+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6538Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2181789;
    That's 'cause you haven't tasted my homemade cakes!
    If I send you my address, can you send me one?
    I'll be happy to judge and let you know how it compares.

but I do love the PF coconut cake. barely thawed.

haven't had one for years.

MRD
    Try Trimune. It's a pill. I got it at Walgreens. I swear every time I have felt a tickle in my throat or a sting in my nose that indicates sickness is on its way. Or if I am around someone who's sick, I pop a trimune tablet and I have not been sick and the tickle and sinus stuff goes away almost overnight.

I am the one that catches EVERYTHING and I have yet to be sick this year. (knock on wood) and I know its that Trimune stuff. Yes, its kind of expensive, but if its working this well for me, its worth it as its saving me money from being sick.

Now I do LOVE me some Pepperidge Farm cookies. Especially the orange Milanos. Basically all the Milanos, but orange is my favorite. And the boxes that have the selection of cookies??? Oh, I will go hide in the closet and eat the whole thing. I have to avoid that aisle in the store or those PF cookies just leap into my cart by themselves!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I have an Entenmann's bakery outlet half a block from my house. I have to be very very disciplined not to go there too often. I'd eat their coffee cakes morning noon and night if there were no consequences.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanda;2181925;
    I have an Entenmann's bakery outlet half a block from my house. I have to be very very disciplined not to go there too often. I'd eat their coffee cakes morning noon and night if there were no consequences.
    I'd be in real trouble if Entenman's was that close to me. Their cheese danish, warmed up in the microwave can make me keel over in sheer bliss.
    Not a big fan of their donuts though, but the coffee cakes are are another guilty pleasure. Their cookies aren't bad either.

I have to say that once you've had a hot Krispy Kreme donut, that nothing else can EVER compare. Sorry Entenmanns.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

When I'm getting sick I start taking Ester-C once an hour and it just vanishes!
    Count your blessings!

MRD....I am not a fan of the Pepperidge Farm cakes.....cookies yes, cakes no!

I could scarf down an entire All Butter French Crumb Cake from Entenmann's in a heartbeat!

We have Dunkin' Donuts up here but about 3 years ago, a lone Krispy Kreme came to town. When it first opened up, police had to direct traffic in the parking lot of the place. I never got around to going there and it has since closed its doors!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I love any coffeecake or Danish with cheese in the middle AND some kind of fruit (raspberry, strawberry etc.)...I eat around the outside to get to the good stuff! Once when I was little, I was doing that and my brother asked if he could have a bite. So I let him and don't you know, he ate the whole middle part with all the cheese and fruit. I wanted to smack him so bad!

I've tried Ester-C and Airborne. They both work great. Airborne has different flavors. Some of them aren't too bad. Not great, but not too bad either. And if it keeps me from getting sick, I'm all for it!

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2181980;
    I've tried Ester-C and Airborne. They both work great. Airborne has different flavors. Some of them aren't too bad. Not great, but not too bad either. And if it keeps me from getting sick, I'm all for it!

Well, I advise against the citrus flavor. I agree, I'll try anything that will banish a cold. I used to use Emergen-C, but while it worked great the first time, after that it didn't seem to work as well, so I'm trying other stuff.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

My piano teacher recommends echinacia to prevent colds, so I checked it out when I was at the grocery store. The next time I saw her, I accused her of trying to kill me The label says to not use it if you're allergic to plants in the daisy or ragweed family. I'm OK with daisies, but I've had enough ragweed woes to last a lifetime.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread