+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6518Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    What sticks out the most to me about the friend story is the fact that this woman is in her 40s but still makes a big deal over her birthday! I've never ever planned my own birthday party, that's just obnoxious to me. I haven't had a birthday "party" since I was a kid and wouldn't want one. I don't know any grown women who plan their own birthday stuff.
    It just seems a little weird to me.
    Haha - that's what sticks out to you! LOL - She's actually turning 37 and I'm 43. I plan stuff to do for about a week of celebrating my birthday and always have. I take the week off/vacation time starting with the 4th of July and go until the weekend after the 9th (my day) and then go back to work on the Monday after however long that is. Why not celebrate the day you arrived on earth! I love my birthday and let everyone know it's my day! My issue this year was that I was travelling and missed out on parties and stuff that were happening without me while I was driving 17 hours! heehee. I guess when I stop celebrating my bday - I'll be dead. :-/

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    Haha - that's what sticks out to you! LOL - She's actually turning 37 and I'm 43. I plan stuff to do for about a week of celebrating my birthday and always have. I take the week off/vacation time starting with the 4th of July and go until the weekend after the 9th (my day) and then go back to work on the Monday after however long that is. Why not celebrate the day you arrived on earth! I love my birthday and let everyone know it's my day! My issue this year was that I was traveling and missed out on parties and stuff that were happening without me while I was driving 17 hours! heehee. I guess when I stop celebrating my bday - I'll be dead. :-/
    Good for you. I already posted, I can stretch mine out for 3 weeks love birthdays - love love love
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you, I've just never known an older person who makes such a big deal out of a birthday. If somebody wants to do something for my birthday, that's great, but I've never known anybody who plans their own. I feel really bad that I may have offended you. I'm very sorry if I have.
    If that's how you like to do your birthday, more power to you!

I probably feel this way because I'll be 50 next year and don't want to be reminded that I have birthdays! Haha.
    Last edited by NorwIndian; 08-06-2013 at 05:12 PM.
    cablejockey likes this.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

The last time I had a "best friend" she slept with my husband and broke up our family with 3 young children. Now they're married and none of my kids can stand her and, as a result, have little to do with their dad. I will never have a "best friend" again. I enjoy my colleagues during the school year and am part of a women's discussion group that meets Sept. - June. During the summer months I am pretty much a recluse and enjoy every moment of it. I read, enjoy the internet, watch tv, garden, sleep more. I don't know what I'll do when I retire.
    beerbelly likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you, I've just never known an older person who makes such a big deal out of a birthday. If somebody wants to do something for my birthday, that's great, but I've never known anybody who plans their own. I feel really bad that I may have offended you. I'm very sorry if I have.
    If that's how you like to do your birthday, more power to you!

I probably feel this way because I'll be 50 next year and don't want to be reminded that I have birthdays! Haha.
    Not offended at all! I just thought it was funny that you thought that part was strange is all. I went on and on about not getting to plan my own and "letting" her plan mine when I would have been happier planning my own party. haha. No, to each their own. If you want to forget your bday - that is your right to do so but I say celebrate that you have them still b/c we all know what happens when we stop!
    cablejockey and NorwIndian like this.

I'm so glad you're not offended. It was weighing on my mind that I may have offended you so I just came back to apologize again.
    That part just stuck out to me because I couldn't believe a grown woman could be so immature/difficult over a birthday party (her, not you). I hope it all works out for you.

Gutmutter, that's pretty much my life right now. It gets old after a while. I would be going stir crazy if it wasn't for the internet.
    You all have helped the boredom too.

That's a terrible story Gutmutter, I wouldn't want a "best friend" after that either! I'm sorry you had to go through that but it sounds like you're lucky to be rid of them both.
    Last edited by NorwIndian; 08-06-2013 at 06:15 PM.
    beerbelly likes this.

I don't usually dwell on it - I've moved on. I'm just sorry my kids got robbed of a normal childhood.
    beerbelly likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am the person who believes in celebrating her birthday for the entire month! I do what pleases me, however big or however small. I don't broadcast it to anyone else....I just do ME! Whatever makes me happy goes! I'm not big on being fussed over, but I treat me right! Since I only had one child, I do the same thing for HIS birth month....I treat me right To me, that was a noble cause!

I refuse to count on anyone else for my happiness.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I invented "birthday Hanukkah" when my kids were little. It's only for moms. For the 7 days leading up to the birthday and,the actual birthday, we had what I wanted for dinner, even if nobody else wanted it (I still had to cook it though), my "husband" and kids had to be extra nice to me and my kids couldn't fight for that week.
    No presents or anything big, just a nice, quiet peaceful week with my favorite foods.

Now that my daughter is a mom, she's carrying that tradition with her family.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Sounds like a good idea to me! Too bad I don't really cook!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread