+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2179448;
    True confessions time... I'm not only a conversation starter, but I'll even butt into a conversation with strangers if they're talking loudly in a public place. I was waiting at the doctor's office Weds. and a woman at the front desk was telling the others how her husband does the dishes and laundry. I leaned around the partition and asked, "Does he have a brother?" They cracked up.
    I'm the same exact way! I talk to anyone. And after living in the same area of Florida for 44 years, I knew EVERYONE! My friends and family hated going anywhere with me as I always ran into someone I knew and you can't just say hi an move on, that would be rude. You have to stop and ask: "How ARE you?" and the classic Southern line: "And how's your mama and them?"

When we moved, we had been here a week. We took the dogs for a walk downtown and every 3rd person stopped us and talked. My husband finally said: "I thought moving up here you wouldn't know anyone and this would stop, but because everyone is so friendly up here, I can see its going to be even worse". Then about 2 weeks later, we went to a large festival, had been there about 2 min. when I did run into someone I know. He just threw up his hands and said: "I give up!"

I learn a lot from talking to strangers, like where to eat, where to get your hair cut and other stuff and when I was in sales, I made some good contacts that led to sales.

I could talk to a doorpost. I've been told that I am easy to talk too and I have this vast knowledge of mostly trivial information that makes it easy for me to talk to almost anyone on any subject. (I know just enough about a lot of subjects, but not a lot about any one subject! ) and I ask a lot of questions so the other person ends up telling me stuff. Sometimes stuff I don't want to hear, but sometimes good stuff that I wouldn't have found out about otherwise and that's a good thing in a new city.

By the way I am back. Had a great weekend with family.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2179584;
    Yes misskitty, exactly food in the frig, cabinets, extra food around for Mona & Joey (although when I was really not doing well, they always had food- it goes in the shopping cart before my food, still out of habit.) extra litter for them. Not that I've become a hoarder mind you, just nice to be able to use up that last roll of paper towels and have 3 more rolls ready to go. Stuff like that.
    I'm with you on this. I always feel like we've "run out" of groceries/necessities if we don't have an extra 12-pack of toilet paper or 3-pack box of tissues in the pantry, or extra bottles of water or cans of diced tomatoes... I just hate that feeling of having 1 roll of toilet paper left and having to rush to the store...Which is funny 'cause I'm always at the store to pick up fresh veggies and juice...so it's not like I'm never at the store...I just like having that feeling of a well-stocked pantry/kitchen! And God forbid our cat passes away any time soon--some lucky animal shelter will be the beneficiary of tons of kitty litter and cans of cat food!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2180151;
    I'm with you on this. I always feel like we've "run out" of groceries/necessities if we don't have an extra 12-pack of toilet paper or 3-pack box of tissues in the pantry, or extra bottles of water or cans of diced tomatoes... I just hate that feeling of having 1 roll of toilet paper left and having to rush to the store...Which is funny 'cause I'm always at the store to pick up fresh veggies and juice...so it's not like I'm never at the store...I just like having that feeling of a well-stocked pantry/kitchen! And God forbid our cat passes away any time soon--some lucky animal shelter will be the beneficiary of tons of kitty litter and cans of cat food!
    My husband teases me that we have no less than 10 cans of diced tomatos, tomato sauce and tomato paste. I usually always pick up one can of each every time we shop. But that is probably the one canned food I use the most and I use it a LOT.

I feel the same way. My pantry gets low and I freak out. However, we always seem to be running out of toilet paper and its the teenagers fault. I don't know what she does with it, but she goes through more than me and my husband do together.

I always have extra stuff too. Toothpaste, toothbrushes, toilet paper, canned goods. So much in fact that when the postal service does the yearly canned food drive, I have enough in my pantry to give and still have lots left over. I've been trying to rotate stuff out though because some of my canned and dry goods are getting pushed to the back and not being used before the newer stuff. I keep saying I'm not going to buy anymore until I use up what I have but it never works out that way. My husband loves Cheetohs and no lie, we have about 6 bags right now.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I've got this thing about Rotel...........I think Luther Vandross made a song called "Never Too Much"???
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2180303;
    I always have extra stuff too. Toothpaste, toothbrushes, toilet paper, canned goods. So much in fact that when the postal service does the yearly canned food drive, I have enough in my pantry to give and still have lots left over. I've been trying to rotate stuff out though because some of my canned and dry goods are getting pushed to the back and not being used before the newer stuff. I keep saying I'm not going to buy anymore until I use up what I have but it never works out that way. My husband loves Cheetohs and no lie, we have about 6 bags right now.
    I have 10 two liter bottles of diet caffiene free coke. I am hoarding in case for some reason the supply runs dry or they quit making it.

ACF: I too had so much canned food that I was able to give to the postal drive and still not make a dent in my food supply. Right now I have a can of every kind of bean there is. Don't ask me why, but I do. I have 3 jars of pimentos. Why I need 3, don't know. I literally can whip up something at a moments notice from what's on my shelves. Refrigerator is a different story, except that I have about 8 kinds of cheese in there and every condiment known to man including some very awesome Wasabi mustard that makes a plain ham sandwich into a party in your mouth!

I'm still at the point of where I can only buy enough food to tie me over. I usually eat only one meal a day and a snack and there's not a lot of room in my small kitchen to keep any extras of foodstuff. So I like to make a batch of something I can freeze. More economical. I don't have a pantry either. Food just seems to be so expensive.

But I am one of those who definitely keeps kitty litter, and toilet paper on hand all the time.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2180358;
    But I am one of those who definitely keeps kitty litter, and toilet paper on hand all the time.
    See, you and the kitties have the same basic needs!

And myrosiedog, I don't know what it is about teenage girls and toilet paper (TP), but my friends all say the same thing. Maybe they use TP in lieu of tissues to wipe off makeup and such?

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2180325;
    I have 10 two liter bottles of diet caffiene free coke. I am hoarding in case for some reason the supply runs dry or they quit making it.
    Now that sounds like a plan to me---hate running out of my caffiene free diet Pepsi/Coke.......I thought it was the caffiene I was hooked on, must be the artificial cola flavoring
    Other diet caffiene free drinks just aren't as satifying...
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Just be careful and make sure you consume those diet soft drinks before they go bad. The sugar substitutes don't last as long and can taste "sour." (I actually prefer the taste of diet caffeine free Coke to the regular kind!)

+ Reply to Thread