+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6258Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I am so glad I m not alone in the cooking and baking category . my MIL loves it -and cannot( after 20 odd years) understand why I hate it so much.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm with you both! It's not my thing, either. I wish people would get it through their heads that it is not actually an embedded female component...like a Y-chromosome.

When people try to convince me that I can/should do something that I have no, even slight interest in doing, I cut them off by telling them that "I am not in denial about who I am,", followed by a brief, direct gaze. That shuts them up pretty quickly!
    beerbelly likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I'm with you both! It's not my thing, either. I wish people would get it through their heads that it is not actually an embedded female component...like a Y-chromosome.

When people try to convince me that I can/should do something that I have no, even slight interest in doing, I cut them off by telling them that "I am not in denial about who I am,", followed by a brief, direct gaze. That shuts them up pretty quickly!
    I now give my MIL *the look* she doesn't bother saying much of anything to me.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I think that the health of your family is more important than personal taste. Granted it's the dad's responsibility too and if he can't work the long hours, do all the yardwork, household chores AND feed the family, then something should go, so he could hire a person to do the cooking. It's not my business, but at least I know that she probably has no issues with her family being unhealthy.

I still think I will proced with teaching the kids how to cook so they will have the option if they want to do it at home.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

My ex-daughter-in-law had NO household skills. She didn't cook, NEVER cleaned, and was on the way to becoming a hoarder. I was terrified after the divorce when she got custody of the two girls (okay, my son was no more parentally qualified, and he had substance abuse issues, too). However, both girls have grown up to be vegetarians, and eat very healthy now. And my granddaughter actually works at cleaning offices, so she learned how to clean, too.

I spent a lot of time biting my tongue . . . except the one time when the DIL lost my granddaughter's penicillin when she had pneumonia. No tongue biting there.

Bottom line is, we may not like how someone else operates their household, but unless they're doing something illegal or legally abusive, there's not much we can (or maybe should) do about it.

It's true that it's up to each parent to parent the way they want. She has some very good qualities and I try to focus on that. Still, seeing kids struggle with their weight and feeling uncomfortable in their swimsuits is painful. Good eating habits are such a wonderful gift for your kids.

I don't think cleaning is a problem there.

I will say that kids who grew up and took their slob habits with them to college, were popular, but in a bad way. Most people don't like to live in filth. Whenever I encountered it with a roommate or boyfriend, it ended up becoming a huge issue. I'm far from a neat freak, but I just can't stand pure filth. Some people don't even think about it. lol

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Like we all have, handle yours the way you see fit.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

If MEN would wear them, like a lot of them SHOULD, maybe they'd get the hint!

****************************** ****************************** ****************************** ************************

Now that's FUNNY right there!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Went to try on the Cacique bras today. 3 words:

1. Fa
    2. Bu
    3. Lous!!!

I'm sold! Thank you, FoRT Family! A good fit shows you it is all about the fit of the band around the chest for support. Everything else seemed to fall into place....no pun intended!
    Told you so. And they're so pretty too. So many good ones are just so old fashioned & unattractive looking.
    Not that we walk around in public in our underwear, but when we wear pretty undergarments WE know. and feel pretty.
    prhoshay likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    It does cost a lot, but it's the health issue that's the most important. I'm a bystander and it's none of my business, I guess. I really hate it for the kids, because they are paying the price. They are all overweight. Except for her. lol

I have a plan. I'm going to pick the kids up one afternoon, make a menu, go by the grocery store and then we can all cook a good meal. I'll send the parents a plate.
    I was going to suggest inviting them over for a meal. The scary part is she may reciprocate with serving you a pizza
    AZChristian likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread