+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I've been running around today. I'm disappointed that a craft project I started went downhill very fast. I've abandoned it. I guess not all my ideas are winners. lol I really hate it when I spend about 3 hours looking for the right tools and meterials for a project and then it looks nothing like you thought. Total waste. lol Oh well, back to window treatment ideas.
    If I have a project that doesn't turn out like I had hoped, I take a break from it, and clear my mind's eye. When I return to have a look at a later date, I can look at the project and will see it in a different light. Sometimes it isn't as bad as I thought it was and it can be salvaged.
    Or, it might be better than my original idea. Or, having already gone through the process, I come up with an even better idea.
    I guess what I'm trying to say is take a break, come back later, and see what you think.
    beerbelly likes this.

That is very good advice, inthegarden. That's happened to me, too.
    inthegarden likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Every artist does that. I always took an 'eye break' when working on my art and I think it is also a good lesson in life as well.

All of our ideas aren't winners but...with a little work..they might be!
    Cootie likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I've been told I am mean spirited. How is that. I know I am.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I don't really get anybody responding to me in here anymore. That's fine.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

This laptop is working my nerves. What is the deal with, while in the middle of writing something, you can look up and find that your cursor has moved to a previous location? Where can I find autocorrect? This stupid machine has a mind of its own. It's not as "reliable" as my desktop. Why does it have to be so "assy"? The convenience is second to none, UNTIL......
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My cursor will jump around on me too! It happens right in the middle of a post and is so annoying. I'm not sure what the answer is. Please post if you find out.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I've been told I am mean spirited. How is that. I know I am.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I don't really get anybody responding to me in here anymore. That's fine.
    The definition of "mean spirited" usually means unkind bordering cruel. It isn't right that people throw that term around. If they say that ask them how so?

Why would YOU say you are mean spirited?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Maybe he knows himself better than anybody else does? Sometimes, it just is what it is. With me, it's a case of "when people tell you who they are...believe them." It's not necessarily a bad thing so much as maybe just a fact....not that things may not change later.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

JohnnyK, you don't strike me as the type of guy who sets out to hurt people, so I strongly disagree with that term. To me, you just seem frustrated when things are out of your control. That's not at all unusual for someone your age. With your intellect, and your ability to recall info, you are destined for big things. Try to keep matters in perspective and roll with the punches. Above all, don't let people define you - define yourself.
    cablejockey and echo226 like this.

+ Reply to Thread