+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7166Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I'm not so sure I am as enamored of my laptop as other people seem to be of theirs. The sensitivity of the keyboard can be annoying, and if I don't keep my nails trimmed every 3 weeks, it seems to add to the problem; luckily, I've never been a fan of long nails, anyway. They are longer than what would be considered "short" nails, but most people would not describe them as "long". I do enjoy the convenience of the machine, though. As of today, I'm not so sure I'd make this purchase again.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

May we revisit the water pik issue? I looked on you tube and think I have a handle on the previous trouble I encountered. I'm ready to get me a new one.

I discovered that some complain that the cordless ones don't hold much water and you have to refill it several times to get the job done. Is this true? Would it be better to get one with a resevoir that holds the water? I also read that the cordless ones are too large and prevent you from turning it in your mouth and getting all the angles. Has anyone encoutered this?

I swear, Debb, just reading your post about the WaterPik made me laugh out loud, visualizing you wrestling with your shower massage.
    I just thought about our discussion just this morning, when I got up.....how's that for ESP??

I talked to my hygienist about it, and she highly recommends them. They don't take the place if flossing, but they are really good for oral health. I've also read about people using them with that poison Listerine for added benefit; Listerine will never pass these lips again!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I crack up when I think of me struggling with my water pik too! I went on line and looked at the demonstrations. Apparently, other people have had trouble at first too. I think my "system" was too poweful and I wasn't used to it. I also didn't lean over the sink enough!

I'm ready to give it another shot. I want to make sure I make the right choice.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I'm not so sure I am as enamored of my laptop as other people seem to be of theirs. The sensitivity of the keyboard can be annoying, and if I don't keep my nails trimmed every 3 weeks, it seems to add to the problem; luckily, I've never been a fan of long nails, anyway. They are longer than what would be considered "short" nails, but most people would not describe them as "long". I do enjoy the convenience of the machine, though. As of today, I'm not so sure I'd make this purchase again.
    I hate using the keyboard and mouse pad on my laptop. I use a wireless mouse and keyboard with mine. If it's an issue of space, they have keyboards that roll up to make that more portable. I haven't used them before so I'm not sure how well they work.

The one thing I am not fond of my laptop is the sensitivity to touch otherwise love it. I use a mouse with mine never could master the mouse on the laptop.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

I love my laptop, love it!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    The one thing I am not fond of my laptop is the sensitivity to touch otherwise love it. I use a mouse with mine never could master the mouse on the laptop.
    My laptop has the capability, in system preferences, to set the sensitivity level of the trackpad (personally, I like it set on high sensitivity; I have my iPad set the same way). Is that not the case with all laptops? Mine, BTW, is a MacBook Air.
    Cootie likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I think what I dislike most is the stupid mousepad. I've adjusted the sensitivity, but I probably could stand to do it again. I'm determined not to give up easily, but it is working my last nerve.

I've also found that when I go play on my desktop, I find myself doing things like I can only do on my laptop. The good part about my desktop is that my longer fingernails don't cause near the chaos that they can on the laptop. I am about sick of accidentally sending out a partially finished email right in the middle of the writing, and having to start all over again.

I desperately need a new computer. A whole lot of people keep trying to get me to buy a laptop instead of a desk PC. Those who are used to them seem to love them. But every time I use one I absolutely hate it. I don't like the keyboard & despise the "mouse", even the screen seems sub-standard. When I mention this to people, they say "you can always attach another keyboard & mouse". Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the whole thing?
    Plus, I like a permanently attached printer. I know a lot of people who have a laptop, but no printer. That just makes no sense to me. Like having a TV, but no way to change the channel. The usage is a bit limited.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread