+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7133Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I don't have garbage pick up. I have to take mine to the dump.
    Mail, I'm on a rural route so it can come anytime.

The last delivery I had was scheduled for a 3pm- to 6pm window. Thinking I had plenty of time, a went to the grocery store that morning. While at the grocery store, I get a call from the delivery people saying they were on the way at 10 am. What??? I never had that happen before. I had to checkout with only part of my list completed and had to finish up after they left. They had 2 cancellations before mine. I didn't complain, I was happy to get the delivery.

Delivery timing here is always based on how they load the delivery truck.

If they put it in first ... our delivery will be last ... and if they put it in last ... our delivery will be first.

The order that the trucks are loaded are usually for the convenience of the driver and helper if any.

They don't call to tell us of changes. We can track on line ... and sit and hope.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My delivery times have taught me that I should ask the realtor about that when I'm moving into a new home. This mailman friend of mine told me that the mail delivery is like a horse race; somebody has to be last!
    PGM35 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I go to a dump, too. It is really a recycling center. They recycle glass, metal, and plastic in one bin and paper in another. Since I also compost, my actual dump bag is very small - like 1/3 of a white kitchen bag. They also have a "free room" where you can bring things someone could still use and take whatever you find that you want. It's a big Quonset hut. They also have a clothing pick-up bin, construction bin($$$), oil and paint deposit areas, metal scraps. Lots of construction recycling (windows, doors, etc.) It's pretty cool and quite the community gathering place. It's in the town I lived in when I was married and raising my kids, so I see a lot of people I wouldn't normally see otherwise.
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.
    Count your blessings!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

We never know what time the trash truck will come (it's 2:20, and he just went by 10 minutes ago). But our HOA rules say that the can has to be put back in the yard within a couple of hours of pickup. Fair enough.

BUT

There seems to be no rule as to how long before pickup the cans can be taken out. We usually take ours out the night before, right before we go to bed. But we have several neighbors (retired people with nothing to do) who put their cans out on the MORNING of the day before. So heaven forbid your empty can should be out for 2 hours after the truck goes by . . . but your smelly, full can can be out as much as 30 hours.

Shouldn't irk me, but it does.

It's quite an experience getting used to my Waterpik water flosser. I've had it for several days and it's already made a difference in how my teeth feel. Looking forward to the difference I see when I visit my dentist next month. I do see how it can get out of control with the water spray if you don't keep your lips curled around it and lean forward over the sink.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    We never know what time the trash truck will come (it's 2:20, and he just went by 10 minutes ago). But our HOA rules say that the can has to be put back in the yard within a couple of hours of pickup. Fair enough.

BUT

There seems to be no rule as to how long before pickup the cans can be taken out. We usually take ours out the night before, right before we go to bed. But we have several neighbors (retired people with nothing to do) who put their cans out on the MORNING of the day before. So heaven forbid your empty can should be out for 2 hours after the truck goes by . . . but your smelly, full can can be out as much as 30 hours.

Shouldn't irk me, but it does.
    That's partly why we have those summer/winter time ordinances. We don't want to smell them or look at them. The only problem is ar times, critters locate the "good" garbage. I give as much as I can to my neighbor who freezes it and takes it to another state. He has a tree house and a camera set up there to take pictures

It sounds as if you need to go to an HOA meeting and make some suggestions.

B]]IGutmutter[/B] go to a dump, too. It is really a recycling center. They recycle glass, metal, and plastic in one bin and paper in another. Since I also compost, my actual dump bag is very small - like 1/3 of a white kitchen bag. They also have a "free room" where you can bring things someone could still use and take whatever you find that you want. It's a big Quonset hut. They also have a clothing pick-up bin, construction bin($$$), oil and paint deposit areas, metal scraps. Lots of construction recycling (windows, doors, etc.) It's pretty cool and quite the community gathering place. It's in the town I lived in when I was married and raising my kids, so I see a lot of people I wouldn't normally see otherwise.
    IGutmutter I am jealous. Who would think going to the dump would be a fun adventure. It sounds like your dump is more of a Goodwill or Habitat site.
    Fantastic.
    Last edited by echo226; 08-13-2013 at 07:22 PM.

Mohandas Gandhi

I wish we would have gotten word regarding Norwindian. I hope all went well. Her surgeries wre this morning.

They may have her knocked out because I think it was two surgeries. Still praying.

Mohandas Gandhi

I'm sure she'll get word to us as soon as she knows anything. It may be too soon to know how it went. I have a good feeling about her, though. She seems to have a very positive attitude. I'm glad she has joined us here.
    PGM35 and AZChristian like this.
    Count your blessings!

As my mother always said, "No news is good news."

I can't imagine feeling good enough get on the computer for 2 days....easy. She'll get to us when she does. Let's make this about her...not about us.
    Ellen likes this.

+ Reply to Thread