+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5671Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I've had NO problem telling a mooching relative that wanted to move in again "NO!". Not a shred of guilt here! Told her that she needed to go home to her mother! Strange how she worked it out and came up with her own place. I have learned my lesson, and will not be repeating it again. People only use you if you let them. You'd be surprise at how resilient they can be when they find out you are not going to play into their game.
    AZChristian likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Well, she'd never do it again. They told her he'd lose the kids to their drug addicted mother if he didn't have a permanent address.
    Count your blessings!

And that worked? It already screams of too much drama plot. They only try to play the people for fools that they think are the weakest.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

She is as kind-hearted as they come and it was supposed to be just until the court hearing which, of course, kept getting pushed back.
    What got her crying and coming to my house today was that the father was going to get some moss off of her roof for her and the 8-yr.-old boy wanted to go up on the roof with his dad. Gloria said NO! and the dad kept saying to the boy, "Well, I would have let you, but Gloria says no." in a very degrading way. Grrrrrr. It's her home and her liability. "No" should have been the end of it.
    Count your blessings!

Personally, if my child (grandchildren are WAY too young) needed a place to stay for a while I'd most likely be willing, but absolutely NO boyfriend or girlfriend would be permitted to live here or even stay the night, even if they were previously living together. They should have family of their own to mooch off of. If not, tough luck. Not my problem or obligation in any way.

As to the Little Sister, you've done what you could. Time to let go & move on. If she wants to continue to see you, the ball's in her court now. She would need to contact you, not you her, and ask, and give a little better explaination. Then, & only then should you even consider continuing with her.
    There's no reason for you to initiate contact, even by e-mail.
    prhoshay and inthegarden like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Perhaps the elderly neighbor with the moochers could mention to her GD that starting next week she was going to need a few dollars a week from the boyfriend?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

They're already paying for any increase in electricity and providing their own food. But I don't think she's charging them "rent" because she wants them to have the $$$ to get an apartment. The granddaughter is paying a lot of his legal fees which also steams me because she was trying to save $$$ to go back to college. She was a student of mine back in the day. Gloria had to come to my house to use the bathroom a couple of weeks ago because the boyfriend and two kids were taking showers/baths back-to-back (in the morning) without giving her a chance to go in between. I would have spoken up, but she's very meek and I think he's something of a bully.
    Count your blessings!

Granddaughter should be ASHAMED to visit her issues on her grandmother, especially the loser that she has brought along with her. It's fine if she wants to be used by this slug, but she is wrong, wrong, wrong to subject her grandmother to his issues. I guarantee you that his family is sitting back laughing at the situation of them living there; THEY know who he is, and I'm pretty sure he's not welcome there. If I were grandmother, I'd be watching my money and my valuables closesly, too.
    Ellen likes this.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Our son and his first wife came to stay with us "temporarily" when they got out of the service, while awaiting the birth of their child. They seemed to be showing no signs of getting gainful employment, and we were footing all the bills. It was stressful as we are tidy and they were NOT.

Just to give myself something to do to distract myself from the stress, I started a long-given-up hobby of playing the piano, including taking lessons (which required a great deal of practice in the evenings). I would have to play loud to drown out the sound of the TV (which they were constantly watching), and they would turn up the TV so they could try it to hear it over the piano. They must have gotten tired of hearing "The Entertainer" being banged out every evening; they moved out within 2 weeks.

Does your neighbor have a piano?
    Kip, Hyper, echo226 and 4 others like this.

My moocher was my only niece! I say send her home TO HER MOTHER!!!

+ Reply to Thread