+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6989Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    It is hard to have a birthday party for a child born close to Christmas; everybody is always so busy.
    Busy and broke! My son's parties were mostly family and his closest friends, nobody else wanted to go to a birthday so close to Xmas. He says he has nothing but good memories of his birthdays so I guess I did well.

PGM35, you sound like a very good friend. The bracelet sounds very thoughtful.

I've really enjoyed reading about all of your birthdays.

Lalalalala, I guess I'm the only insomniac here? I've always had trouble sleeping and now some of the medications I'm on make sleep impossible sometimes. I don't even have a regular sleep schedule anymore. I just fall asleep whenever I can.
    It gets very boring at 2am.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

echo - Yoga in any form is a wonderful type of exercise. If you haven't practiced in a while, gentle hatha yoga is a good place to start. Given you have an injury, you should start with a class instead of a DVD because the instructor can help you in your positions to ensure you don't hurt yourself further or push yourself unnecessarily. Also, they can suggest form modifications if you need them. Personally I always got more out of a class because I could never mimic quite the right "mood" and I always worked harder to improve in the class. I tend to not try as hard when doing it at home.

Someday I hope to try Bikram (hot) yoga.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    The last time I had a "best friend" she slept with my husband and broke up our family with 3 young children. Now they're married and none of my kids can stand her and, as a result, have little to do with their dad. I will never have a "best friend" again. I enjoy my colleagues during the school year and am part of a women's discussion group that meets Sept. - June. During the summer months I am pretty much a recluse and enjoy every moment of it. I read, enjoy the internet, watch tv, garden, sleep more. I don't know what I'll do when I retire.
    OMG. That has to be a difficult thing to get through. Sorry your friend was NO real friend Gutmutter. You just never know about people.

I have had friends throw me birthday parties before, but most of the time we would get together and have a ladies' lunch or go out for dinner and dancing as couples. Huge and extended birthday celebrations are not familiar to me either NorwIndian. We do have big celebrations for the biggies like 40 or 50 birthdays. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    A little dragon on the back of my neck... a great place for a little tattoo, by the way. You don't get sick of it and nobody has to know it's there if you don't want them to.
    Mike bought me a tattoo for my 40th and I STILL have not decided what I want to get and where. LOL I just can't decide! I also hear they are addicting and you can't stop at just one. haha - I guess some people are the exception.
    Last edited by PGM35; 08-07-2013 at 11:45 AM.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    Mike bought me a tattoo for my 40th and I STILL have not decided what I want to get and where. LOL I just can't decide! I also hear they are addicted and you can't stop at just one. haha - I guess some people are the exception.
    My first was a Harry Potter tattoo when I was about 60. Earlier this year, I got a Les Mis tattoo. Hubby is now afraid to take me to the movies, for fear that I'll love something enough to have another tat.

We came out of "The Great Gatsby" (which I did not care for), and he looked at me and said, "Well, I guess there won't be a Great Gatsby tattoo, right?" LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    My first was a Harry Potter tattoo when I was about 60. Earlier this year, I got a Les Mis tattoo. Hubby is now afraid to take me to the movies, for fear that I'll love something enough to have another tat.

We came out of "The Great Gatsby" (which I did not care for), and he looked at me and said, "Well, I guess there won't be a Great Gatsby tattoo, right?" LOL.
    Well I go through phases of stuff I like but then again, there are things I'll always love. I debated getting a boxer (the dog) face - I know - I know, silly. But then again, maybe not. It's up to me right?! Then I thought of a longhorn symbol for my alma mater UT and then I go around and around again. haha. maybe one day.
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post

That is funny!

I am way too squeamish for even one tattoo. Needles are not my friends and I presume the process hurts and I have heard they are expensive.

The problem with tattoos is you can't just change it if you get tired of it ... so people just go get another one or two!

A young friend has some paw prints on her foot and calf ... as if a dog had jumped up with muddy feet. It makes me smile ... but does not stir a desire to get some!
    AZChristian likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Thanks for the tips on Yoga. I am going to try it if possible,

Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    echo - Yoga in any form is a wonderful type of exercise. If you haven't practiced in a while, gentle hatha yoga is a good place to start. Given you have an injury, you should start with a class instead of a DVD because the instructor can help you in your positions to ensure you don't hurt yourself further or push yourself unnecessarily. Also, they can suggest form modifications if you need them. Personally I always got more out of a class because I could never mimic quite the right "mood" and I always worked harder to improve in the class. I tend to not try as hard when doing it at home.

Someday I hope to try Bikram (hot) yoga.
    Bikram is great, but man- water water and more water!! .I also took little breaks . One young lady fainted right in front of me, now that scared me
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

There is actually something called gentle yoga ... which is for everybody ... but especially accommodates those with issues that may cause limitations.

I am still looking and I am going to make some calls. This might be a good time to commit before the weather gets wild.

Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread