+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5667Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I have a habit of asking a person if they can receive a text before I make the presumption. Like has been recounted, a lot of people still do not have/utilize the feature.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Has anyone here ever used a Waterpik? I'd be interested in experiences.
    We had one when I was growing up because my sister had braces. I think I was the only one to use it. I am dental hygiene obsessed. It doesn't replace flossing but it makes your mouth feel really nice.

I love my sonicare tooth brush. My daughter is getting braces so I think we'll buy another waterpik.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

I got one on the recommendation of my dentist, but I opted for a cheapo one from Amazon that screws directly onto your faucet... problem is, you have to unscrew the existing attachment first, so it became too much trouble. I didn't want the whole "unit" kind taking up counter space. I remember loving the one we had as kid, though. This time around it felt really weird.
    Count your blessings!

With all of today's technology, to me it actually seems harder to communicate. I have a few family members and friends who exclusively use text, facebook or email to communicate but when you use their preferred method to contact them, suddenly they have technesia (I just coined this!) and claim they didn't get said email or text. Seems like that is the favored excuse when someone doesn't want to respond and it's frustrating because you never really know if it's true or not. You can try to send an email return receipt but all one has to do is click not to send a receipt and you never know if they got the email. Calling these days is also hit and miss. 99% of the time I get voicemail and then again, hear "I didn't get the message." Knocking on the door is also out these days because people nap and don't hear (allegedly). One of the few things I do like about facebook is that it shows you when someone has read your private message or when they view a group post. But the only sure fire way for me to communicate with someone is if I see them in person. Or maybe it's just me and nobody wants to talk to me?
    Debb70 likes this.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Archie ComicFan, that's pretty funny, but it's also quite true.

We have an issue in our family. My mom loves to telephone the young adult grandkids. Certain ones hardly ever answer. (My mom is not going to text, even if I taught her.) The ones who hardly ever answer their phone, have cell phones that are attached to their bodies. They are constantly looking at their phones and when they are around my mom, they constantly answer their phones with calls from other people. It's rather annoying. However, once they leave, they don't answer my mom's calls to them. Well, it's obvious they don't answer, because they don't want to. If they get all their other calls, then certainly they get grandma's. It really bothers her.

I've thought about intervening, because with all she does for them, she deserves the respect, but I haven't yet.
    cablejockey likes this.

For grandchildren to blatantly ignore calls from their grandmother is rude and sad! (But they wont see it that way.) Maybe a reminder that grandma isnt going to be around forever and how bad they might feel once she is gone and wont be calling anymore?
    Debb70 likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

That has never worked in the past with kids, so I doubt that will work now.

The oldest person I know who texts is a friend of mine's mother. She is in her early 90s!! How cool is that???! I've received messages from her before!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 06-11-2013 at 10:59 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

I've found that most young adults live in a "I'll do that tomorrow world". Not being around tomorrow isn't a reality to them...yet.
    prhoshay likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    For grandchildren to blatantly ignore calls from their grandmother is rude and sad! (But they wont see it that way.) Maybe a reminder that grandma isn't going to be around forever and how bad they might feel once she is gone and wont be calling anymore?
    I agree. Grandma is never ignored when it's their birthday and at Xmas.
    Jamie5632 and Debb70 like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I agree. Grandma is never ignored when it's their birthday and at Xmas.
    Amen! That's it. It's not just birthdays, Christmas, graduations, etc. Grandma is the one who helps them with clothes year round, gives them cash when they want to take a trip with their friends, are short on their car payment, etc. She always has the food to set an extra place should they drop by and offer kind words and encouragement. It really bothers me that they don't answer when she calls them the majority of the time.

+ Reply to Thread