+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6997Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

If the apology is, indeed, meant than issuing one is in order. If it's not, why waste everyone's time with insincerity. Say what you mean, and mean what you say. It makes your stance perfectly clear.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    If the apology is, indeed, meant than issuing one is in order. If it's not, why waste everyone's time with insincerity. Say what you mean, and mean what you say. It makes your stance perfectly clear.
    I agree ... but if one accidentally says or writes something that is not taken as you meant it (misinterpreted?) ... then a sincere and simple explanation helps.

If mentioned this before ... it's an example that is worth repeating. I wrote in an email to a friend ... "I resent it" meaning I sent it again.
    The recipient wrote back all disturbed and wanted to know what I resented about it and why!

I explained and clarified. That friend has now passed ... and I think of him fondly every time I discuss this so I am NOT sorry if I repeated myself here.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I will apologize if I am truly sorry & did or said something I truly regret. If I don't feel this way, I don't apoligize.
    We all do things that were wrong or a mistake. Sometimes we open our mouths & stupid falls out. That's when an apology is warranted.
    Not because some self important fool wants one, in order to make them feel superior.

I don't hand them out lightly.
    Sometimes when I didn't say or do anything wrong, but someone is a little over sensitive, or takes things wrong, I will say "I'm sorry if your feeling were hurt. That wasn't my intention." That's as good as they get.
    Moonyean likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I say sorry when I know I was wrong, or if someone is super hurt. I say it a lot less than I did.
    prhoshay and Moonyean like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

New topic! Have you ever been, or thought that you've been, stalked to any degree? Not lately, thank goodness, but I've had a couple of creepy experiences that stick with me, to this day. Dr. Phil did a show on this today, which is what made me think about it. One was a guy that I didn't know; the other was a bizarre little guy that I did who was high on drugs ended up beating on my mother's door, butt naked one night, shortly after I had come in from a night out. He was screaming my name at the top of his voice. A man and his wife, who lived a couple of doors down, came home while he was putting on his show, and their car's headlights showed his state of undress; the man, a Viet Nam vet, recognized what was going on and took control of the situation; he had his wife get some of his pants from his house to cover the naked guy. They called the police, who came and took naked guy away. I didn't recognize who it was at the time (I was peeking out from a second story window) but, a couple of days later, I overheard a couple of guys from the neighborhood talking about what had happened and who it was. I knew the name. It was a casual acquaintance; we had gone to dinner and the movies a couple of times, just to hang out and have something to do. He was never anything other than gentlemanly when we went out; never any kissing or anything like that. To this day, he does not know that I was watching his antics. I have not spoken with him since. The last I heard, he was a PREACHER!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

OMG. That is scary. Sounds like that guy might have had some mental health issues. I'm glad you didn't get hurt.
    Lizard likes this.

Re: Talk about your troubles

I don't know if this is considered talking about my troubles or just venting.
    But I'm sick & tired of not being able to carry on a conversation, or make a simple innocent statement, without some a-hole turning everything into something risque or downright sleazy.
    What I want to do is say: "Oh grow up you immature dolt (or dolts)! Haven't you progressed from having the maturity of a 3-14 year old brat-boy." But if I did, it would only egg them on.

It seems like every word or sentence you say can be twisted into something it's not. It just makes me mad.
    Sometimes we just need to carry on a serious conversation.
    Last edited by Critical; 09-06-2013 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Moved from Troubles thread.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

There are crazies out there.
    You can do it!

Remember Carrie had a guy strip down and sing outside her window once on Sex and The City. I can't remember what she did about it.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Talk about your troubles

I hear ya, Miss Scarlet! I hate it when people do that all the time. My friend and I did it when we were in high school to amuse ourselves but then again, we WERE in high school. Once you become mature enough not to be tickled by that kind of thing, you stop leaning so hard on shock value to create humor.

I also have a friend who pretends to misunderstand what I said so she can make a joke of it. It might be funny if someone does that once in a while or if they really do misunderstand what you said but that type of manufactured humor gets tiring when used too frequently.

+ Reply to Thread