+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6151Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

A week from tomorrow is Christmas Eve!
    Count your blessings!

I'm not a conversation starter so I'm glad there are people out there who will take the first step. If I don't want to talk, I do things to look busy.

True confessions time... I'm not only a conversation starter, but I'll even butt into a conversation with strangers if they're talking loudly in a public place. I was waiting at the doctor's office Weds. and a woman at the front desk was telling the others how her husband does the dishes and laundry. I leaned around the partition and asked, "Does he have a brother?" They cracked up.
    Count your blessings!

This is taking stuff from the holiday thread so it doesn't go too far off track:
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2178102;

gabriel: I think I know what you speak of. Like food in the frig.
    Yes misskitty, exactly food in the frig, cabinets, extra food around for Mona & Joey (although when I was really not doing well, they always had food- it goes in the shopping cart before my food, still out of habit.) extra litter for them. Not that I've become a hoarder mind you, just nice to be able to use up that last roll of paper towels and have 3 more rolls ready to go. Stuff like that.

I really enjoy being able to see something I like & buy it

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2178102;

Santa: I changed my mind. Oh, and I'd like to be able to talk to the animals and hear them too!
    Not sure if I'd want to know what Mona & Joey are REALLY saying to me.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2179490;
    Exactly! Ha! Just like I probably don't want to know what my students say about me behind my back.
    Yes ma'am - what we don't know will not hurt us.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Normally I think my students say kind things (I hear that from their parents and other teachers, anyway) but I threw a nutty this week when something was stolen off my desk when I had a sub. I'm sure the group that is under suspicion has plenty to say that would burn my ears.
    Count your blessings!

I live in southern Indiana and everybody here chats with everyone - even the teenage checkout clerks chat with me. It's nice. Moving back to northeast Ohio soon, where people aren't unfriendly, just more reserved.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Well that is the one "good" thing about being a sub, you know exactly what the students think of you as they don't care about censoring themselves

In a week I am having Junior Academy/High School reunion with my classmates and I am getting so excited about that
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    All of you profs. worrying about what your students say, should probably not wonder ontohttp://www.ratemyprofessors.com/index.jsp.
    You'll only find comments about College Profs. though.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Oh... my... goodness... my feet are HURTING me! I work at a gas station, and since Western Washington got hit with the big wind storm thursday night, my work was one of the few gas stations that had both power AND gas. A normal weekend gas total in the winter is usually 2,500 gallons... today we sold 16,100 gallons. When I got home from work, I took a very deserving nap.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;2180003;
    Oh... my... goodness... my feet are HURTING me! I work at a gas station, and since Western Washington got hit with the big wind storm thursday night, my work was one of the few gas stations that had both power AND gas. A normal weekend gas total in the winter is usually 2,500 gallons... today we sold 16,100 gallons. When I got home from work, I took a very deserving nap.
    I bet you slept very well too!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread