+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

True story. I made a comment on one of the boards about my hometown sports team. Another poster PM'd me because she had shared a particular sports experience with me. Come to find out, it's someone I worked with about 30 years ago, and we'd lost touch. We are now Facebook friends, and I hope to see her the next time we go to visit our granddaughters, as my friend lives in the same city as they do.
    NorwIndian likes this.

That's awesome! I've reconnected with cousins I haven't seen in years thanks to Facebook. The internet can be an amazing thing. I honestly don't know what I would do without it right now. I would have gone stir crazy by now.

You have granddaughters? I have a granddaughter who just turned 5 and my grandson will be 2 in October. Isn't it great? I love being a grandma so, so, so much. I had my daughter when I was only 17 and my son when I was 19. Their father died when I was 20 so it was just my kids and I for a long time. We are super close. They're very protective of me, especially now.
    Thankfully my daughter waited until she was an adult to have her kids. Lol.
    My granddaughter Alyssa used to spend the night a lot before my accident.
    My daughter brought the kids over today, I think I'm ready to have her spend the night again.
    She's such a sweetie and loves helping me. I'm looking forward to having her again.
    We can't go out and search for deer and go to the creek like we used to, but we can read, color, watch TV and best of all....snuggle all day!

She's coming tomorrow to have a sleepover, I just talked to her on the phone and she said she's so happy it "feels like Santa is coming"

Sorry, I don't know why I decided to tell you all part of my life story. Just feeling kinda lonely tonight I guess.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

Oh, yes. I have grandchildren. I had my first child at 18, and my second at 20. Hubby and I will celebrate our 49th anniversary on Friday. Our grandkids are 25!, 24!, and 17! (I put the exclamation points because I can't believe they're all grown up.)

I am blessed to be married to someone who has helped me to become a better person. I often say that I am married to the nicest person I have ever met. We are each other's BFF. (Check my albums for the shirts to prove it!)

That's great. I met Luke when my kids were very young. Their bio father was abusive to me, Luke is the polar opposite.
    Like you, he's the nicest person I've ever met. He's my kids daddy. He's been there for them for 24 years.
    We've never married, we moved in together about a month after we met and have been together ever since, just had our 24th anniversary in May.
    We May get married some day. Don't want to rush into anything. Lol.
    It's just not really that important to us. We know we're committed and in love and our kids do too, that's all that matters to us.

49 years is amazing! Congratulations on that. It's almost unheard of these days.
    Ellen and AZChristian like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Thanks for the input. I get it. I just have never had an issue with the plastic, rubber, wooden utensils. I have some that are thin, hard, soft, all kinds. I'm like Critical, they work fine for me. Maybe I'm just used to it and she isn't. My mom has some cookware that isn't nonstick, but she complains that she prefers the nonstick when cooking things like eggs or bacon. I may just get her a good regular skillet and see how it works out. I can't make her throw out her nonstick though. I guess she will when it gets bad enough and daddy refuses to eat from it. lol

Ref. the Pam spray. She used to use that, but my brother saw it and told her that stuff would kill her. lol I'm sure she gets frustrated with us adult kids warning her and daddy about cooking sprays, soft drinks, artificial color and flavoring, margarine, pesticides, cleaning solutions, plastic bottles, plastic bags, etc. I constantly sing the praises of recycling, but they won't touch it. lol

Oh, Echo, I haven't bought the silver, grill/serving tray I mentioned a couple of weeks ago. That was for a girl at work who just got married. I'm still thinking about it.
    No ... I wasn't clear. I meant your Mom may still be using aluminum pots/pans which are also supposed to be bad for you. I guess they have found aluminum in the brains of those with Alzheimers.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Thanks for the input. I get it. I just have never had an issue with the plastic, rubber, wooden utensils. I have some that are thin, hard, soft, all kinds. I'm like Critical, they work fine for me. Maybe I'm just used to it and she isn't. My mom has some cookware that isn't nonstick, but she complains that she prefers the nonstick when cooking things like eggs or bacon. I may just get her a good regular skillet and see how it works out. I can't make her throw out her nonstick though. I guess she will when it gets bad enough and daddy refuses to eat from it. lol

Ref. the Pam spray. She used to use that, but my brother saw it and told her that stuff would kill her. lol I'm sure she gets frustrated with us adult kids warning her and daddy about cooking sprays, soft drinks, artificial color and flavoring, margarine, pesticides, cleaning solutions, plastic bottles, plastic bags, etc. I constantly sing the praises of recycling, but they won't touch it. lol

Oh, Echo, I haven't bought the silver, grill/serving tray I mentioned a couple of weeks ago. That was for a girl at work who just got married. I'm still thinking about it.
    No ... I wasn't clear. I meant your Mom may still be using aluminum pots/pans which are also supposed to be bad for you. I guess they have found aluminum in the brains of those with Alzheimers.

Mohandas Gandhi

Oh, I'll check and see what she has. How can you tell if it's aluminum? I do think they dispelled those theories about Alzheimers though.

I found a good article on how to tell stainless from aluminum. It says the safety findings are not conclusive, but you definitely don't want to use tomatoes in aluminum.

How Can I Tell Whether a Pot is Stainless Steel or Aluminum?
    Last edited by Debb70; 08-01-2013 at 10:26 AM.

I'm still in shock that the problems I had with that woman was here! I still wasn't 100 percent sure until I got a private message last night, somebody else remembered her too.

She has definitely been banned from here so that makes me feel better. I don't remember every detail about my encounter with her, but I clearly remember her saying that I came here looking for tapioca and instead got prime rib in her and couldn't handle it. She said all I wanted was a snack but she gave me a full meal and I wasn't expecting that.

Yeah....she was a strange one.
    I hope she has gotten herself some help and has found peace in her life.

I think we've all run into the occasional "odd" person on discussion boards. We don't all have to be BFFs with everyone, but we don't have to be mean, either. The fact that she was banned says a lot. Thank goodness for our mods . . . they are among the best I've encountered on public boards.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I think we've all run into the occasional "odd" person on discussion boards. We don't all have to be BFFs with everyone, but we don't have to be mean, either. The fact that she was banned says a lot. Thank goodness for our mods . . . they are among the best I've encountered on public boards.
    Agreed ... and they have a difficult (volunteer) job ... especially with all the in the Bachelor/Bachelorette Forums.

Thanks for mentioning it AZ ... I know sometimes I forget to say thank you.
    Ellen and AZChristian like this.

Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread