+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7195Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

You guys are the best! April came over this morning and we talked, I took bits from each of your comments and just told her that with my hip surgery coming up soon, I want to try to be more independent, and I also want her to be able to spend more time with her kids. I told her how much I love and appreciate her and that I'm here if she ever needs me, but I won't be needing her on a regular basis anymore.
    She suggested we change it to a "call if I need her basis".

I feel so relieved and a little guilty too. She's so nice to have taken the time to help me. But everything I said was the truth so I feel good about that.

I really appreciate all of your advice. I don't think I'd have had the courage to talk to her without all of you.
    Last edited by NorwIndian; 07-30-2013 at 04:08 PM.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    You guys are the best! April came over this morning and we talked, I took bits from each of your comments and just told her that with my hip surgery coming up soon, I want to try to be more independent, and I also want her to be able to spend more time with her kids. I told her how much I love and appreciate her and that I'm here if she ever needs me, but I won't be needing her on a regular basis anymore.

I feel so relieved and a little guilty too. She's so nice to have taken the time to help me. But everything I said was the truth so I feel good about that.

I really appreciate all of your advice. I don't think I'd have had the courage to talk to her without all of you.
    Yay So nice to read about a happy ending. Sounds like the friendship wasn't damaged.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Honestly, I think I might put on the new decal more quickly if they'd attach an alcohol prep to the registration form...

I read that too fast and didn't see "prep" after "alcohol"....
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm starting to think I may need some alcohol to get that decal on!

They could, at least, offer us a prep; I'm sure most people would refuse. It's not as if it's cost-prohibitive.

I'm obsessing over this too much.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Are you talking about the sticker that goes on your license plate? I didn't know you were supposed to prep those in any way! I've just always peeled it and slapped it on top of all the others. Oops.

My kids always loved putting those stickers on. They always put ours on for us.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    You have some good suggestions for handling April and her kids. You are not being unreasonable at all.

After surgery, your nerves are more stained than normal and even if you hadn't had surgery, unruly kids shouldn't ruin your peace in your own home. The parent who allows it is the rude one. She's doing her kids no favor either. Other people won't want them around either.

There's really no excuse and I don't tolerate it in my home. I'm not mean about it, but I am very blunt. If the parents don't speak up, I do. I say, no we don't run down the halls and jump off the dining table in this house. You can sit and watch the tv or color with these crayons. And you will need to use your indoor voice. I keep a smile, but will not let them run wild.

The parents are initially insulted, (I can tell from their expression.) but after they get that I don't allow that crap, they adjust and when the kids some back, they are no problem. lol
    I'll bet sometimes you get lucky and the kids don't want to go back!
    Last edited by echo226; 07-30-2013 at 11:57 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

One more suggestion, when you are ready for a day out ... in the sunshine and fresh air ... maybe to the Park ... April might be a good one to call on to accompany you ... and she can bring the kids!
    Miss Scarlet and AZChristian like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I'll bet sometimes you get lucky and the kids don't want to go back!
    You know it's funny, but the kids love to come back. I think it's because I am quite open minded with them. I let them make choices about what snacks they want, what activities they want, etc. I try to keep things around I think that might enjoy like movies, games, etc. I just don't allow them to raise hell in the house. I think it's a relief in a way. lol

I'm so happy to hear this worked out for you! It sounds like you handled the situation perfectly.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    One more suggestion, when you are ready for a day out ... in the sunshine and fresh air ... maybe to the Park ... April might be a good one to call on to accompany you ... and she can bring the kids!
    I'd say leave well-enough alone! I wouldn't be stirring up something you may have to squelch again. You Will Kick Yourself, if that happens!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread