+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6518Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Thanks 'shay - you have a way of framing things from a different perspective that really helps. .
    She really does!!!!

Go get 'em Gut!

Sometimes when I'm in a rut and find myself sitting at the computer too much or trying to cram all my recorded tv shows into one day which leads to nothing else getting done, I try to focus on one task. If I think of everything I need to do it becomes overwhelming and I wind up doing none of them. Like for instance today, right now I'm sitting here typing when I really need to mow, weedeat, do laundry, change the sheets and empty the dishwasher. I'm exhausted thinking of it all, lol. So I think I'll sign off and go sit on the mower. I can still "rest" but will be doing something productive at the same time. And I like mowing (well, rider mowing), it's relaxing for me.

Hope everyone has a great day!
    Lizard likes this.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I have a Word document on my computer called "TO-DO LIST." It's broken down by days of the week, and I open it every day. Some of the stuff is repetitive ("volunteer at church"), but when I become aware of something that needs to be done, it goes on the list on the day that I plan to do it. I need something to help me focus; otherwise, I can waste a whole day playing Candy Crush and watching Judge Judy. And there's something energizing about being able to delete things off the list as they are done.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Good point! Simplify! It doesn't all have to be done at once. It will all be there when you get around to it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

If I'm really not well physically, then I don't push. Just allow myself to heal, relax, let things go. Everything will be waiting when I feel better.

If I'm just being lazy and unmotivated, then I have a different approach.

I make a "to do" list. Put the task in order that makes sense with little notes that will remind me of things to help save time.

Then I set my alarm to get up early. Getting a fresh start early in the day helps me.

I then get up and get a nice bath. I get in the tub and relax. Then get my coffee some breakfast, pick out comfy shoes, favorite outfit for the job and either am out the door or starting at home on my project by 8:00 a.m. I play upbeat music to keep me motivated and turn off tv. I don't answer the phone as that will disrupt me. I try not to get sidetracked and focus only on my list.

Good luck. I need to do the same thing....soon.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm not a list person. My sister and I my mom both like to have all kinds of lists to schedule their activities but I never took to that. It might help me to plan more but I don't like feeling confined by having a too structured life. I figure that the things that are really important I'll remember right away when they're not done and the rest of the stuff will get done when it's done.

I probably do spend way too much time playing games on Facebook but I enjoy it and it's free entertainment so I'm not going to worry too much about what else I might be missing while I'm on the computer. I do break away from my games once in a while to work on projects around the house and go out with friends.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

Great advice here! I know that my biggest problem is turning on the computer as soon as I get up. I always think I'll just check things out while I have my coffee, but then I'm still sitting here hours later. I don't even do that much... FORT, e-mail, facebook, pinterest - but I keep cycling through them until there are no more updates. I don't play any games, or I'd never get up.
    Maybe I should unplug my laptop at the end of the day and put it away somewhere so that I have to consciously get it out and turn it on.
    Count your blessings!

I don't do my project days a lot. I have those days more in the spring, fall or early December when I'm preparing Christmas decorations or shopping. I don't push myself to get things done the way I used to do. I'm more laid back now. I discovered that no one else really cares about how well my shoes are organized! lol

I do have a yearning to really clean house at times and to purge the house of clutter or packed away boxes.

I'm devoting more and more time to helping with my parents, so I will be having more project days in the future.
    Last edited by Debb70; 08-08-2013 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I'm trying to motivate myself... after returning home from Belgium I was sick, so took some time to sleep, made veggie soup, got caught up here, took it easy to catch back up to this time zone. But a week has gone by and I'm still in slow motion. Not making good food choices, spending too much time on the couch, not getting much done. I only have two more weeks before school starts and I want to get some things done. I know what I have to do - eat right, get a little light exercise in, get off my butt - but knowing and doing it are two different things. What do you do to pull yourself up by your bootstraps when you're in a rut?
    When I'm in a rut, or not feeling up to par & can't seem to kick it, I make a deal with myself. I'll give me 1 full day to do absolutely nothing. Just lie around in sleep clothes, no makeup, barely combed but not set hair. I watch TV, or sleep, or play Sudoku, or hang out on the internet. I eat foods that need little to no preparation or cleanup & don't do what little cleanup there is. Then I sleep more. I do this guilt free.
    Then in payment for this nothing day, I promise myself & force myself to stick with it, to get down to business the next day forward. Get up & dressed & made up, reletively early & GO to whatever needs done.

For me this works.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Let's try this.

Attachment 29306
    Thank You, AZ! That is too, too funny!
    AZChristian likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread