+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6454Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I'll check it out, but I really will check you tube to see someone using it first! lol

I have a cordless Panasonic water pick that I use several times a day. I LOVE it. I think it cost me around $30 on Amazon. I watched the price until it went down, so I got a good deal. My dentist highly recommended them, so I bought it. It doesn't replace floss, but it's great if you have dental and/or gum issues. Initially, there were some wet walls and mirrors (and shirts), but it doesn't take too long to get used to it.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I went to Venice to see my dad for Father's Day and some friends went with me so they could visit their grandson in New Port Richey. We had a good time visiting, fishing, swimming, shopping for summer clothes, and, of course, eating. What's a family gathering without food?? I'm sure my diet suffered some during the trip but I'm getting right back on it now and should lose the weight pretty quickly.

The only bad thing that happened was my laptop got damaged. Midway through the trip, when we went from my dad's to a hotel in New Port Richey, I plugged it in and only about a quarter of the screen displayed. It looked like it had been shattered internally. I had bought it at Best Buy 2 years ago and it had a three year warranty on it so fortunately I was able to take it in when I got back from my trip. They'll try to repair the screen and if that doesn't work, I'll get a new laptop. So everything worked out. I'll just be without a computer at home until they get it fixed.

It's fortunate that I had bought a new flash drive recently. I was able to back up my documents and my pictures from my laptop before having it serviced. All of the other programs can be reinstalled, if necessary. I really hope, though, that they're able to just change out the screen so I can keep my data. It's such a pain to reinstall Windows, Office, the Adobe Suite, and all the other programs I use, as well as putting music back on, setting up my favorites, etc.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

Pikachu,
    Your Father's Day trip sounds great! We had a great time too and lots of food. ALL the grandkids were present and we got some nice photos.

For those who recall, the last several years I have shared my worry, pain, dismay with a couple of missing family members who no longer came around for holidays. They are back! It started at Christmas and is going strong. Yaaaay.

Ref the damaged laptop. If it's going to take them awhile to repair it, I would rent one until yours is repaired. It's not expensive at all.

Also, I would ask the computer Geeks at Best Buy to reinstall all your programs when it's repaired. I think they are free too.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I can get by without a home computer for a while. I have my computer at work so I can do pool scores. They estimate it will be July 4th when they're done with it.

I'm hoping to finally get to some household chores I've been putting off, now that I don't have a computer at home to distract me. If I could get my guest bedroom picked up and throw away stuff I don't need all throughout the house, that would be great! All week I say I'm going to get around to organizing things on the weekend, when I have more time, but then on the weekend, I'm pretty much on the computer 24/7, except for when I'm sleeping. I'm considering giving up my Facebook games while I'm on detox (I can't access them on the computer at work) but I don't know if I'll go that far.

Debb, I'm so happy to hear some of your missing family members are participating with the group again! No matter what you're going through in life, it helps if you have family to lean on. Plus, you want to hear from family when things are going good for them so you can celebrate in those happy moments, and not only hear from them when they're going through hard times.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Who rents computers out? Didn't know that even existed.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Oh yes. They are a small local group, but part of a large company that provides technology services and equipment of all types in the US, Canada and the UK. I learned of them when I had a laptop stolen once. They were great. They showed up with one that had everything I needed in a couple of hours. They handle anything involving videos, sound systems, recording, etc.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I'm part of the "I love to have the latest and greatest" gang. When Blackberry announced a new phone (the Q10) with an actual keyboard, I wanted one as soon as they were available. (I have acrylic nails, and touch screens don't work well for me.)

So I went and got it on Sunday and started the process of customizing it. In the meantime, we cascaded my old Bold to my hubby.

Today I took the Q10 back to the store and bought another Bold for myself. How can they call it an upgrade when they sell you a $200 phone that won't even sync up to your computer calendar and memo pads? I can't live without my calendar, and I sure didn't want to have to enter everything onto two calendars.

Lesson learned: do more research before running out to buy new technology.
    ArchieComic Fan likes this.

Usually, before I buy anything, I go to a site such as amazon and read the customer reviews. They can be quite helpful and warn you of problems you never considered.

I never buy the first generation of anything. Too many bugs to work out. I wait until the second generation is released.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread