Like Tree7285Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

White Chocolate.

& anything.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;2182088;
    White Chocolate.

& anything.
    Schmoo come on over because I just made white chocolate peppermint bark. Am waiting impatiently for it to harden.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2182064;
    Has anyone made lasagne with the noodles you don't have to pre-cook? I've made it a couple of times and I won't go back to boiling them again.
    Are you talking about the hard, dry ones or the soft ones in the refrigerator section?

Quote Originally Posted by ShrinkingViolet;2182095;
    Are you talking about the hard, dry ones or the soft ones in the refrigerator section?
    The hard dry ones. I didn't know you could get them in the refrigerator section. What other products are they next to?

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2181800;
    Frozen Cool Whip is yummy, you should try a scoop of it on top of a steaming mug of hot cocoa.
    I love frozen Cool Whip. I keep a tub on hand so when I crave something sweet, I just grab a spoonful. Not as many calories and cures the sweet need.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2182064;
    Has anyone made lasagne with the noodles you don't have to pre-cook? I've made it a couple of times and I won't go back to boiling them again.
    I use them now. Takes half the work out of making it. I can't tell the difference at all in taste. I didn't know you could buy soft ones, though - I've seen the fresh pasta in my grocery store, but never lasagna noodles.

I admit I have never bought a frozen lasagna (too expensive, I find), but the freezer section is my friend. After getting up at 6, then getting myself and the kids ready, taking them to the sitter, working an 8 1/2 hour day, then picking kids up, getting everyone home by 5:30 (hopefully) - if there's something else that has to be done in the evening (and there soooo often is) then I have no problem breaking out the frozen chicken patties or fish sticks and french fries in a pinch. Plus those are the only food items my husband can be trusted with, though I have been teaching him to use the vegetable steamer.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2182086;
    My husband just reminded me about the guinea pig that sat on the table while we ate dessert. I forgot about him.

I have dogs. My dogs sleep with me which a lot of people find gross. However my dogs are not allowed at the table. On the chairs or on the table. If I had other animals, they would not be allowed on the table.

I don't know, all in all it was a strange evening, not upsetting, but just weird. Takes a lot more than lizards, guinea pigs, a cookie factory and frozen lasagna to upset me. I'm just scratching my head and going "what???"

They were nice to have us over. We did enjoy ourselves. We were VERY appreciative to be invited and I sent her a nice note this morning thanking her.
    But it was just a bit strange as far as some of the things that happened.

I have never entertained this way nor have I (apparantly) been to anyone's house for an evening quite like this. Live and learn. I will be ready for anything from now on.

Back to guilty pleasures. Right now those chocolate oranges are calling my name. Oh my, I love those things.
    And I would give my right arm for more of that Whole Foods 7 layer dip. I swear the stuff is crack!
    I expect that if someone knows how to cook that they cook if they invite me for dinner, not heat up a frozen dinner. Plus I don't expect them to be baking cookies for the neighborhood when I arrive. And even the worse homemade food is better than pre-bought. I guess it's the effort that's put into it. I mean I've had disaster dinner parties when I first started to try to cook, ( forgetting to shell the shrimp, etc, really dumb stuff ) but the point was that some effort was put in to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2181789;
    I'd rather eat a Hostess Cupcake at that point (which tastes pretty darned fake, too!).
    Hey, hey, hey now. Don't be putting down Hostess Cupcakes. :nono
    Ho-Ho's, Ding Dongs, and Zingers are the bomb.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2182169;
    I love frozen Cool Whip. I keep a tub on hand so when I crave something sweet, I just grab a spoonful. Not as many calories and cures the sweet need.
    The new sugar-free Cool Whip is just as good as the regular.

I like it as well, also.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread