+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6257Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I used to be a Jazzercise fanatic. I used to spend some time, with myself, stretching out before class and I would definitely zone out. I would actually break a sweat/glisten while stretching out. I've never done yoga, but I'm sure yoga and I would get along really well. I just would give anything for flexibility. I have the flexibility of a 2X4 plank. Wasn't born with it, and it can't be found, no matter how much I work.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Those sound like great birthdays!
    I feel bad for saying what I said, I never meant that people shouldn't celebrate their birthdays, I just said that I personally have never heard of anybody planning their own birthday parties. I agree that people should celebrate their special day however they want to celebrate.

My son's birthday is 2 days after Xmas. I always took all of the Xmas stuff down on the 26th so there was no trace of xmas on his birthday. I tried to separate the two as much as I could.
    I always made sure I bought all of his birthday presents before I even started my xmas shopping just to make sure he'd have stuff on his day. I wanted his birthdays to feel special and just for him instead of just an extension of Xmas.

Edit: Oshay, that's what I'm worried is happening to my body now. Before my fall, I was able to put my foot behind my head. I'm sure I'm as limber as a plank now too.
    AZChristian likes this.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My son's birthday is 2 days before Christmas. I used to buy him clothes (and he's always loved clothes) for his birthday, and the toys and junk came for his birthday. It is hard to have a birthday party for a child born close to Christmas; everybody is always so busy.
    NorwIndian likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I used to be a Jazzercise fanatic. I used to spend some time, with myself, stretching out before class and I would definitely zone out. I would actually break a sweat/glisten while stretching out. I've never done yoga, but I'm sure yoga and I would get along really well. I just would give anything for flexibility. I have the flexibility of a 2X4 plank. Wasn't born with it, and it can't be found, no matter how much I work.
    I bet you would fall in love with it. Once yoga is in your life, it never leaves. It centers me, and makes me feel calm and strong- when nothing else is calm around me. I have someone I adore that does yoga, she will be 84 this year, and does yoga every day. I met her in a class 12 years ago,

NorwIndian likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Okay all you yoga people. Years ago I started to attend a yoga class, and then my Dad got sick and there was no time. I have always wanted to try it.

But ... I now have the residual deficits of the broken hip and trying to heal and still have the slight balance issue(s) and I too used to be extremely flexible/leg behind the head, etc..

Someone I met suggested I try something she called "gentle Yoga" . She thought it might be a good exercise option and also help some with the balance issue.

Is anyone familiar with it ... and what do you all think? Is it worth a try?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++

(By the way .... my Birthday is this month too ... and I have never planned my own Birthday "Party" ... but I always stay up past Midnight the the night before so I can greet the day.

My friends and I used to get together on the night before our birthdays ... and go out for dinner, and then out for the evening so we could have a drink at Midnight and be silly in some place of businsss while singing Happy Birthday! It was sort of a celebration on the Eve of our own Personal New Year.

I still try to stay up.
    Last edited by echo226; 08-06-2013 at 10:59 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Echo is there a class of any kind near you? Sometimes a DVD is not the answer, but a class maybe. The one I take, its all sizes and ages etc, one lady has MS. So we all do our yoga routines differently

As for your b'day, you must greet the day! stay up- what fun!

How is your furbaby??
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Echo is there a class of any kind near you? Sometimes a DVD is not the answer, but a class maybe. The one I take, its all sizes and ages etc, one lady has MS. So we all do our yoga routines differently

As for your b'day, you must greet the day! stay up- what fun!

How is your furbaby??
    There is supposed to be a "gentle yoga" class at a nearby church ... Five Dollars. I think i'll look into it.

Update info on my baby in animal lovers.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    There is supposed to be a "gentle yoga" class at a nearby church ... Five Dollars. I think i'll look into it.

Update info on my baby in animal lovers.
    That's good, yes look into it.Answered you in pets
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    Thank you! My birthday is 8/27. I don't exercise that regularly this season as they changed the yoga class at my gym. But it is my favorite exercise besides walking.

Thank you!
    . Ironically the BFFs bday is 8/27. LOL

Glad to hear about all the bday celebrations and rituals , etc. makes me happy to hear.

I think we will be fine. I'm also having a bracelet custom made for her with charms that pertain to things she likes. :-D yeah I think I'm a pretty good friend. Haha
    NorwIndian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    Wow! What was the tattoo of?
    A little dragon on the back of my neck... a great place for a little tattoo, by the way. You don't get sick of it and nobody has to know it's there if you don't want them to.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread