+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7188Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

That's what I'm hoping! Lately I've been taking a lot of naps instead of a full night of sleep. But, oh well it's not like I have anything better to do.

It's weird, anybody I've talked to that has had to take pain medicine says that it knocks them out but it does the exact opposite to me. If I wasn't injured, I could paint the whole house after taking my morphine.
    My body must be backwards.
    Now I'm also on steroids for the week prior to my surgery. That won't help with the sleeping.
    Last edited by NorwIndian; 08-07-2013 at 09:08 PM.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

Norwindian ... It sounds like you had an absolutely fantastic day. I sure hope you can sleep. You need some rest, because your surgery is fast approaching and you know they are going to get you up and on the path to independence pretty quick ... and I know you don't want to be too tired to walk.

With the doctor's approval I would take an half of a pain pill to help me sleep and you are right ... it knocked me out.

Of course, I wasn't taking Morphine ... . and I thank heaven that I didn't have that level of pain. I think what In had was Codeine, but narcotics are depressants not stimulants.

I don't know why you are ... um ... invigorated by your meds, but I don't think you are backwards. You are just not able to be as active as you were previously ... so you are just not tired .
    NorwIndian likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    You'll love this cartoon!
    That cartoon will not come up for me.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay
    There are going to be some real sideshows in the nursing homes, before long! You ladies just make sure you charge enough admission to help pay your bill!
    That's what I was telling all the young'uns with the multiple tattoos ... that they were going to be a spectacle in the nursing home when their tats started sagging.
    and they told me no because in the future ... all the residents would have sagging tats
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

NorwIndian - I LOVED the post about your fun day. It made me so happy to hear you got out with a friend. Spending money (especially gift cards!) is my favorite kind of therapy.
    Count your blessings!

I have trouble sleeping with pain pills too! I've only had to take them a few times, but when I take them, I feel jumpy and nervous. I think I had percoset.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm still not that happy with this laptop experience.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Let's try this.

Capture.jpg

I'm trying to motivate myself... after returning home from Belgium I was sick, so took some time to sleep, made veggie soup, got caught up here, took it easy to catch back up to this time zone. But a week has gone by and I'm still in slow motion. Not making good food choices, spending too much time on the couch, not getting much done. I only have two more weeks before school starts and I want to get some things done. I know what I have to do - eat right, get a little light exercise in, get off my butt - but knowing and doing it are two different things. What do you do to pull yourself up by your bootstraps when you're in a rut?
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Hydrate and give into what your body is telling you!!! If it says "Lay down!".....lay down! Don't try to force what isn't there. Work WITH your body...not against it. If you're still not feeling up to par before school starts, see your doctor! Your complaint is, "I travelled out of the country and, after 'x' amount of days of being back, I just don't feel right."
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Thanks 'shay - you have a way of framing things from a different perspective that really helps.
    I'm going to go make a pot of herbal tea and aim to do a few things today that will clear up my mental clutter... wash the dishes and do the laundry.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread