+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6152Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I had my fill of partying and going out to bars, nightclubs, etc. That's one thing that I can say without regret. I did not deprive myself. I did all the partying I wanted......and then some. lol I devoted years to my education and kept my focus, but then after that was done, I decided to have some fun years. And I did. I have some great memories, but it's not something I'm into anymore. I still enjoy my concerts though.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I had my fill of partying and going out to bars, nightclubs, etc. That's one thing that I can say without regret. I did not deprive myself. I did all the partying I wanted......and then some. lol I devoted years to my education and kept my focus, but then after that was done, I decided to have some fun years. And I did. I have some great memories, but it's not something I'm into anymore. I still enjoy my concerts though.
    Concerts are where any of my entertainment money goes. I'd rather go out less often and pay more at once than spend less and go out every weekend.
    Johnny I wasn't being flip about your social issues. It can be really hard if you aren't into the same things the others your age are. My best suggestion for you is to find something that you really like to do and some other young adults will be around to meet. Cooking classes for under 25s might be a good start. Language school is always nice, too. They are always looking for English speaking conversation buddies. You can be young and not get drunk every Friday night. Nothing at all to be ashamed of.
    Ellen likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Well, I've had to break out my old buddy, Nora the Neti Pot, whom I had all but forgotten about. My allergies are kicking my butt like there's no tomorrow, and my voice is unrecognizable, even to me. I was getting my hair done, and mentioned my trouble, and my stylist brought up the issue of gargling with warm salt water, which I had totally forgotten about. I've been taking my allergy medicine every week, but it was becoming too regular. I can't believe my lapse of memory!

Warm salt water sure makes a lot of things better! How could I have forgotten that wonder treatment???
    Ellen likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I detest allergies! I keep trying to remember to try the netie pot.

Have you ever been so certain of something, but then realize you aren't certain? I would have sworn that I started a thread under Reality shows for the show Life Below Zero. I recall what others and I posted about it. Only when I went to find it......it's not there. I've checked everywhere and done a search. Am I losing my mind? lol

Does anyone know if they ever completely delete a thread if there hasn't been much activity on it?

Have you ever been so certain of something, but then realize you aren't certain? I would have sworn that I started a thread under Reality shows for the show Life Below Zero. I recall what others and I posted about it. Only when I went to find it......it's not there. I've checked everywhere and done a search. Am I losing my mind? lol

Does anyone know if they ever completely delete a thread if there hasn't been much activity on it?
    I have no idea if there was any activity or not but I've had threads completely deleted before. I thought they were innocuous but, maybe not.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

I would like to know. Either it was deleted or I have it mixed up with something else. lol

CCL

You posted about this show in the summer 2013 shows thread in the non-reality tv forum. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    You posted about this show in the summer 2013 shows thread in the non-reality tv forum. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?
    THANK YOU. That's it. I'm glad to know I'm not losing it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What's a good word for an "invitation" that really "isn't"? I've considered a "non-vite" and a "non-invitation". Suggestions? The circumstances are it comes in, by email, at the last minute with no details leaving no time for making arrangements, should one really want to attend. I don't think the "hint" could be any bigger!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 06-29-2013 at 09:13 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    What's a good word for an "invitation" that really "isn't"? I've considered a "non-vite" and a "non-invitation". Suggestions? The circumstances are it comes in, by email, at the last minute with no details leaving no time for making arrangements, should one really want to attend. I don't think the "hint" could be any bigger!
    What's it for? A wedding, party, Baptism? When see last minute things like that, it's usually because someone forgot, put it off, or the person who was responsible blew it off and now the others have to do everything. It's then done in haste and the details get overlooked. That's how I would take it. And if it's something that I'm not dying to do and that will cost money, then I don't count it as a loss, but a plus, since I probably have other plans anyway. lol

+ Reply to Thread