+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Do you mean CVS as in the pharmacy store? Oh my. I'll check out, but I've never seen bras in there. I really must get one that doesn't slip.

There is a speciality bra shop in Raleigh, but the bras are very expensive. I went there once and got fitted for a strapless for a wedding and it was VERY pricy. And the bra was so hard, uncomfortable and pointy in the ends, I never wore it but once. I paid over $50.00 on it. Big waste.
    CVS has an aisle marked "As Seen On TV." My favorite aisle in the store. That's where you'd probably find the bras.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I want to say I've seen a device that attaches to the backs of the bra straps and meets in the middle of you back that pulls the straps toward your spine, but I have no idea when or where.

Paul, I've been waiting on a man to chime in. What took you so long??
    AGE honey age.....
    prhoshay likes this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Yes, debb CVS the pharmacy store. I think AZChristian could be right because it did look like a bra I've seen them hawking on tv. She didn't find all the colors she wanted either so she ordered some online. That's the whole reason we even had the conversation - because they came in the mail while I was at her house. I can find out the name brand if you want. Who knows, it may even be the one you've all been discussing
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz View Post
    Yes, debb CVS the pharmacy store. I think AZChristian could be right because it did look like a bra I've seen them hawking on tv. She didn't find all the colors she wanted either so she ordered some online. That's the whole reason we even had the conversation - because they came in the mail while I was at her house. I can find out the name brand if you want. Who knows, it may even be the one you've all been discussing
    They are either "Gene Bras" or "Ah Bras" ... Target caries the too. I think they may be okay for smaller ladies ... but my friend ordered some for her niece who is a younger larger woman and she said .
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Some things people just shouldn't try to buy for other people.
    Ellen, just1paul and Photobabe like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'll check out those bras in the CVS soon. If they don't have a LOT of support and undewire, they probably won't work for me. I'm a DD! I can wear sports bras, but they have to be super tight and thick. In fact, I've pulled muscles trying to get into them before! lol

I had a great time at the concert! Robert Plant was wonderful! We had so much fun. I took the occasion to really celebrate. We had a designated driver, so I endulged and had wine. The venue was very nice. It was a rather intimate outdoor amphitheatre. We danced the entire show even though it was hot....over 90 the entire show! My calves are sore! I honestly do not know how Robert Plant does it. He was so funny throughout the show. He only stopped performing at the curfew. He said they told he had to stop.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I have no idea why somebody who wears a 'DD' bra would waste time with a bra sold at CVS! What are you thinking about??? It's sure to be little more than a rubber band.

Glad you had a blast at the Robert Plant concert. Outdoors, and over 90 degrees......you are a real trooper!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have no idea why somebody who wears a 'DD' bra would waste time with a bra sold at CVS! What are you thinking about??? It's sure to be little more than a rubber band.

Glad you had a blast at the Robert Plant concert. Outdoors, and over 90 degrees......you are a real trooper!
    Gotta say I agree here. I am also a DD and bras are the one place where I will spend the extra money for good fit and support! VS has a bra, I think it is called the Incredible, that I really like. But, they don't carry my size in the store, so I have to order them online.

I've always heard that if you have to use the words 'except/but' when you are talking about bras that you are in the wrong bra. I want to say that I've also heard that if the straps slip, you are in too small cup size. True....yes or no?
    For me that always meant I wasn't wearing the bra tight enough around my chest. Apparently many of us (especially if we are not a size 2) tend to wear our bras too loose. On the straps, it tended to be the opposite - I was setting them too tight because I was trying to support "the girls". Once I put the bra tighter around my chest and looser on the straps a bit, the bra would fit fine.

There definitely was no underwire because my mother hates those. I doubt it will be what you need Debb because I don't think it'll have the support you need. Mom said it's Genie (sp?) brand.

+ Reply to Thread