+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Considering I run across Ferris Bueller's Day Off on basic cable practically monthly, I'm shocked that the young lawyer didn't know it! Maybe he's one of those "I'm too good to watch tv" people.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I hate Facebook! Am I alone? I think I am.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    It doesn't interest me.

I have family scattered all over, so it is a way for me to see pictures and keep up with what's going on. I just found the brother and sister who grew up next to me a couple of weeks ago and we've had great fun catching up. I've been looking for them for a long time.
    Count your blessings!

I like facebook but hate when your friends post all those quotes and sayings that take up all the space. Pure nonsense to me.
    Newfherder and Arielflies like this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    I like facebook but hate when your friends post all those quotes and sayings that take up all the space. Pure nonsense to me.
    That drives me crazy!! I love all the photos, I love seeing the children grow, because we cant travel to see them
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Absolutely not. I look my nose down on it & resent it too. I see it as an ultimate time waster, a pick up joint for hook ups, a frightening negative influence on our children-especially teens, a place to hurt & humiliate others, and just plain trashy.

I'm sick & tired of clicking on a link to find out about something & being taken to a login screen trying to force me to give my personal information & privacy to some intrusive, often offensive network.

I know, many people use it for pictures with family, but the negative usage far outweighs the positive.

And don't even get me started on Twitter...................
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Sorry, but I love Facebook. It's re-connected me with my four best friends from growing up (two I've actually known since kindergarten), two of whom I'd totally lost track of. People who don't like FB characterize it as a time waster or full of psychos or silly, but I will never have anything but good things to say. I'm in touch with people every day that I've known nearly all my life. I've connected with cousins and other family members who live all over the country and helped me keep in touch with friends all over the world.

Like many things, it is what you make it. For me, the positives FAR outweigh the negatives. But then, I'm a sensible adult. I don't post things on my FB that I wouldn't want read on the nightly news (or by my mother) and I am very selective about who I accept friend requests from. I don't have concerns about security because I don't post private things there. It's common sense.

Obviously, opinions and experiences vary, but no one will ever get me to feel differently about FB. For me, it's been nothing but a good thing.
    Yardgnome, JLuvs, Lil Bit and 1 others like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I don't know about "hate" ... but I remember when my sainted Aunt loved to read her newspapers and watch the evening news ... and then at the end of the articles and TV stories it said, for more on this go to newspaper .com or TVstation .com. She had no computer and had no desire to get one, so she really had no way to get the rest of the stories.

Not all that many years ago ... I found long lost people through various means without the use of even a computer. It just took a little more time and some ingenuity. I remember the happiness I could hear and see when those people learned who I was and why I was looking for them.
    The means I used are still available ... but everything moves too fast for someone to make a call or write a letter.

Yesterday I went to a visitation for a friend's relative who had passed away. The Funeral chapel did not have a traditional guest registry ... it was a touch screen sign in .. and many of the older folks didn't know how to use it ... and some didn't WANT to use it. It was very impersonal in my opinion.

So ... I feel the same with Facebook and Twitter ... and very sad when I am "directed" to one of them in order to be fully connected.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't have a problem with people liking it, actually. It's just not for me. I find it boring. No one needs to apologize for liking it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread