+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Good tips on bras. Yes, I've read that you have to have most of the support come from the bra and NOT the strapes. I think mine do, but I still get slippage. I'm going to keep looking though. My cousin wears this front closure bra that is very sturdy looking. I think it's by Playtex. She said it really does the job. It just looks too industrial for my taste though. There isn't anything sexy about it.

Can I give a shout out for my NEW sandals? The only reason I was able to be on feet for the entire evening with NO problem is my new casual sandals. I am VERY pleased with my purchase. They are made by Abeo. Found at abeofootwear.com. They are called biomechanical footwear and sold online and in the Walking Store. They are located in malls. They have various makes and I got the kind with the metatarsal support. What a difference! If you have foot issues, check them out. I am 100 percent satisfied. My money was well spent. I doubt I will buy any other type shoe ever. I'm going back for an atlethic and dress shoe.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Debb, you need to go to a place that has a good reputation for bra fitting. It sounds like you are just walking up alleys whistling in the dark. (Don't ask me what that means....got it from a now-deceased, countryboy friend of mine!)

Now, I'm going to go look at your shoes!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    . . . Walking Store . . .
    Do you mean The Walking Company? I LOVE THEM. They carry a lot of Dansko, which really work well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Do you mean The Walking Company? I LOVE THEM. They carry a lot of Dansko, which really work well for me.
    Yes. the Walking Company. They also carry Dansko. I'm going to try on many kinds when I select my dress and athletic shoes. They have many brands. It's just that this style and brand of sandal REALLY works on my foot. It has this extra metatarsal support that prevents pain and pressure. I'll find the link for the one I got.

Here's the one I got. It's the Bahia sandal. I'm a little bummed. They have reduced the price. Last week, when I got mine I paid $95.00. Now they're reduced!

Bahia - TheWalkingCompany.com

REf. the bras. I did go for a professional fitting at a speciality bra store a few years ago, but their bras were very expensive and I spent a lot of money and couldn't wear it but once. It was hard, pointy and uncomfortable. I may give it another chance, but don't feel up to going to a place that I'm going to spend over a hundred dollars on two bras only to be unhappy.
    Last edited by Debb70; 07-23-2013 at 09:54 AM.

Yes. the Walking Company. They also carry Dansko. I'm going to try on many kinds when I select my dress and athletic shoes. They have many brands. It's just that this style and brand of sandal REALLY works on my foot. It has this extra metatarsal support that prevents pain and pressure. I'll find the link for the one I got.

Here's the one I got. It's the Bahia sandal. I'm a little bummed. They have reduced the price. Last week, when I got mine I paid $95.00. Now they're reduced!

REf. the bras. I did go for a professional fitting at a speciality bra store a few years ago, but their bras were very expensive and I spent a lot of money and couldn't wear it but once. It was hard, pointy and uncomfortable. I may give it another chance, but don't feel up to going to a place that I'm going to spend over a hundred dollars on two bras only to be unhappy.
    Maybe you did it a different time and just didn't post it here - but what you did post was going there to get a strapless bra for a specific occasion. As another slightly larger woman I can tell you that strapless bras to me are awful. I have never found one that is comfortable regardless of how much you spend on it. So I wouldn't let that experience affect your thinking on this. When you go in to have the fitting, talk to them about what exactly you want (and what problems you experience with other bras - like the strap issue). I have gone through professional fittings before and have been very happy with what they suggested for me. In addition, once you know the official right bra size, you can always go to a different store and try on other bras that you like.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Have you tried Clark's? They recently opened a store near us, and they also have VERY comfortable shoes.

Might be worth it for you to try the Cacique bra line at Lane Bryant since so many people have such good things to say about the fit. You've also got to bend over to put bras on properly; saw this tip on Double Divas, and my mother had told me that a long time ago. It does make a difference you've got to PLACE yourself in a bra . If I paid as much for the bras as you paid, I'd have taken those duds back and wouldn't have taken "no" for an answer! Flex your lawyer muscle!!

There is no excuse for discomfort.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Yeah, the bra I got at this specialty bra store was made that you could wear it strapless or with straps. I wasn't impressed. I should have taken it back, but I had worn it, so I didn't. I may give the store another shot though.

I was happy with Casique bras years ago, but when I went to replace them, the straps were hard like cardboard. I had taken the tags off one, but the rest I returned. The strap had no movement and was hard. So, I moved from them.

Clark's are a good brand, however, they don't work well on my foot. Not sure what it is, but my foot doesn't do well with their styles. I'm sure they work for some people. I just happen to need a lot more in the support area, because I have a very high arch and I suffer from periodic bouts of plantar fasciitis.

I know I must sound like a very picky person. lol

There's nothing wrong with being picky about what you spend your money on! You owe no one an apology. MY attorney taught me that!

Still waiting on that shoe picture! I already picked out the one that I thought it was!

It's in the link in post 19414 above. It's the second one from the left. The size is adjustable from all over with velcro. It's not a feminine sandal, but it's okay, because it's worth the sacrifice. It's so comfortable and prevents me from reinjurying my feet! It's fine for summer right now.

+ Reply to Thread