+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7124Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Thank you!
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

I'm ready to leave for the hospital. I already miss my dogs! It's hard to say goodbye to them, they don't understand that I'll be back.
    Thanks to everybody for the support.
    I'll talk to you soon or as my son says....I'll see you on the flip side!

Have a great week everybody.
    Bye!
    Ellen, echo226 and Lizard like this.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

NorwIndian, keeping you in my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    I'm ready to leave for the hospital. I already miss my dogs! It's hard to say goodbye to them, they don't understand that I'll be back.
    Thanks to everybody for the support.
    I'll talk to you soon or as my son says....I'll see you on the flip side!

Have a great week everybody.
    Bye!

We've got your back <---- seriously ... we do ... and keeping you n our thoughts, hearts and prayers.

Keep us posted! I miss you already.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've got a pretty minor beef, but a beef none the less. I am at the tail end of our mail route, which means mail can be delivered as late as 5 pm-6pm....or whenever......and the extreme top of our garbage/recycling collection route. If you don't get the garbage out the night before, you'd better be up by 5 am or wait until the next week. Those situations just rankle me!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I've got a pretty minor beef, but a beef none the less. I am at the tail end of our mail route, which means mail can be delivered as late as 5 pm-6pm....or whenever......and the extreme top of our garbage/recycling collection route. If you don't get the garbage out the night before, you'd better be up by 5 am or wait until the next week. Those situations just rankle me!
    Ugh - I hear you! Can't seem to win huh! I usually hear the garbage trucks and never know if Mike has decide to take the trash out or wait another week for it. GRRR. Sometimes I drag it out myself if it's by 7AM, if not, I miss the boat on that one. Sorry for your pain - and I hate waiting for the mail too. ... or the UPS or the delivery guy in general!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Deliveries are late in the day, too. Today, I'm having to wait for a package, but I also need to go to the grocery store; as much as I hate to go to the store, I really don't need anything to deter me because I need little excuse to put that chore off. This is not a great day. Growl-Grumble!

I didn't find out that my delivery was today until this morning.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

A beef is a beef!

I hate missing garbage day! I recently switched our garbage company and this one specifically told me that our cans needed to be out by 7 am. I am trying hard to remember to just put them out the night before! Our mail always gets delivered by 1 pm, but we do seem to be near the end of the UPS route so those packages get dropped off closer to 5 pm.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm in a similar situation. I work until 5 and with rush-hour traffic, it might be 5:15 by the time I get home. Very often the mail carrier is just coming around then and I have to wait a few minutes for them to drop off my mail so I can retrieve it.

I have to get my garbage out before I leave for work on garbage day because they usually come right around lunchtime. I don't stress if I'm late getting my garbage out, though. I just consider it early for the following week. Since I live in a condo, each unit has a garbage barrel so if mine gets filled during the week, I can easily add a bag to a less full barrel.

It seems like every time I move I end up with a later mail delivery. When I was in high school, we used to get our mail around 2:30 pm. I wonder if they started doing rounds later than they used to so everyone's mail comes in the evening.
    Last edited by pikachu; 08-13-2013 at 03:14 PM.

You can try calling the post office and ask them to rotate or reverse the route. They do that here ... reverse and rotate. Probably because of multiple complaints.

Ours garbage must be out by 6 am. They also occasionally reverse the curbside refuse and recycling collection route.
    Also ... it is three separate trucks ... one for garbage, one for recycling and one for "yard waste".

So as for the refuse and recycling, we just prefer to take it out the night before.
    In the summer after 6 pm and in the winter after 4 pm is legal.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread