOUR NOSE AND EYES.
    Mucho important!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 09-12-2013 at 12:11 AM.
    Ellen and cablejockey like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    If you get the flu AFTER getting the flu shot, you were on your way to getting sick, anyway. Make sure you know the difference between the flu and an actual cold. Most people call anything/everything flu.....and MAKE SURE YOU FREQUENTLY WASH YOUR HANDS AND KEEP THEM AWAY FROM YOUR NOSE AND EYES.
    Mucho important!
    I just hate the thought of what's in the shot, in my body .I am so scared( not of the injection) that I will have a reaction
    -Andy Rooney-

It is a killed virus....nothing active. As some of my country friends would say....it's done dead!
    Ellen likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

It is a killed virus....nothing active. As some of my country friends would say....it's done dead!
    I know, I just hate anything foreign like that in my body .It rejects the lowest dosage of any pill ( sigh)
    -Andy Rooney-

FM You need to just ask your doctor's opinion as to whether the benefits outweigh the risks for you.

I take some meds ... and I am going to ask the doctor next month if I can just start by cutting it all in half. I have a really low need/tolerance for anything.
    I usually only need half as much as recommended of most meds.

Heck ... I told the vet I don't want my little dog on a bunch of meds if possible ... and I started to think ... maybe I should take the same approach toward myself.

Back to the flu shot ..my friend didn't get one for years because she's allergic to eggs. The last couple of of years the doc told her to get one anyway ... and she ended up getting some sort of cold or flu.

So ... use your discretion and your doctor's advice to make a decision ... and take preventative measures either way.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

This laptop is working my nerves. What is the deal with, while in the middle of writing something, you can look up and find that your cursor has moved to a previous location? Where can I find autocorrect? This stupid machine has a mind of its own. It's not as "reliable" as my desktop. Why does it have to be so "assy"? The convenience is second to none, UNTIL......
    Is your trackpad set on "tap to touch" or whatever it is called? Where you tap instead of click? That might be why you are having those issues.

No. I've not installed that program. It just seems to have its own mind. Not only will the cursor move backward and start inserting whatever I am typing, but I can also lose a full sentence, if not more. I hate it. This is bs.

I've also had problems with it sending out my email before I hit send, maybe in the middle of a sentence. There's no way to retrieve the sent email. Luckily, it's never been anything bad!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 09-12-2013 at 07:38 AM.
    Debb70 likes this.

Mucho important!
    The people I knew that got the flu( in bed for several days) had their shots in Oct and got the flu in Feb/March . So I don't think they were getting the flu in October.
    Echo I will ask my doctor, she said I should 8 years ago, and I never did .But I am older now ( sigh)
    -Andy Rooney-

Unfortunately, ALL flus are not covered in "the flu shot". They plan for which flus are most likely to be prevalent that year. That does not mean that you cannot contract an uncovered strain. Different strains require different things; thus it is very important to remember your flu hygiene precautions. And if you do think you're getting or have gotten a flu see your doctor soon, since it may be something different than you think. Staying in bed is not exactly a diagnostic tool.

+ Reply to Thread