+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6578Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    May we revisit the water pik issue? I looked on you tube and think I have a handle on the previous trouble I encountered. I'm ready to get me a new one.

I discovered that some complain that the cordless ones don't hold much water and you have to refill it several times to get the job done. Is this true? Would it be better to get one with a resevoir that holds the water? I also read that the cordless ones are too large and prevent you from turning it in your mouth and getting all the angles. Has anyone encoutered this?
    I use a cordless one and I don't need to refill the reservoir while I'm using it. Really though, it wouldn't be a big deal to refill - it takes a few seconds. You only put the nozzle in your mouth, so I don't have a problem with the size. Mine is small enough easily to fit in my medicine cabinet when it's collapsed and the nozzle is removed and my medicine cabinet is little.

Just a note about putting anything other than water in a water pik....The instructions that came with mine explicitly say that you shouldn't ever put anything but water in it. I'm not altogether sure that doing so wouldn't invalidate the warranty.

I buy Cacique bras. They're really the only brand that fits me (and isn't wildly expensive) because I need a large cup size, but my band size is only a 36 or 38. it's not easy to find that combination. I wait for sales - buy two get two free is pretty common - and stock up.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Is anyone familiar with Cacique bras? I've heard women talking about how much they like them.
    Yes. It's all I'll wear.
    I was out shopping with a friend who swears by them. She's much larger busted than I am & says they're the only bra that's comfortable for her & still pretty & does what it's supposed to. She'd been recommending them to me for a while. I figured they'd never fit my smaller size & were a bit spendy. But I tried one on just for the heck of it (the smallest size they make). I was instantly amazed by the comfort, fit & support. The ones I'd been wearing didn't come close to comparing. I bought 2 & now that's all I buy. Worth every penny.

If you watch the sales, LB often has Buy One Get One Free sales.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

If you watch the sales, LB often has Buy One Get One Free sales.
    They have them on sale online right now- so pretty!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

The last 3 bras I bought were Bali and I loved everything about them, except the shoulder strap slips. It stays on my shoulder, but the adjustable part doesn't hold so it goes down a little and won't stay at the place I want. They have done it since I bought them too. I need to switch, because that is annoying.

I bought a water flosser! I wanted one on line, but didn't have time to wait and the one I found was so cheap. We'll see if it was worth the money. It was a CVS brand and only $21.00! So far, so good!

I'm so excited!!!!!! Tonight I'm going to the Robert Plant concert! I can hardly wait. I'm praying the storms stay away, since it's outside and there is no cover on top. It should be a fun night. I wasn't able to get front row this time, but I did get 7th row.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've always heard that if you have to use the words 'except/but' when you are talking about bras that you are in the wrong bra. I want to say that I've also heard that if the straps slip, you are in too small cup size. True....yes or no?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

It's been so darn long since I 've worn one -- I simply don't remember..........
    prhoshay, Ellen, Cootie and 2 others like this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Dumbest question I've ever heard (during a news interview with a doctor this morning).

The newswoman said to her guest: "Let's talk about some of the reasons why people might want to avoid having surgery on their back."

My answer: "Ummmm. Let's see. Because it's SURGERY on your BACK."

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I've always heard that if you have to use the words 'except/but' when you are talking about bras that you are in the wrong bra. I want to say that I've also heard that if the straps slip, you are in too small cup size. True....yes or no?
    I've always heard that too but my mom has very sloping shoulders and she said she never has found a bra strap that didn't slip. She was telling me about a bra that finally doesn't slip but IMO it resembles a sports bra without being a sports bra. I forget the name. She finds them at CVS.

Do you mean CVS as in the pharmacy store? Oh my. I'll check out, but I've never seen bras in there. I really must get one that doesn't slip.

There is a speciality bra shop in Raleigh, but the bras are very expensive. I went there once and got fitted for a strapless for a wedding and it was VERY pricy. And the bra was so hard, uncomfortable and pointy in the ends, I never wore it but once. I paid over $50.00 on it. Big waste.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I want to say I've seen a device that attaches to the backs of the bra straps and meets in the middle of you back that pulls the straps toward your spine, but I have no idea when or where.

Paul, I've been waiting on a man to chime in. What took you so long??
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread