+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6757Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Stargazer: I'm sorry to hear about your friend's illness. It's very kind of you to donate to support her cause. The Susan G Komen organization does amazing things. Here in Canada, Ford Cares (their cancer support group) gives the proceeds of shirts and bracelets and stuff to her organization. I'm going to order some things in the spring and send them to my cousin who has been fighting cancer for awhile now. I know there's a Canadian Magazine who supports a program like the one you mentioned helping women with makeup tips, hats, scarves and wigs too!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD
    Hey all, got a few things going on and will be offline for a few days. Be good while I'm gone, or Santa isn't going to come see you!!!

Be back in a few days. Hopefully.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    All day today i've been hearing, "god bless you sweety/honey" from serveral strangers. It's a turn off, really it is. Those are comments directed at my looks/physical which i can't say is an ego boost, so i just ignore it. It's not welcomed, but if i answer it'll just pull me into a conversation and that'll just prolong things.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Stargazer, I'm afraid I came from a long chain of "gabbers" too. My dad was one of the most friendly people I have ever known.

My sister and I remember (as kids) waiting in the car at a "fillin' station" (for all you oldtimers ) seemed like forever until Dad finished his long conversation with a stranger held captive to Dad's stories.

What I'd give to hear just one more of his stories

Now me, I'm not as confident to strike up conversations with just any stranger, but my sister has Dad's gift of gab....and she lives in a fairly unfriendly town (Miami Beach) so she really stands out.

As far as plane trips, I do appreciate someone who will engage in periodic friendly conversations........makes the trip go by faster......but I will not speak unless they take the initative.....

MissKitty--so glad you made it safely to your sweetie with no major incidence.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

I'll still be around here, but I just wanted to tell all of my fort friends to have a safe Happy Holiday Season, whatever you observe or celebrate Enjoy it!
    Too numerous to start typing in names - and of course Mona & Joey wante you to havea Meowy Christmas.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Happy Hanukkah (starts tonight) to our Jewish friends! Hope you're with loved ones.
    Count your blessings!

Happy Hannukah - The festival of Lights!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I just have to say gabriel that I loooooove Paul Lynde. My mom used to watch Hollywood Squares all the time and he cracked me up.
    Count your blessings!

I just read Stargazer's pet peeve at the top. I jibber jabber non-stop no matter what mode of transportation I am traveling by. When we were flying back to England when I was 8 I sat beside this business guy who was in his early twenties. I was the only person not sitting with my family and though he was trying to work he gave up after my incessant requests to play travel scrabble with me I think I asked him for 5 mins solid. He actually played travel scrabble with me for the whole 12 hour flight

Now, I can pick up on hints for the most part, but I do love to chat.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Happy Hanukkah too!

And Merry Christmas and Happy Kwanza and Joyeux Noel and Happy Holidays!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread