+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6383Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I don't have a problem with people liking it, actually. It's just not for me. I find it boring. No one needs to apologize for liking it.
    You're absolutely right. Others have every right to like it & use it, just as I have every right to dislike it & resent it.
    No one needs to apologize for their own tastes. The world would be a pretty boring uninteresting place if everyone agreed about everything.

I just resent the way it seems to be trying to impose on people who want nothing to do with it. We're treated as if we're totally out of touch fools to be looked down on & snickered at.
    Sorry I want REAL friends & REAL contact with mine. Pick up the phone & call me or text me your pictures. I love that.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Ha! I don't have a phone that receives texts. I recently found out two family members had sent me texts and were angrily waiting for responses. I have a very minimal track phone I use only when I'm traveling. Any other time it isn't even charged and it would cost extra to do texting, so I'm not sure where these people's texts are going.
    Count your blessings!

I have text block on my phone. Don't want it, don't need it
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Now, I am a person who HATES the telephone and would prefer to receive texts. My job made me that way; a telephone always seemed to bring me an annoyance. I am a person who prefers to control WHEN I am in contact with a person, and I'm a pretty good judge of who is going to ring me up with something STUPID! My son likes to text, so that's good for us. I guess it's all in what you've discovered that works for you.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have a very basic phone. No camera, no keyboard. But, I can send and receive text messages. I hate texting, but have found that if I want to communicate with my adult grandkids, texting is often the best way. It does cost me 10 cents per text and is laborious to use (no keyboard) but I was quite proud of myself when I figured out how to do it.

See, you CAN teach an old dog new tricks!
    inthegarden likes this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    I have a very basic phone. No camera, no keyboard. But, I can send and receive text messages. I hate texting, but have found that if I want to communicate with my adult grandkids, texting is often the best way. It does cost me 10 cents per text and is laborious to use (no keyboard) but I was quite proud of myself when I figured out how to do it.

See, you CAN teach an old dog new tricks!
    Sounds like we have the same phone. I stopped texting, it was cheaper for us to use the phone. Now they want me to have Skype!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I used to think texting wasn't for me until mrCoz went back to school. I could text him and reach him when I couldn't phone him. Now I prefer it. I can text on my time, they can answer on theirs and vice versa. I don't have to spend all day on the phone when I don't like talking on it anyhow. Now if I could just get my MIL to text my life would be better :-)
    prhoshay and Ellen like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I have text block on my phone. Don't want it, don't need it
    I don't have a cell phone.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think having a cell phone has become more of a safety issue, not to mention a convenience issue. I also maintain a landline. It's costly, but when there are cell tower difficulties, I am glad to have it. Cells just don't do everything that landlines can do.....maybe one day?

I've always stressed to my son not to become a slave to his cell phone, but to make the phone work FOR him. Appointments, tasks and shopping lists, etc.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 06-10-2013 at 08:26 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I pay for the 3 kids (2 of whom are technically now adults) to have cells. I don't drive so I don't need one for car safety issues and anywhere I go alone is somewhere I can find a payphone if needed. I may take over my oldest's contract once he finishes university (he just graduated from one degree this weekend and is starting graduate school) and gets a "real" job. I told them I'd pay all their needs until they are working full time....let's just hope it doesn't take forever.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

+ Reply to Thread