+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7195Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I like that they are sold at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. There's that 20% off coupon. They are not inexpensive.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I THINK I saw those pans at Walmart too. You may check online to find the lowest price. I know Ollie's has an As Seen On TV section too.

I have been bargain shopping for the last few months. I regularly check certain stores to find the best deals. Based on the items I have looked at, Marshalls, Ollie's and Big Lots really have the best prices on most things, especially housewares. They are even better on their prices than Walmart. We have a local store named Roses that also has some good deals on certain things. (I found a Ralph Lauren decorative pillow for $5.99!) Of course with these stores, you have limited selection and may not find enough of one item in stock, but if you do, the prices are much lower.

I needed a very long curtain rod for an extra long window. The rods were 3 times the price at Lowe's and even Walmart as compared to Big Lots.
    Last edited by Debb70; 08-31-2013 at 10:11 AM.

I am a huge fan of Big Lots especially for my batteries, as you know! We used to have a Rose's about 20-30 years, and doggone if it has not returned to the area. I was never a big fan of Rose's, back in the day, and don't know if they have improved now. It was dark and not clean looking.

I've learned that you have to be careful with As Seen On TV sections in store because you will, easily end up with a product that is packaged and marked up to look like the true product that you are looking for, and will totally get something else. I hate that kind of dishonesty; isn't that what they call low-balling? The super-lower prices can be the come-on for getting played for a fool, so you've got to be careful. I say know what you are looking for, and read, read, read the package! I have learned that there is green cookware out there passing for Orgreenic.....even being shipped from the telemarketer in the same order as the real thing.

I've had really good luck with As Seen On TV products. So far, I can't ever remember not being satisfied or more than satisfied with a product, but I seldom deal with the telemarketers. I prefer Amazon or in person. Nothing like making Jeff Bezos richer.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Locally TJ Maxx, Marshall's and Home Goods seem best. I always get lost and fed up in Big Lots because it is left like a junk shop because the shoppers throw things around and there is no staff to correct it.

We have tried ordering from TV for a couple of products and the free one isn't really free after they add S and H.

We have paid for special offers ... and never received the product and it is difficult to the point of too much trouble to to follow up. You get a big "run-around".
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I like TJ Maxx and Marshall's but, for some reason, I seldom seem to go there. There's something at the base of that but I don't have a clue as to what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I like TJ Maxx and Marshall's but, for some reason, I seldom seem to go there. There's something at the base of that but I don't have a clue as to what it is.
    For me, I just can't be bothered with the hassle. The description someone had above for Big Lots is the same for TJ Maxx and Marshalls for me. They have really good deals on good stuff, but everything is so messed up and thrown around that I just don't have the patience to go wading through. I also notice the patrons there can be fairly rude - apparently with some people, nobody gets between them and their deals!! I like a good deal as much as the next person, but not at the expense of my common courtesies!!
    AZChristian and Photobabe like this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

The last time I went to Marshalls will be the LAST time I ever go to Marshalls.

I was looking through some blouses and noticed a smell. Someone (I suspect the 5-year-old kid nearby) had defecated on the floor, right in the middle of the aisle. IMO, if a parent loses sight of a kid long enough for the kid to poop in the aisle of a store, that's poor parenting. And if the parent knew that's what the kid was doing and couldn't be bothered to stop shopping long enough to report it or clean it up, that's even worse parenting.
    Ellen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    For me, I just can't be bothered with the hassle. The description someone had above for Big Lots is the same for TJ Maxx and Marshalls for me. They have really good deals on good stuff, but everything is so messed up and thrown around that I just don't have the patience to go wading through. I also notice the patrons there can be fairly rude - apparently with some people, nobody gets between them and their deals!! I like a good deal as much as the next person, but not at the expense of my common courtesies!!
    My Big Lots are fairly decent, and since batteries are pretty much the only things I go there for on any kind of regular basis, I don't have to go any further than the front of the story near the cash registers. It's a really quick trip, in and out! I did buy a really nice, big, lovely artificial Christmas tree there once for only about $50 and I had it for years. It was absolutely beautiful, when decorated. I also used to by my son's yearly school supplies there every year. Fabulous deals.

The stores definitely vary by location. Years ago, I stopped going to Big Lots because of the mess, but they have changed in some of their new stores. It's clean as a pin and very organized. So are the Ollie's and Marshall's.

I hope I didn't get fooled. Yesterday, I bought a 10 inch skillet of the Orgeenic brand at Ollie's. At least that's ,what I thought it was. It was $9.99. I used it this morning for eggs without any oil and it cooked the eggs perfectly. Delicious. No oil. I'm happy! I'll have to find the packaging to make sure it's authentic, but even if it's not, I'm pleased with it.

I bought a 6 and one-half foot tall, prelite Christmas tree from Ollie's last year for $15.!!!!!!!!! They only had one. It wasn't during the season and I didn't want to take it out of the box and check the lights, so I chanced it and waited until Christmas to take it out. It was lovely. I could not have been more pleased. The branches were nice and not cheap looking. In fact, I didn't see any trees when I shopped that looked any better and for a tree that size, they were all priced quite high. Those kind of deals are rare.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    The last time I went to Marshalls will be the LAST time I ever go to Marshalls.

I was looking through some blouses and noticed a smell. Someone (I suspect the 5-year-old kid nearby) had defecated on the floor, right in the middle of the aisle. IMO, if a parent loses sight of a kid long enough for the kid to poop in the aisle of a store, that's poor parenting. And if the parent knew that's what the kid was doing and couldn't be bothered to stop shopping long enough to report it or clean it up, that's even worse parenting.

Well I will definitely watch where I am walking!

As Debb said, it seems the stores vary by location ... also I have not been to Big Lots in a while.

My main complaint with all of them is the limited selections, of course.

Marshall's here are wide-aisled, organized and neat ... and there is usually someone around to answer a question. They also have a lot of well priced shoes/boots

TJ Maxx is tighter and less organized and neat ... but not usually horrible.

HomeGoods is tied in with both Marshall's and TJ Maxx ... and I always like to look there. They have great off-priced items ... but buy it when you see it because if you snooze you lose!

I also do not appreciate that people go in and change out things ... lamp shades from lamp to lamp and things like that and the staff does nothing.

I may go check out my local Big Lots this week.

I don't know what an Ollie's is so maybe we don't have one..
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread