+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5667Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Sorry to intrude. Can somebody please tell me where I can find the book section? I've been looking for a while and can't find it.
    Sorry, I'm not quite sure how to navigate around here yet.
    Thank you.
    The more I know people, the more I love my dog. ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    Sorry to intrude. Can somebody please tell me where I can find the book section? I've been looking for a while and can't find it.
    Sorry, I'm not quite sure how to navigate around here yet.
    Thank you.
    It's the third from the bottom under Off Topic Forums.

I'm not sure if I have an iron. I would have to really dig deep to find it! lol I don't put most of my clothes in the dryer, but if it's a little wrinkley, I just toss it in the dryer for a a few minutes.
    AZChristian likes this.

Thank you! I'm stupid, I was looking in the General Discussion section for it.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    Thank you! I'm stupid, I was looking in the General Discussion section for it.
    Thanks!
    No, not stupid -- just the new kid. It takes awhile to navigate this "place."
    NorwIndian likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I agree, took me forever .
    Ellen likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Has anyone heard any updates on Teresa Heinz Kerry?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

She left the Boston Rehab hospital
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Hi, I need some advice. I hope this is the proper place to ask
    I feel like an ungrateful jerk for even thinking this but I can't take it anymore.
    I had an accident and some surgeries and am laid up for a while. My kids come by and help out when my husband is out of town working and I have a few friends that come as well.
    I'm so, so grateful to everybody who helps me, this is where I feel like a jerk....one of the people who comes to help is my daughter's good friend "April".
    April is one of those people who are always "on" always trying to be funny and the life of the party. She comes over about once or twice a week. When she comes she brings her 3 kids. I hate saying this but her kids are MAJOR brats. She's the kind of mom who takes the easy way of giving them what they want because it's easier than listening to them.

They all drive me insane when they come over. April always being "on" and loud and the kids being so bratty, I can't take it anymore and I don't know what to do about it.
    I feel so bad even thinking this way because I know April is just trying to help me and I am grateful.
    I don't know if it's all of the pain medication or just my situation but my patience just isn't what it used to be. I dread the days I know they are coming.
    Does anybody have any advice on how I can let April know that I don't need her to come over so much?

I really feel like such a horrible person for thinking this way about somebody who is only trying to help me.
    I don't know what to do!
    Thank you in advance and I won't be offended if you all tell me how horrible I am.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

You're not horrible. When a person is recuperating from surgery, they're entitled to not be stressed unnecessarily.

How about saying, "April, I have really appreciated your coming over. I've been blessed with lots of family and friends who come and help out when (insert husband's name) is away. I'm almost overwhelmed with gratitude. It's got to be hard for you to take time out of your busy life with three kids. Most of those who come over don't have that kind of stress or time constraint. So thank you SO MUCH for all you've done, but you are officially relieved of duty. Now go play with your kids. They'd ALL rather be at a playground than hanging around someone who is convalescing from surgery." Give her a kiss and a pat on the back, and point her to the door.

The important thing is, if she protests, just keep repeating things like . . . GO . . . PLAY . . . PERIOD.

:-)

1- You're not horrible.
    2- If it were me in your shoes I would just say hey! keep the brats at home... -
    3- But seriously - I suggest you tell April that you are trying to become more self sufficient and maybe cut it back to once a week or tell her that you appreciate everything she does but you'd like to try it yourself, but if you get in a jam - you'll call her. Then call her once in a while and give her updates.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread