+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4501Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    That's always good to hear. I have a wicked sense of humor, its just my in-laws don't understand it. My father and I could carry on and be entertainment for hours, how I miss him, and the laughs. Hubby has inherited some of my humor, and his mom doesn't get it

The more people show that they have very little/no sense of humor, the more we'd lose it!! It was nothing mean.....just funny!!!!

Of course, you always have to be aware of whether or not somebody is certifiably crazy, or not.

(Then we'd leave the room to laugh! )
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    The more people show that they have very little/no sense of humor, the more we'd lose it!! It was nothing mean.....just funny!!!!
    They drain me. Even more if I have to explain it
    Ellen likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by coltnlasma View Post
    AZChristian, that's awesome advice! I'm sorry your mom was so critical; glad you found a healthy way out of that.
    I think my mom was commenting because she saw my efforts as too much, so I laughed them off... but at the time a part of me felt like I should do less so as not to irritate her. ( :eyeroll on myself for that)
    Funny ... I was thinking that your mom was thinking you went to all that trouble ... too much trouble ... just for her!
    The other possibility is that she likes the taste of the store bought more than yours. There is a difference. I remember my Grandma's home made bread.

In either case, I think I might have let her go on thinking you did it all for her because she is so special.
    coltnlasma likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Just want to add that I too consider my sense of humor a gift from my Father ... and frequently think of what he might do or say or think in different situations.

He especially loved word play, puns etc. Me too ... and I miss him so much too!

Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Just want to add that I too consider my sense of humor a gift from my Father ... and frequently think of what he might do or say or think in different situations.

He especially loved word play, puns etc. Me too ... and I miss him so much too!
    My father did as well. Well we were lucky to have great dads in our lives
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz View Post
    A sense of humor is so important. When people ask for marital advice from Mr.Coz or me it is something we always say. (nevermind that they started asking at 10 years - it makes more sense at 20 but I still feel since my great-grandparents were married 66 years that we have a long way to go to get to that point!)

I think it's important never to take oneself too seriously. Too much drama can create a ton of problems whereas being able to laugh a situation off smoothes the way. Of course I'm not talking about being degraded or anything like that, but just making light of situations that I've seen drama-filled people be miserable over.

justCoz Hey! Have you had cake? ... if I'm not mistaken ... I saw that today is your birthday!

Happy Birthday and many more.

CORRECTION: Ooops! I think you wished someone a happy birthday today! and I misread it!

It didn't feel right to delete happy birthday wishes ... so Hope it was happy whenever it was ... and that yiur birthdays are always happy!
    Last edited by echo226; 07-27-2013 at 12:10 AM.

Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    justCoz Hey! Have you had cake? ... if I'm not mistaken ... I saw that today is your birthday!

Happy Birthday and many more.

CORRECTION: Ooops! I think you wished someone a happy birthday today! and I misread it!

It didn't feel right to delete happy birthday wishes ... so Hope it was happy whenever it was ... and that yiur birthdays are always happy!
    Thanks! It was yesterday so that's probably what you're thinking of. I also wrote birthday wishes today also. I do try to always leave a happy birthday note for everyone. I just let other people tell me happy birthday for several years before I decided that since I love birthday wishes so much, I needed to spread the happiness. And I did have cake, and later frozen custard, plus a margarita and no, I did not weigh myself this morning.

Eta: plus, at my house we celebrate our birthday 'week' and Mr.Coz says that's the week before and the week after. I have never argued against that stance.
    Last edited by justCoz; 07-27-2013 at 12:32 AM.

plus, at my house we celebrate our birthday 'week' and Mr.Coz says that's the week before and the week after. I have never argued against that stance.
    I like the way your hubby thinks
    I can drag mine out for a month
    -Andy Rooney-

Woodsprite Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    They drain me. Even more if I have to explain it
    I know! I know I've hurt feelings by saying things in fun on FoRT. They weren't said to be mean, just a comment that I thought was funny.

My Dad was funny too. I miss him, his wise advice and sense of humor. We always got each other and he helped me find humor in my Mom's uptight rules. The ironing reminds me of her ironing everything...I mean everything...I was the only one in gym class with an ironed gym suit, ironed t-shirts, sheets, even my dad's boxer's. Seeing my eye roll at the ironed gym clothes, He would make the comment "He was the only lawyer in town with ironed boxers!" and then look at me and laugh. As I got older and laundry became my chore, I would grab my sport practice clothes before they could be ironed.
    I'm a wash and wear person. I will iron when it needs it. I still crack up when I go to visit my Mom and see my nieces and nephews ironed t-shirts hanging up on the door. She will asked me "Do you have anything that needs ironing?" or I know I'm a bit too wrinkled when she says "If you take that off, I'll be happy to iron it for you."
    Bless her heart, ironing makes her happy. The woman can iron. Her clothes look like they just left the cleaners.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

My mother is the same!!! she irons everything. I wash and wear, we have an iron, I couldn't tell you where it is LOL it makes her happy to iron, just like your mum

I also have to go careful on the FORT, I remind myself that not everyone has the same humor as I do. I do love it when I click on a post and its funny, and I really LOL! some posters are very witty
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 07-27-2013 at 11:21 AM.
    inthegarden and Photobabe like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread