+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6941Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Are you all talking about double entendre's ?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Not exactly. To me double entendres are intentional. They are meant to be taken in more than one way. That's fine & I find them amusing.

I'm talking about dolts who take a totally innocent word or statement & turn it into something it's not or never intended to be in order to get some type of their own perverse jollies, either to embarass the person speaking or draw attention to themselves.

For example: Say the sentence "I haven't done that yet." The dolt giggles & says some off color remark about the fact that you said "done", as if referring to sex.
    Or use the work "shampoo". The dolt giggles & says some off color remark about the syllable "poo".
    Or when someone gives you something, use the sentence "just put it right here". The dolt giggles & gives some sexual comment about that innocent expression.

What do you do? Laugh along with the dolt so as to go along with the "joke"? Pretend you didn't hear it & look like a naive idiot? Tell them to shut up & grow up & end up looking like an old stick in the mud beyotch? Give a come back comment that's truly as foul as anything they could come up with, & end up looking like a foul mouthed clod?
    Any way you handle it, it leaves you looking like a bit of a fool & embarassed.

I enjoy a funny dirty joke as much as any normal person does, & laugh about intentional double ententres. But there's a time for it & a time NOT for it.

I'm just sick of people like this & having to pre-analyze everything that I could possibly say, in order to not give the dolts any ammunition.

Rant over.
    Lizard likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Throw them some shade, but don't say anything. The side glance with curled lip... physically turn slightly from them... roll your eyes with an expression that says you're not amused. Don't engage them. That's what they want.
    Lizard likes this.
    Count your blessings!

My inclination is to give back something better ... and it needn't be filth. It's hard in this venue ... but I might say congratulations ... you got to be the sham and the poo! Something like that.

The person is seeking some positive attention and turning it around can thwart their efforts.

Mohandas Gandhi

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

My brain feels like so empty right now. Any opinion I think about expressing comes out in only about five words.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Not exactly. To me double entendres are intentional. They are meant to be taken in more than one way. That's fine & I find them amusing.

I'm talking about dolts who take a totally innocent word or statement & turn it into something it's not or never intended to be in order to get some type of their own perverse jollies, either to embarass the person speaking or draw attention to themselves.

For example: Say the sentence "I haven't done that yet." The dolt giggles & says some off color remark about the fact that you said "done", as if referring to sex.
    Or use the work "shampoo". The dolt giggles & says some off color remark about the syllable "poo".
    Or when someone gives you something, use the sentence "just put it right here". The dolt giggles & gives some sexual comment about that innocent expression.

What do you do? Laugh along with the dolt so as to go along with the "joke"? Pretend you didn't hear it & look like a naive idiot? Tell them to shut up & grow up & end up looking like an old stick in the mud beyotch? Give a come back comment that's truly as foul as anything they could come up with, & end up looking like a foul mouthed clod?
    Any way you handle it, it leaves you looking like a bit of a fool & embarassed.

I enjoy a funny dirty joke as much as any normal person does, & laugh about intentional double ententres. But there's a time for it & a time NOT for it.

I'm just sick of people like this & having to pre-analyze everything that I could possibly say, in order to not give the dolts any ammunition.

Rant over.

I can't believe you actually know and socialize with people like this! I haven't experienced this type of person since I was on my first job. This person, I never laughed at and never stood around and talked with. I acted like he didn't even exist. I've never been one to engage people who drool and give open-mouth grins when they talk.
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I can't believe you actually know and socialize with people like this! I haven't experienced this type of person since I was on my first job. This person, I never laughed at and never stood around and talked with. I acted like he didn't even exist. I've never been one to engage people who drool and give open-mouth grins when they talk.
    So I guess we won't be doing lunch? ^^^^ ^^^^

Mohandas Gandhi

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You can definitely count me out.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Hi everybody! Long time no "see" lol. I hope everybody is doing great! I haven't had much time to post but I read here all the time.

It's a bad news good news kind of day over here.
    I just found out that my niece Nacoma has passed away in Oklahoma. I'm sad to say that I hadn't seen her in a long time. She had chosen a bad path in life and had made the decision to cut her family out of her life. I had reached out many times to her trying to get her to come to Calif. and live with me so I could help her.
    My uncle Bear called me and he sounded like he had no life left, his voice was the saddest thing I've ever heard.
    I'm going out to Oklahoma as soon as my Dr says I can travel.

In other news, I have no more body cast! Never ever again will I have to wear one. I'm doing well with my therapy. I'm pretty much having to learn to walk again but it's coming along. I'm taking more and more steps every day. I'll never be able to walk without a came or walker but being out of this wheelchair is going to be awesome.

I hope you're all doing well. My therapy is now only twice a week instead of every day so I'll be able to come here more often and talk with you guys.

Have a great weekend everybody.
    Last edited by NorwIndian; 09-07-2013 at 07:09 PM.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

Sounds like you're moving on the right track NorwIndian. Thank for keeping us updated.

I'm sorry to hear about your niece. It sucks when family or close friends choose to go down the wrong path & just won't accept the help to straighten out their lives, nomatter how much people try. I've seen this in my own relatives. Your heart breaks not just for them, but for their immediate family & all the pain they endure.
    Your niece is at peace now. Hopefully those that love her can look at things that way rather than at their loss.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread