+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7195Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

I LOVE those awful frozen cakes......
    better than homemade in many cases.

I do too. I love baking from scratch when I have time, but I can scarf down a Pepperidge Farm frozen cake in no time.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

MRD
    OK OK OK!!!!

I give! I'm putting feet in my mouth every way I turn (too bad its not cake!). So I'm going to quit posting about cake and lasagna.

Everyone has different tastes and I do so love some things that would probably make people here go EWWW! So I will stop offending eveyrone and shut up about the frozen cake and lasagna.

My humble apologies to those that like either or both.

So, this leads me to ask: what are you guilty pleasures that you eat that others might balk at? I do admit that while I LOVE a good, expensive cheese like Brie. I also like canned cheese whiz and I don't even need crackers!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2181755;
    So, this leads me to ask: what are you guilty pleasures that you eat that others might balk at?
    Actually, I don't feel remotely guilty about this, but I've gotten the patented, condescending "what an uneducated heathen Philistine" look from my sister over the fact that I'm fine with pancake mix and Birds custard powder, as opposed to making either of these items from scratch. Since I consider them both to be comfort food, part of the whole comfort experience is not spending too much time gathering together ingredients and measuring. When I'm feeling blue, I'm willing to go as far as stirring some powder into some milk and that's it.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;2181739;
    I LOVE those awful frozen cakes......
    better than homemade in many cases.
    That's 'cause you haven't tasted my homemade cakes!

I like pretty much like all cakes, but I don't like the premade ones in the bakery section at the grocery stores 'cause they put so much junk in them that they taste too artificial to me. I'd rather eat a Hostess Cupcake at that point (which tastes pretty darned fake, too!). I love homemade cakes and pies...

It's like the pre-packaged sushi in the stores--it's OK, but it doesn't compare to the sushi at a nice Japanese restaurant (I can't make it at home--I'm too cooking challenged to deal with raw fish without killing everyone!).

OK, now I'm thinking about sushi and chocolate cake and totally drooling...

As for guilty pleasures regarding food... I love homemade fresh whipped cream but I've been known to eat Cool Whip (frozen!!)...that's kind of gross (but tasty on occasion). I've also been known to eat potato chips (only potato chips) for lunch when no one's looking.

Yes, my name is Lois, and I'm secretly at 10-year-old boy trapped in a grown woman's body! HELP ME!!!

Premium Member
    Frozen Cool Whip is yummy, you should try a scoop of it on top of a steaming mug of hot cocoa.

OK, this is kind of gross, but I like potato chips with ranch dressing for a dip!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;2181746;
    I do too. I love baking from scratch when I have time, but I can scarf down a Pepperidge Farm frozen cake in no time.
    I love their white cake with the coconut on the frosting, and it's pretty safe to say it's in my top cakes of all time (and it isn't even chocolate ). I can make one that tastes better, but I can't make one faster or beat the $1.98 price. Plus, it's small enough that if I share it with a few people, it's gone in 2 days and not around for days like a layer cake or a 9X13. Pepperidge Farm rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2181814;
    OK, this is kind of gross, but I like potato chips with ranch dressing for a dip!
    That's not gross -- I dip everything in ranch; fries, chicken fingers, onion rings.

This isn't really on topic, but I'm fighting off a cold and using that Airborne homeopathic stuff, and it is SO. FOUL. It tastes nasty and looks even worse, all yellow like I'm drinking duck poop. I better not still get sick after choking this stuff down every three hours.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy;2181874;
    I'm fighting off a cold and using that Airborne homeopathic stuff, and it is SO. FOUL. It tastes nasty and looks even worse, all yellow like I'm drinking duck poop. I better not still get sick after choking this stuff down every three hours.
    Oh dear! I'm glad you told me this 'cause I have some and was about to take it...but I think I'd throw up if I did....

+ Reply to Thread