+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5667Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

What about something just for her to wear on her wedding day? It is a really nice gesture you are making for your co-worker.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Debb70- I love those platters you mentioned... my mom has given me a few pieces over the years and they are wonderful. Since the bride will be moving, you could combine a possibly needed gift card with a thoughtful keepsake. I still think of my childhood friend every time I use the sugar spoon she gifted, for example. I think anything you choose will be appreciated and remembered, especially as it sounds like she is missing much of the celebration that usually comes with this event.
    remember to play

She was planning to get married today, so I can't give her something to wear. I just found out about it this past Friday afternoon as she ran out the door. I knew it was coming, but not so soon. She said she wasn't going to wear anything special. They are just treating this event very casually. I want her to have something to remember from the marriage event, even though there was no wedding and no shower.

Yes, I loved that platter I looked at and thought it would nice to keep forever with memories that you got it as a gift when you first got married, but she's young. I'm not sure that young people think like that anymore. lol

My mom doesn't like to give gift cards or cash because she wants to give a gift she'll be remembered by. When she does give cash, she wants to be told what was bought with it. So I get that. It's easy to just spend it on this and that without ending up with a "gift" from you. I like the idea of linens. What about a special cookbook? You could inscribe it.
    Count your blessings!

I normally have no issue with gift cards. I give them a lot, especially with younger people, because it's difficult to suit their taste, but with her situation, I just felt like an actual givt to unwrap might be better.

I found an photo of the platter I looked at. I wish they had their more current and trendy designs, but they didn't. Plus, I bet they wouldn't be on sale. They were half price!

Wilton Armetale Serveware, Serving Platters and Trays - Serveware - Dining & Entertaining - Macy's

It's the second item from the bottom of the page. Rectangle serving tray.

That's very nice! And not too big. If that's in your comfort zone, I'd say, "Go for it!".
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Sounds like this marriage might not be about love.

Debb, sounds like it might be about time to buy yourself a platter!

I looked at them. Verrrry niiice!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Oh, I know. I like them too. I've been getting myself some other things lately, so I'm waiting on the platter for myself.

This girl is super nice and I feel like she's sort of a loner. She does extra things to help me out all the time and she's pleasant about it. She seems very appreciative for the smallest things.

I'm going to think it over a little more and talk to her again and see if I can get a better idea of where she's at with her marriage.

You could buy the platter while it's available on sale and then decide later whether to give it or keep it. Sounds like too good of a bargain to miss.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You'll kick yourself if you don't buy it when the price is right! If they are half-priced, and you are the kind of person who goes to weddings, I'd go ahead and buy 2, holding one in abeyance for the next event, and treating yourself to the other one. You work hard! You deserve it!

Can you tell I'm the kind of person who, at Christmas time, I buy a gift for somebody and then something for myself?? I LOVE DOING THAT!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread