+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6764Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Thanks for asking. The first week was really hard . . . 13 years of being together almost every day ingrains habits that I'm now having to break. Like on Thursday when someone rang the doorbell, my first instinct was to turn around to her dog bed behind my desk and say, "Hey, Sleepyhead . . . why aren't you barking to warn intruders not to mess with your Mommy?"

But now that it's been over a week, I'm not thinking "last week at this time we were . . . "

We should be getting her ashes in another week or so. I'm thinking that will be a hard thing, but I will be so glad to have her back with me.
    The ashes are just the remainder of where prescious Summer used to be. Summer is always in your heart.
    Jamie5632, PGM35 and AZChristian like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

About taking care of your parents...I've overheard my mom and her friends talking, and I will hear them comparing what this one's adult child did for them or that one's adult child did. The same way, we as children, compared what our parent's did for us.
    I think it is cute and funny.
    prhoshay and PGM35 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    About taking care of your parents...I've overheard my mom and her friends talking, and I will hear them comparing what this one's adult child did for them or that one's adult child did. The same way, we as children, compared what our parent's did for us.
    I think it is cute and funny.
    Oh - and my parents compare me and my siblings to each other! I get to hear how so and so sent this or that and so and so hasn't called or sent anything! LOL

And yes, the girl child gets to do the brunt of it. The girl child that lives closest and the girl child that drives and is more independent than her husband/SO. Ugh. Don't get me started on my sisters. LOL or sisters in law...they think they are all that and a bag of chips too but all that do is talk and SAY what they are going to do to help their Parents in Law but they don't lift a finger.

Anyway, yes, my brothers have to be told to do stuff and they will do it but won't volunteer it.

My mom and I got in a huge fight b/c I wouldn't take an EXTRA day of vacation before my vacation when she wanted me to take my dad for his pre-bloodwork for his surgery. I was already going to be going during my vacation but I needed the day to tie up loose ends at work and couldn't leave without notice to them and leave them for a week. And I wasn't told in advance of this extra day. This was 2012 summer - during July 4th week - and it must have been the 3rd or something. She hung up on me. I called back and she refused to answer. So I refused to go. I called my brothers (2 of them) and said, you guys are going to have to handle the pre-op, and op day. Take him, get him there (and her since she doesn't drive), and back home. They stepped up. The day of surgery was my birthday and they called me to wish me a Happy Birthday and I talked to my dad to wish him luck and a good back surgery and it was all good in the end - thank God....but I had "had it"... and of course after the few days, had calmed down and my mom and I got over our "brattiness of a spat".
    inthegarden likes this.

It seems as if some get most all of the responsibility and it stays that way unless you insists otherwise. That's a good point.

I think that others would step up for transportation purposes if necessary, but it's easier to ask family friends, so if I'm not available, that's what my parents do.

I guess there could be demanding or unappreciate parents, but I don't see that with mine. They don't expect much, but when they are treated they are thrilled. People who my parents know from church and from their former jobs, treat them much more than the other kids and grandkids. It's a real shame. I'm not sure why they don't see it that way. I would be embarrassed, but it doesn't seem to bother them at all. There is one other adult child who does a couple of things, but it't not that much in comparison to what he gets in return.

Wouldn't you think that when they walk into the house and see a lovely vase of flowers and ask where they came from and mom says, who gave them to her, aren't they lovely, wouldn't you think they might make a mental note to send or pick her flowers down the road, since she is so happy with them. or if my dad is excited because I took him a magagine on stamps. Wouldn't you think, hey, they are so happy about getting those little gifts. Since they only spend their money on necessecities, let's treat them to something special too, but noooooooooooo. They never do anything. They are even cheap at Christmas and give something super cheap or give nothing. Even though she gives them all a nice gift.

I guess I have to accept it. Would it help for me to say it aloud right to their face? If I thought it would change them, I would do it. But, what would happen is that they would go tell my parents, my parents would feel terrible and be upset with me. And nothing would change. So why bother.

Maybe that's why so many families have blow ups after the parents die. I'll pretend I didn't say that.
    Last edited by Debb70; 08-26-2013 at 06:01 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Why do I think that all the boys complained about were raised to do nothing but be waited on? I could be wrong.

Mu mother died in '87, unfortunately. I'd love to have her still around to spoil! We didn't have any boys with whom to become annoyed.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Why do I think that all the boys complained about were raised to do nothing but be waited on? I could be wrong.

Mu mother died in '87, unfortunately. I'd love to have her still around to spoil! We didn't have any boys with whom to become annoyed.
    Most of the ones I am talking about were boys who were spoiled rotten, handed most of what they wanted on platter and had a huge sense of entitlement. They seemed to marry nice girls, but they exhibit the same selfish behavior. And so do their kids. So, maybe my parents should share the blame for spoiling the boys. lol

So, where's the surprise in their behavior come in? The way they were raised is what they are showing now. That's how it is when you have children.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Siblings.....hmmm I have a few I would like to clank their heads together.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

So as I brought up a while ago, I am a Sims player and fan.

And what I decided to do was create my own Big Brother house in the Sims 2.

It didn't take me too long to create it and I think for the most part, it looks pretty good.

I took pics of all the rooms and stuff and if I can I'll be uploading them to an album here if anybody wants to check it out.

Random question: Have you ever noticed how much people with all this long fake hair stroke, run their fingers through, and keep their hands in their "hair" so much of the time? It's an extensions/weave kind of tendency. It makes me crazy, but really not much of my business! Just a observation.

+ Reply to Thread