+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7166Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I do the same as echo and tbamom. I have to add, I hate cooking, I truly do. My husband is a way better cook than me
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

The husband has pretty long hours at his job and doesn't have many days off, but he earns a good income, that allows them lots of extras like vacations, boat, and fancy toys. Plus, he does all the yard work which is considerable. Plus household maintenance, laundry and pet care, etc. He tries to cook when he can.

The woman has many good qualities. I'm just not understanding why you wouldn't try to prepare some healthy meals at least a couple of nights per week, when you are at home, instead of telling your husband to pick up dinner on his way home and he gets off work late. I just don't get it.

Maybe some women don't get that urge to nuture in that way. I mean, night after night, wouldn't you feel sad looking at your family eating cheese sticks, french fries, chili burgers, and 1000 calorie milk shakes, when you were home all day and could have made some baked chicken and vegetables. I just don't get it.
    .............................. ..............................

I think I just answered my own question. Apparently, it's not a priority for her. That has to be it. If you considered it important, you would do it. She doesn't think it's important. I guess that's it.
    cablejockey likes this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Well, her kids' health should be a priority. It's the kids I feel sorry for. Besides not getting proper nutrition and eating high-calorie foods, they're not learning proper eating habits and probably not getting exposed to a variety of foods.

Some people aren't educated enough to know what the health risks are of eating a fast-food diet - but it sounds like this woman should know. If you gave her a bottle of pills and told her to give her children one a day to make her children gain weight, develop high cholesterol, cause vitamin deficiencies, etc., she'd think you were nuts. But that's what she's doing with the fast food.

I think I just answered my own question. Apparently, it's not a priority for her. That has to be it. If you considered it important, you would do it. She doesn't think it's important. I guess that's it.
    I think so Debb. When my children were small I cooked all the time, we never ordered in, and seldom ate out- ( and that was a real treat if we did. )

We couldn't afford it . To this day, I do check how much take out costs, it's way too much
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

It does cost a lot, but it's the health issue that's the most important. I'm a bystander and it's none of my business, I guess. I really hate it for the kids, because they are paying the price. They are all overweight. Except for her. lol

I have a plan. I'm going to pick the kids up one afternoon, make a menu, go by the grocery store and then we can all cook a good meal. I'll send the parents a plate.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'd say don't judge unless she is cooking/not cooking for YOU!
    Critical likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Maybe she is just plain exhausted working all day and doesn't feel like cooking when she gets home, even though you do say she gets home early two days a week. I've always been the nurturing type and feeding family and friends is what comes naturally to me. I loved cooking nutritious meals for my family, even though at times it was frustrating b/c both of my sons were picky, and now, as young adults, they are both vegetarians, and thin, like their dad. I didn't work outside of the home for most of their growing up years, so it was easy for me to cook every night except Friday, which was always take-out pizza night. We ate dinner almost every night as a family. However, I have a friend who doesn't cook for her family of 4. EVER. And she has never worked outside of the home since her eldest was born. She doesn't like it and is an extremely picky eater, as were her children. They lived on take-out, franks, frozen pizza, you name it. I credit my mother for teaching me to cook. Although, I have to say it is nice to go out to dinner every once in a while. But a constant diet of fast food and take-out? No thank you.
    Photobabe likes this.

I don't think it's exhaustion. She does anything else she wants and has lots of time and energy for all other activities. She also has her weekends free. She also doesn't have any little kids that you have to bathe, dress or carry around. She just doesn't want to do it. If her husband accepts it, then that's between them.

I would feel awkward when my doctor asked about the kid's diets though, because they are overweight. I wonder what they say.

I also would tire of take out all the time. And when people at work talk about what they made for dinner, what do you say? I have never known of any woman who didn't want to cook a good meal for their man, at least every couple of weeks.
    Last edited by Debb70; 07-24-2013 at 08:08 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Went to try on the Cacique bras today. 3 words:

1. Fa
    2. Bu
    3. Lous!!!

I'm sold! Thank you, FoRT Family! A good fit shows you it is all about the fit of the band around the chest for support. Everything else seemed to fall into place....no pun intended!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Maybe she just plain hates cooking. I know I do.
    When my children were younger I cooked darned near every meal for my family. I even grew & canned my own fruits & vegetables. Very rarely picked up food. Even more rarely went out to restaurants. The reasons were twofold: First - the expense of picking up or eating out. Second - health.
    I hated every minute of it, but did it anyhow for the good of the family.

Now that I'm single, I still don't do pick up, carry out, delivery, or restaurants all that often at all. Why? The money! But I do cook extremely simple quick basic food, usually on weekends. Then I live off leftovers for days & freeze what won't be eaten in 2-3 days. I also do the Lean Cuisine thing often, supplemented by steam-in-the-bag microwave vegetables. I still absolutely despise cooking for others. I don't like to be compared or judged. Cooking to impress (as in whipping up little specialties ) is something I have no interest in whatsoever.

Not everybody likes to cook, or worse yet, bake. I find it time consuming, messy, & irritating. Then if that's not bad enough, there's the clean up. Not because I didn't know how, or am lazy (I despise when people accuse others of that just because they don't like to do the same things), just because it's just not my thing.

"I have never known of any woman who didn't want to cook a good meal for their man, at least every couple of weeks."

You've met one now. Me
    I get no pride whatsoever in cooking compliments. I'd much rather be complimented for intellegence, or being fun, or kind, or being good with handling money. Those are things that I find important.

If this woman choses not to cook, I wouldn't judge her at all. It's her choice on what she prefers to do with her time & energy.
    Even if she can't afford to pay the bills, or the kids are 300lbs by the age of 10. It may be a dumb choice, but it's her choice to make.
    Last edited by Miss Scarlet; 07-24-2013 at 09:19 PM.
    prhoshay, KatesMom and Fanny Mare like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread