+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6989Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I talk a lot to strangers.

In fact I'm relaying information right now that I find lovely and fascinating. GOOGLE Home Page is honoring Claude Debussy's birthday with a lovely 19th century cityscape light show timed in tune to his piece, Clair de Lune. In the moving stereograph, the FULL moon follows. Tonight is a FULL moon. Way to go, Google homepage graphics people.
    Ellen, beerbelly, PGM35 and 3 others like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I guess it's not a bad thing to talk a lot. Most of the people that I noticed are not lonely people (they get out every day and speak to at least 6 people per day) and many of them do work public jobs. They still talk a lot. Even when my mom worked a few months ago, (she taught 2nd grade) she would still talk for hours on the phone when she got home. And she would also talk lots on the weekends.

I have noticed that people in doctor offices, not just the elderly, also talk forever. They are pleasant and friendly, it's just that after awhile, I think it's time to wrap it up. Lots of clients and colleagues also talk alot. There is only one other person in my office who doesn't talk a lot.

To each his own. I do think it's getting more prevalent. I'm more of a chill out person. After dealing with people all day, I like to relax and not have to chat.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

One lady in my office talks pretty much nonstop all day. She's always having people coming and going from her cubicle all day and she has an opinion on everything. I get so tired of hearing her and her friends blab, I want to yell at her to shut up! I'm surprised the supervisor hasn't said anything to her, since her socializing is non-stop and interfering with people who are trying to work, but he doesn't give a flip. Just the other day, he, another supervisor, and the assistant bureau chief were gossiping about a bunch of people in the office, including the bureau chief (who was out of town)!

I hate my job and I hate working with these losers.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I guess it's not a bad thing to talk a lot. Most of the people that I noticed are not lonely people (they get out every day and speak to at least 6 people per day) and many of them do work public jobs. They still talk a lot. Even when my mom worked a few months ago, (she taught 2nd grade) she would still talk for hours on the phone when she got home. And she would also talk lots on the weekends.

I have noticed that people in doctor offices, not just the elderly, also talk forever. They are pleasant and friendly, it's just that after awhile, I think it's time to wrap it up. Lots of clients and colleagues also talk alot. There is only one other person in my office who doesn't talk a lot.

To each his own. I do think it's getting more prevalent. I'm more of a chill out person. After dealing with people all day, I like to relax and not have to chat.
    Maybe its our profession, Debb, because I am with you! I spend all day talking to people so when I get home I just want to chill out. People ask me to call them on the way home and I just don't want to - I want to chill out and listen to some music! With little kids at home, completely chilling out isn't always possible but I notice I have gotten much less social the longer I have worked. I actually hate going out at night!
    beerbelly and inthegarden like this.

Our school district got a grant for all the teachers to get iPads and I got mine today. It will take a lot of getting used to, but I'm looking forward to learning.
    Ellen, beerbelly, PGM35 and 1 others like this.
    Count your blessings!

CCL

Woohoo. There's probably a lot of apps on there you can use for your art classes.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

My work gave me an iPad too! I love it. I'm not in love with all Apple products but this is a good one. Don't tell them but I use it a lot for games...very fun! :flush
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I know a sweet young man who sustained real trauma to his spine, and he loves his iPad. It's given him a touch of normalcy in an otherwise changed lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    I know a sweet young man who sustained real trauma to his spine, and he loves his iPad. It's given him a touch of normalcy in an otherwise changed lifestyle.
    I bet it has!! sorry to hear he had trauma to his spine

I am happy for Gutmutter as well, how cool is that. I would love one, not this year
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Our school district got a grant for all the teachers to get iPads and I got mine today. It will take a lot of getting used to, but I'm looking forward to learning.
    I got one a year and a half ago and while I really shouldn't have spent the money, I have never regretted it! I am going to get one at school this year with my book fair money so that I can do multimedia projects with kids. And I plan to use it for regular teaching information skills. Apps are where it's at...

+ Reply to Thread