+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I LOVE stretching and dancing....and NOT tattoos! With all of the trouble I had with eczema throughout my life, very minimal now thank goodness, the last thing I would do to my skin is put something (other than good moisturizer) on it.

There are going to be some real sideshows in the nursing homes, before long! You ladies just make sure you charge enough admission to help pay your bill!
    inthegarden likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Speaking of yoga DVDs, I have this set and I love them!
    Amazon.com: Jennifer Kries' Pilates Method: 3 Dimensional Toning/Precision Pilates/Perfect Mix: Jennifer Kries: Movies & TV

This is a 3 disc set that is kind of a combo of yoga and pilates. Each DVD is broken up into 3 segments, each about 20 minutes long. Some are more yoga-based and some more pilates-based. The segmentation makes it easy to do a short workout or mix and match areas you want to focus on (upper body, lower body, core, etc). The instructor is SUPER flexible, but she does a good job discussing modifications and is encouraging so you don't feel like a loser when you are feeling particularly plank-like (which is me every day)! She also does a fantastic job explaining stances and technique so you can avoid injury. No special pilates equipment is required. She uses a yoga mat and in one segment uses light (3 lb) weights, but when you are doing it for the first time the weights aren't even necessary!

I think it is pretty good for beginners, but it might still be a bit of a challenge for someone recovering from surgery!
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 08-07-2013 at 04:03 PM.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I don't see anything wrong with an adult planning their own birthday party.

Personally, I'm more like NorwIndian in that I don't do a big party for my birthdays because I'm conscious of my time on Earth running out and don't want to celebrate getting one year closer to the end. And partly because I stress about pleasing everyone else and feel like I can't really do just what I want to do. I have to decide who to invite, who does or doesn't get along, who might not be able to afford to go out to eat, who doesn't like what restaurant, etc, etc, etc. Ugh! I do treat myself on my birthday, making sure to get my free drink from Starbucks and usually going to a movie or stopping at a bookstore to get some new books.

As for PGM's friend who's acting cold and distant, I went through that with my best friend in high school and then later with a friend I met while I was taking ballroom dancing lessons. In both cases, I decided that the friendship had run it's course and just let it go. It was no longer worth the stress and hassle of trying to make something work. Admittedly, I am more of a loner and I wish had more close friends in real life. Maybe if I had learned somewhere along the way how to resolve issues with my friends, I might have more close relationships today. Good luck with your situation, PGM!

pikachu, did you ever stop to think that maybe all relationships are not meant to last forever? We grow and we change.; no fault/no foul. To most things, there is a definite season, and that's ok, too. Enjoy the good memories.
    pikachu, Lizard and AZChristian like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    There are going to be some real sideshows in the nursing homes, before long! You ladies just make sure you charge enough admission to help pay your bill!
    You'll love this cartoon!
    beerbelly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    The last time I had a "best friend" she slept with my husband and broke up our family with 3 young children. Now they're married and none of my kids can stand her and, as a result, have little to do with their dad. I will never have a "best friend" again. I enjoy my colleagues during the school year and am part of a women's discussion group that meets Sept. - June. During the summer months I am pretty much a recluse and enjoy every moment of it. I read, enjoy the internet, watch tv, garden, sleep more. I don't know what I'll do when I retire.
    Same thing happened to me Gutmutter. Except my ex didn't end up marrying her and it drove her nuts. She turned into a stalker and made my life miserable for several years. I basically had to disappear from my other life and start over. Now, I'm comfortable and enjoy doing things by myself. I have friends but I doubt I'll ever have a best friend that I confide in. Just my animals.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    You'll love this cartoon!

That's right up there with life imitating art!!
    AZChristian likes this.

I have dear friends that I don't see all that often. We may chat a little, get updates, etc. but not do many things together, but I still consider them of my closest friends. I could call them in a time of need and they would be right there with anything they can do for me and vice versa.

I have a few friends that I have been very close to since I was around 8-10 years old! Our families are close too and we are more like family than friends, but we don't socialize the way we once did. But we're okay with that. We just know how we feel about each other. I think knowing someone for that many years gives you that security.

I wasn't sure if I should put this here or in the Good News section.

I've had a fabulous, fantastic, wonderful, awesome day!!!!
    I'm feeling so good and happy and positive right now, even though I'm worn out!
    I posted yesterday that my oldest friend (since the summer before kindergarten, 44 years) was coming to free me from this house today.
    Terri is the only one besides my husband that can lift me from the wheelchair to the car, etc. We started out going to lunch at my favorite Mexican restaurant. Then we went to my favorite craft store where I have about 6 gift cards to spend. I bought a lot of stuff that I can do from bed. And some fun things to do with my granddaughter next time she comes. I went nuts and bought a LOT of stuff. My favorite thing is, I bought 25 silk Stargazer Lilies (my favorite flower) and a beautiful vase, I got clear stones for the vase. My friend helped me put it together and it's on the table by my bed. It looks beautiful!

After the craft store, she asked how I was feeling and if I wanted to go home, I was tired and hurting but the last thing I wanted to do was go home!
    She pushed me through the mall, it's a nice outside strip mall type thing. I always feel guilty when people have to push me in my chair, but I loved having the sun on my face and feel the air and see people.
    We went to a bookstore and I bought a bunch of books and of course I had to stop at the pet store! I got treats and a toy for Trixie the cat, some soft treats for my Chihuahua for her 17th birthday Friday and treats, toys and a new shedding rake for Kaylee, she needs it bad.

We went all around the mall then got a soda and say by the fountain for a while.
    It was a perfect day. I'm all set up back in the bed and I am worn out but it was sooo worth it.
    I'm going to look through all my stuff, take my pain medicine and get ready for Big Brother!

One of the best parts of the day was that I didn't have to spend a penny! Everything I got was bought with gift cards I've been hoarding. Yay! Free stuff!

I'm so sorry! This was probably very boring to read. I'm just on such a high from my day that I had to share it!
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

Maybe you will be able to sleep well tonight.
    NorwIndian likes this.

+ Reply to Thread