+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7195Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I'm home. My honey got me all settled in and is out getting my prescriptions and dinner.
    I got here about an hour ago. I'm thrilled! And I have 2 very happy 4 legged people already back in their spots on the bed with me. I think they missed their mama.

The physical therapist comes on Thursday and we'll go from there.

There is NO place like home! I can sleep all night without somebody waking me up to ask if I need a sleeping pill.
    I'm exhausted. I'll chat with you all soon. Thank you all so much for the encouragement and kind words.
    Jamie5632, Lizard, Cootie and 3 others like this.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

Yay! You're home! I know that will do more to speed your recovery than any physical therapy or drugs. I remember reading once that a purring cat has medicinal value - no kidding! Something about the vibration of the purr. So place your kitty next to your hip and soak up the love from all your fur-babies. I'm so happy for you!
    I'm in the process of organizing my art supply closets at school for the start of classes next week. I'm not a naturally organized person, but it really helps me to at least start the year with things where they should be.
    Count your blessings!

NoirWIndian,
    I'm so glad you're home and now can get some rest. I've never been so tired as I was from laying in a hospital bed for 4 days but not being allowed to sleep. Between the noise and the constant monitoring, I couldn't get 10 minutes of uninterrupted sleep.

Take it easy.

NorWIndian, so glad you're back...let us help you get back into the swing of things with our wonderful stories, well wishes, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    I'm home. My honey got me all settled in and is out getting my prescriptions and dinner.
    I got here about an hour ago. I'm thrilled! And I have 2 very happy 4 legged people already back in their spots on the bed with me. I think they missed their mama.

The physical therapist comes on Thursday and we'll go from there.

There is NO place like home! I can sleep all night without somebody waking me up to ask if I need a sleeping pill.
    I'm exhausted. I'll chat with you all soon. Thank you all so much for the encouragement and kind words.
    I'm glad to hear you made it safely through your surgery and are home recovering now. I was definitely amused when I was catching up on threads this morning and read your first couple of post-surgery posts (definitely nothing to be embarrassed about though)!
    Good luck with your physical therapy!!

NorwindianI am glad they let you go home. I thought perhaps they would insist on some "in patient" therapy first!

Your therapy starts tomorrow ... so work hard. You seem to be ahead of what the docs expect ... so keep on!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Have you ever noticed how much some people talk? It's funny, but recently I have noticed this at various places, even within my family. Don't you get tired of talking in a very active conversation after say an hour? Wouldn't you settle down and stop talking after a full day of visiting and talking almost nonstop? lol I'm serious. I don't know how people have the stamina to talk so much. I guess a lot of people text now as oppose to talking, but I still see a lot of the talking. I'm not sure why I just started noticing this. I wonder why. It's particularly prevalent in the elderly.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've noticed that the elderly usually talk a lot when they are lonely. They will call the police, EMS, various inappropriate responders for the same reasons. It's actually kind of sad.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

As a language teacher/coach (conversation, dialect), I have to talk a lot which I love, because I'm a talker.
    But after a busy work day followed by a job interview I just want to hole up with my iPad and earbuds. And "get lost" in my editing assignment.

I think I talked more, socially, when I had data entry/switchboard work.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I probably have not noticed people talking more ,,, because I'm probably talking myself.

As for the elderly talking a lot, it is because of a changing lifestyle.

They don't have as many friends around, they aren't getting up and out and going to work every da so there is less frequent contact with other humans, some want to share ... or maybe I should say relive through sharing. Personally, I love it. I have been volunteering at Nursing Homes for years ... and it's always interesting because the older people always have the BEST stories ... and many have lived through things we have only read about.
    Ellen and Cootie like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread