+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5650Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

The experts have been trying to figure it out. If it were something in the atmosphere, it would have been seen on radar, right?

There is no fracking around us. Not yet anyway.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I am not a bar or a club person. I was taken to one again and after like 15 minutes of just sitting there by myself, I got up and left. I'm pretty bad socially.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I doubt that you are "pretty bad, socially"; you like what you like, but I don't think you've given yourself permission to be your own person yet. It's not necessary to "follow the herd"; you can always catch up with them later, when things become more to your liking. You will eventually find where you fit in, and not feel pressure to do what other people think you should be doing.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

What is there to like about bars and clubs? Go to activities and events YOU enjoy and you'll meet like-minded people there. My mom's mantra to all of us when we were young was, "You don't want to meet your husband/wife at a bar." I thought it was silly at the time, but I get it now. I met my (ex) husband when we both taught swimming lessons at the Y.
    prhoshay and Miss Scarlet like this.
    Count your blessings!

Can someone give me their opinion on this? A lady who works in our office and who is also a friend had her elderly father die yesterday. It's out of state. I just spoke with her by phone. We have a card signed by all in the office. I just went online and posted a condolence message on the funeral home site.

The obituary says in lieu of flowers please donate to these two charities. However, some people had already sent flowers as it's listed on the website. Should I just donate to the charity and not send flowers? I want to do the right thing.

Does anyone know how it works when you donate to the charity for a funeral? Will they notify the family that we did it and when?

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

If you donate to a charity, they usually send notification to the family. If I see an "in lieu of" request, I always honor the family's wishes.
    Photobabe likes this.

Okay. I want to honor their request too. I just feel funny that a lady we are so close to and care for is far away for her father's funeral and there isn't a nice flower arrangement with our name in the funeral home reminding her that we care.
    Maybe I'm making too much of it.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

My father died in 2004 and my mother in 2010. I don't think I looked at who sent the flower arrangements when I was at the church/funeral home. Someone collected the cards on the flowers for us and wrote a description of the arrangement. It was nice to have the flowers there, but I didn't know who sent them at the time. As others have said, the charity sends a note to the family saying that so and so has made a contribution in memory of ____.

When my dad died, I felt the same as Kip. I did have some lovely flowers sent to my home, just for us girls, and that was very nice.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

I agree with Kip. The last thing on the family's mind is running through a mental checklist of who did or didn't send flowers. They will receive a card from the charity after they return home, and they will appreciate knowing that the wishes of their loved one were honored. It's pretty common these days to do this, so the family won't assume anything if there are no flowers from you at the funeral.

+ Reply to Thread