+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I choose never to sleep the night before surgeries, dental or otherwise; I don't believe in worrying about things over which I have no control. I'd rather be as close to knocked out as possible, the day of my procedures. Luck to you, NI.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    My friend goes fishing/boating and for years she has taken along a wide-mouthed covered Margarine container. She says its usable seated or standing.

She can dump it in the lake if she has to.

When my former husband was rehabbing HIS dream house, we moved in with no plumbing. For a toilet, there was a bucket! I endured for as long as I could; before long, I told him I was moving to my mother's until he got his 'ish' together. It was one of the most disgusting experiences I can remember from those early days. He quickly got it together. When I was a grade school child, and I liked hanging out with my horse trainer grandparents on weekends....this was before there was plumbing in the tack houses/rooms.....there was ALSO a bucket with water and disinfectant in it, the lid was folded up newspaper; if you had to go, you went in the room and used the bucket. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER AGAIN. I was teased a lot of my life about being princess.....[B]so be it![/B]

Yes, I will use a female urination device before I subject myself to anything I find disgusting, in that vein, ever again. I am just thankful that there is something out there to tend to my needs, and that a friend of mine knew it existed!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Debb70 - you asked about the hostels. In Ghent, we stayed in a room in a private woman's apartment. We had an upstairs room and private bathroom, and shared the kitchen and backyard with them. She was very nice and helpful with questions. Her boyfriend (while HOT!!!) didn't speak much English. In Amsterdam, our hostel was on a boat. We had bunks, a tiny WC with hilariously small shower and not much else, but there was an outdoor deck and an indoor social room upstairs. Both were in fairly central areas so that was nice. We were able to walk everywhere.
    Ever since I saw the horror movie - Hostel - no way would I ever backpack across Europe or stay in one. :/ Just me.

I haven't seen the movie and I normally steer clear of horror movies. lol

Hostels have come a long way. I think I might try it. It's a really good option to have an affordable and adventurous vacation.

I have heard both bad and good about hostels. A trusting friend of mine left his belongings to go on an adventure ... and when he returned everything was gone and everyone said they knew nothing.

Another friend used hostels all over Poland and said it was wonderful. A variety of food and ample amounts was provided and the locals sort of adopted her.

And Guttmutter's experiences sound almost like B & B's!

I looked at some on line and some sound borderline luxurious, others are designed for those who want nightlife and have organized excursions. Yes ... they seem to have come a long, long way.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

We had a lock on our door. It wasn't communal living.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    I'm getting really nervous. I put the wrong days on my earlier post. I go check into the hospitalMonday afternoon and my surgery is scheduled for Tuesday morning.
    My husband has the next 2 weeks off work but right now I'm by myself and scared to death. I can't stop crying, I'm so nervous.
    This is it, if I can't walk after this, I don't walk.
    My Dr have me a prescription for 6 xanax to take tonight and tomorrow and I've been resisting them but I think I'll have to take one. I won't sleep otherwise.

I'll come by in the morning to say so long. I told my daughter to come and give you an update in a few days.
    I can't believe how scared I am. I've had my share of surgeries the past few months, you'd think I'd be used to it.

I think I'll take a xanax and go over to the animal lovers section and tell Baby, my chihuahuas story to try to get my mind off things for a while. Her story is as sad as Kaylee's.

Thank you all for the support.
    You are going to be just fine! After rehab and therapy ... you will walk and run.

You are smart and I am sure you chose a skilled surgeon and a highly rated hospital.

You have an exceptional support system in your family, (2 and 4-legged) as well as friends.

So far look at how positive things have been.

Please relax and concentrate on resting so you can work hard at your coming physical therapy.

I wish I was in the area so we could go for a walk together! Although, I'd probably drive you crazy babbling all the time.

What time is your surgery on Tuesday? We can put you in the middle of a group hug here.

Use all that nervous energy to move you forward and up.

Soon you'll be coming out of that body cast cocoon and be a butterfly again !

engaged Monday

at the ready for Tuesday
    Last edited by echo226; 08-12-2013 at 01:08 PM.
    Ellen likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    I'm getting really nervous. I put the wrong days on my earlier post. I go check into the hospitalMonday afternoon and my surgery is scheduled for Tuesday morning.
    Good luck with your surgery NorwIndian! Try not to worry. Easier said than done, I know, but the docs know what they're doing!

Echo, my surgery is scheduled for 8 am Tuesday morning. There are usually delays so I figure I'll be in the OR by 9.
    My nerves have settled down a little and now I just want it over with so I can come back home. I have to leave to go checkin in a couple hours.
    The hospital has wireless internet so hopefully I can come on here tonight.

Thank you all. You've all been so nice to me. I can't put into words how very much I appreciate that.
    AZChristian and Debb70 like this.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

Good luck NorwIndian!!! We'll all be thinking of you!

+ Reply to Thread