+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5855Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

But I bet if she had a legal obligation to pay, the would not have said they would be "appreciative" if she paid them. They would have used all kinds of legal terms like "pursuant to the binding agreement . . . " and "hereto" and "forthwith"; and they would have sent a bill, not a letter with a check. I still think they're fishing, but they have no bait.

:-)
    prhoshay likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    But I bet if she had a legal obligation to pay, the would not have said they would be "appreciative" if she paid them. They would have used all kinds of legal terms like "pursuant to the binding agreement . . . " and "hereto" and "forthwith"; and they would have sent a bill, not a letter with a check. I still think they're fishing, but they have no bait.

:-)
    I do hope you are correct. I am just a worry wart.
    AZChristian likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

"We would be appreciative" to me says, "We can dream, can't we?" I wouldn't let the worry wart run wild until they start threatening to garnish wages. Bottom line is, there wouldn't have been a check if she wasn't entitled to the full amount. There would have been a letter that says, "We have $____ for you, AFTER you sign this release allowing us to withhold 20%."

Trust me . . . they're getting 20% of a lot more than what they've sent prhoshay. They're just greedy and hoping for even more. I often laugh while asking for something and say, "The Bible says 'you have not because you ask not.'" In the case of these lawyers and their request, the still "have not"; as they should.
    prhoshay likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Yep I'm back to normal now.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

And i guess by "normal" I mean, angry and impatient at everything.

But I'll go for my walk soon.

"We would be appreciative" to me says, "We can dream, can't we?" I wouldn't let the worry wart run wild until they start threatening to garnish wages. Bottom line is, there wouldn't have been a check if she wasn't entitled to the full amount. There would have been a letter that says, "We have $____ for you, AFTER you sign this release allowing us to withhold 20%."

Trust me . . . they're getting 20% of a lot more than what they've sent prhoshay. They're just greedy and hoping for even more. I often laugh while asking for something and say, "The Bible says 'you have not because you ask not.'" In the case of these lawyers and their request, the still "have not"; as they should.

I am also thinking they weren't married when former spouse signed the contract. She mentioned it was child support money, to me that says divorce.

I think they sent that hoping she would fall for it and send the money, no questions asked.
    AZChristian likes this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

So, it's August in Arizona. Our air conditioner started blowing hot air. We called the company that installed it, and they sent a guy out. He says there's a solid block of ice in the condenser, so he turned on the HEAT part of the unit to melt the ice. Right.

So . . . as I said above in a post to prhoshay, I'm not a lawyer. But I'm staying in a Holiday Inn Express TONIGHT. Packed up a change of clothes, a bottle of wine, some popcorn and M&Ms. The good thing about being old is we can do whatever we want, and nobody cares. LOL.
    just1paul and PGM35 like this.

So, it's August in Arizona. Our air conditioner started blowing hot air. We called the company that installed it, and they sent a guy out. He says there's a solid block of ice in the condenser, so he turned on the HEAT part of the unit to melt the ice. Right.

So . . . as I said above in a post to prhoshay, I'm not a lawyer. But I'm staying in a Holiday Inn Express TONIGHT. Packed up a change of clothes, a bottle of wine, some popcorn and M&Ms. The good thing about being old is we can do whatever we want, and nobody cares. LOL.
    Do you have kids that are adults?? They care! My folks weren't answering their home phone yesterday. So I finally called their cell phone which they are supposed to have for emergencies. Sometimes they have it and sometimes they don't. Sometimes it's charged and you know... LOL Well they answered and of course, they are at the "game room" which is the slot machines in the neighboring towns which they have told us they are "cutting back" on going to. They are like kids. They can do what they want but someone somewhere cares.

Yep, we have adult kids . . . we could invited ourselves to stay with them, but they live farther away than the hotel, and we decided we'd think of this as an adventure. I put it on Facebook, so they know where we are. We know they care . . . but not about things like M&Ms and popcorn. ;-)
    Ellen, PGM35 and echo226 like this.

Prhoshay, ref. the letter from the attorney's office. I'm not licensed to practice in your state, so it wouldn't be apprpriate for me to give advice, but I would just suggest you have an attorney in your state take a look at it, just to be on the safe side. It sounds like they are trying to recover their percentage as their fee.

SPEAKING OF KIDS WHO CARE:

May I ask how many of you ever do the following; As an adult child, do you ever do little things for your parents, especially aging parents. Like, if you live in the same town, do you ever offer to pick up their medications from the pharmacy for them, bring over a meal after they have had a surgical procedure, send a card or flowers when they are sick, pick up little items you think they may enjoy like bird seed for a dad who likes to feed the birds or candles for a mom who loves candles, or fresh fruit or vegetables for parents who love them?

And if you were an adult child or adult grandchild who FREQUENTLY visited these elderly parents to eat meals and snacks, would you likely EVER bring something with you such as a loaf of bread, a pound of ham or a quart of milk? Or would you NEVER bring anything to help replenish what you and your family consume year after year?

I'm just trying to figure it out.

And if you are the parent with adult children and adult grandchildren, do they ever bring you things or offer to help you? Do they call you and offer to help you after you have had surgery of while you are sick?
    PGM35 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread