+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6246Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Ellen, I read that cold, salt water or WD-40 are some natural ways of getting rid of termites.
    Hmm WD-40 may be good to try around our windows when we start getting the hot Santa Ana days when those gross termites swarm and make their appearance. Ugghhh. Our apartment owners/managers have yet to do anything other than "band aid approaches." WD-40 is a band-aid approach, too but I can do it faster than owner/manager can or will.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Hmm — WD-40 may be good to try around our windows when we start getting the hot Santa Ana days when those gross termites swarm and make their appearance. Ugghhh. Our apartment owners/managers have yet to do anything other than "band aid approaches." WD-40 is a band-aid approach, too — but I can do it faster than owner/manager can or will.
    I can empathize. The manager at my last apartment was SO unresponsive. We had horrible ant infestations - I lost hundreds of dollars worth of food - and yet she would forget to put my apartment on the list for spraying when they would have someone come in once a month. She'd forget and then wouldn't do anything about it. It was "oh well, they're not back until next month, so just wipe everything down with vinegar." If it had been her pantry that was over-run with ants, she would have had the exterminator out the next day.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

WOW. Sorry you are being bugged! Ellen, I also read that you can make your own cardboard traps to get rid of some of them,

Wet some flat strips of cardboard, stack them, and put where the termites will be. Once some of them are trapped, take it away and burn it.

You can find more detailed instructions, but that really is about it.

p.s. as for the ant or pantry bug wipe down ... I used ammonia on rags, gauze and other items ... and set them around (on outside window sills, etc.) it worked.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I don't like to think of myself as old, but yesterday I made a Wizard of Oz reference in my middle school classroom and nobody had any idea what I was talking about. When I was growing up, The Wizard of Oz was the only movie you ever saw repeatedly (pre-VCR). It was on TV every year. Our teachers didn't give homework that night.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Don't think of yourself as "old"....think of those poor children as unexposed and, culturally, neglected! I made SURE my son knew about and appreciated that movie!
    Jamie5632 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Yes, I may feel old at times, but I actually feel fortunate too. Sometimes knowing things old school really come in handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I don't like to think of myself as old, but yesterday I made a Wizard of Oz reference in my middle school classroom and nobody had any idea what I was talking about. When I was growing up, The Wizard of Oz was the only movie you ever saw repeatedly (pre-VCR). It was on TV every year. Our teachers didn't give homework that night.
    And the Sound of Music!!

I remember one happy hour where we were talking about good movies and we mentioned Ferris Bueller's Day Off. One of the new lawyers just asked "i've never heard of it, what was it about?" We all stared at him like he had 3 heads. The realization that a movie that isn't even that old, relatively speaking, hadn't been heard of by someone who is old enough to practice law seriously shocked me to my core!! And yes, I am not that old either - but I sure felt like I was that day!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The computer tech came out and disengaged my Ethernet cord yesterday, and that was rapid response after a call just a couple of days ago.....now, that's what I call service!
    inthegarden likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    And the Sound of Music!!

I remember one happy hour where we were talking about good movies and we mentioned Ferris Bueller's Day Off. One of the new lawyers just asked "i've never heard of it, what was it about?" We all stared at him like he had 3 heads. The realization that a movie that isn't even that old, relatively speaking, hadn't been heard of by someone who is old enough to practice law seriously shocked me to my core!! And yes, I am not that old either - but I sure felt like I was that day!!
    That lawyer must be really young. When my son (who's now 35) was around 10 or 11, he had a bunch of friends over for a sleepover and they watched Ferris Bueller's Day Off (several times). The next morning, they were all quoting the line "...Cameron is so tight that if you stuck a lump of coal up his ass, in two weeks you'd have a diamond." They thought it was hilarious. I had seen the movie earlier and didn't remember anything raunchy in it. I felt like a bad mom. Now, of course, kids are watching much worse stuff.

Prancersize anyone? I prefer the second technique. lol It just cracks me up, but I do admit when I watch her I get this overwhelming desire to gallop down my driveway! lol

Prancer size funny video - YouTube

+ Reply to Thread